#1 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,270 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:48 PM

I bought this small aeroponic grow unit many years ago. I used it for plants and built several of these,and have used them to clone.

This has been stored for many years and I finaly got around to getting it out of storage.

Anyways a person can build there own and save a lot of money , these work better than bubble cloners sometimes called DWC cloners.

Here's a pic of the pump, riser with the 360 degree spiner on top.These can be bought where ever you can get drip irragation equipment. wallyworld carries them about $1 a piece.

The pump sits in a container with a lid to hold the clones, which get water sprayed on the stems 24/7 until rooted.

I will put an aquarium heater in to keep my water @ 72=75 F.

Materials:
container with a lid
water pump
sprayer or spinner
plastic tube with a cap ( small hole on top of cap holds spinner in place)

Some aero cloners work by way of the water being sprayed thru fine mist sprayheads by a water pump, others like the Rainforest cloner work by a spinning rotor which flings small water specs at the stems. There are even cloners on the market which use ultrasonic humidifier fog being pumped thru a chamber holding the stems.

Some useful links:

http://www.mycotopia.net/HTFaq/836.htm

http://www.mycotopia.net/HTFaq/612.htm

http://www.mycotopia.net/HTFaq/835.htm

The pics explain it better than words.

I gotta clean this unit up
before using. I'll Update later.

namste

Attached Thumbnails

• Aero4 001.JPG
  • Aero4 004.JPG
  • Aero4 005.JPG

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 20 April 2017 - 11:59 PM.

• Hash_Man likes this

#2 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,156 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:11 AM

Oh bro, your giving me ideas . . so is that misting head like 360 degrees
  • Heirloom Spores likes this

#3 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,270 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:46 PM

Yea the misting head is a 360 degreed spinner cost about 2 for a dollar to a doll and change for a spinner with a valve on it.

Here is the change I made to start cloning, a sheet coroplast /corrugated plastic with 9 holes net pots a few neoprene inserts and a the green insert is one I made from a pool noodle cost a dollar and makes a lot of inserts.

In the pics you can see a few spinners. I just need to cut some clones. After I clone I am going to use 4 5"inch net pots to do a mini sog of the og kush. Hydro can be done with organics also.
I have grown larger plants in this unit and got 4 0z's of great bud.

The plants grow super fast due to all the oxygen the roots get, as they hang in the air above the water being sprayed with nute solution.

A person could make smaller holes to start way more clones if they wanted.

I'm sure I forgot to say something but won't realize it until I post this.

Attached Thumbnails

• AERO 001.JPG
  • AERO 002.JPG
  • AERO 003.JPG

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 21 April 2017 - 01:04 PM.

• Hash_Man likes this

#4 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,270 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:39 PM

A few more pics , I cut the bottom off a yogurt container to let the stem hang down to root.

A person can use any plastic container they have instead of net pots or even jut neoprene inserts. 3 and 5 gallon buckets work good for cloner buckets.

namaste

Attached Thumbnails

• aero1 003.JPG
  • aero1 002.JPG
  • aero1 001.JPG

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 21 April 2017 - 04:12 PM.

#5 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:13 PM

I've used DCyans bubble cloners. I've made a few of those home made aero cloners.... Stinkbud style  I've always used the EZ-cloner sprayers. The red ones? Drill a hole in your pvc with a 1/64th" drill bit, and they fit in snuggly. They worked very nicely too. Eventually I put out the dough, and bought a 30 site EZ-cloner. They all work great! One nice thing about the EZ-cloner is they are very quick to send you replacement pumps, and accessories for no cost. So the exorbitant price comes with a lifetime guarantee. They're all quicker than rockwool, but the cheapest, easiest way is just to put your cuts in a glass of water. They always seem to do that when ya don't want them to. "Oh I'll just put these in a glass of water, and get to them later" Check again, and they're rooted! Algae or not Lol! Think about it. Granny's were trading slips of their favorite house plants, and rooting them this way forever! Along came the word "clone", and suddenly it all becomes too scientific, & scares the hell out of newbies. A shot of H2O2 every 4 or 5 days, and your good with any of them. Especially with the ones that seem hung up.

#6 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,156 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:20 PM

inserts. more pics , I cut the bottom off a yogurt container to let the stem hang down to root.A person can use any plastic container they have instead of net pots or even jut neoprene inserts. 3 and 5 gallon buckets work good for cloner buckets.namaste

Real nice my bro, thus weekend I have to getto it, as hard as mine are to clone the one's that did clone always did with a indole 3 butyric acid gel I got from the hydro store he knows I'm always broke on the weekend (get paid on mondays) and has these small samples for free, hehe.
I'm gona try it in rockwool and maybe perlite in little cups if I get enough cuts I'm on a mission LOL.

Then one free weekend I'm gona build that cloner for stress relief : )

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: butter, cups, peanut

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!