• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 313 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:20 AM

In one of my recentg rows, everything was going along well, whitish yellow mycelium with no smells and then today when I checked there is a fluorescent orange colour to some of it. The photo does not do it justice, it is truly fluorescent. Has anyone ever had that before, it was put in direct sun for a while. There is still no discernible smell. I'm going to grow it out to see what happens, I wonder if it is a reaction to the sunlight. It should be interesting...

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF5628a.jpg

Edited by scott_1971_h, 21 April 2017 - 02:51 AM.

#2 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,568 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:23 AM

I don't know what you were trying to grow friend, but I'm pretty certain that is not it. For your own health, I would get that dumped outside right away.

Edited by Juthro, 21 April 2017 - 03:26 AM.

• MLBjammer, coorsmikey, ChimX and 1 other like this

#3 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 313 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:45 AM

lol yes its in the garage cupboard. In not even sure if I should throw it onto the veggie patch. Or the poppy patch for that matter.

#4 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,568 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:26 AM

You just want to make sure you get it outside so you don't create a huge spore load in your indoor grow area.
  • MLBjammer likes this

#5 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,380 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:29 AM

Juthro, you're an old hand like the rest of now, lol.  Good advice, my friend.

Good luck, Scott.

• coorsmikey, Arathu and Juthro like this

#6 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,027 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:25 AM

I hope that the glass doesn't have sentimental value, because I would throw the whole damn thing away.

Either that or pour straight bleach onto it, and let it set for a couple of days.

It may not be that bad, but weird molds freak me out.

• sandman, Juthro, Microbe and 1 other like this

#7 sandman

sandman

Essence of Gypsum

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,918 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:19 AM

Hire the Hulk to throw this jar into the sun. There is zero reason to open this jar man just throw it away. Tie it up in a sack and throw it out of your car window at exactly 88mph.

• coorsmikey, Microbe and tailsmcsnails like this

#8 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

detective dorkasaurus

• OG VIP
  • 7,741 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:27 PM

or re-PC it to save the glass, maybe in a tyvek envelope.

https://mycotopia.ne...jars/?p=1287301

• Arathu likes this

#9 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,568 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:19 PM

If my insight is correct, that glass hasn't been PC'd.

My guess is he currently has no PC. Hence the previous thread asking about fractional sterilization, and the use of a drinking glass, instead of canning jars.
  • coorsmikey and Microbe like this

#10 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

detective dorkasaurus

• OG VIP
  • 7,741 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

If my insight is correct, that glass hasn't been PC'd.

My guess is he currently has no PC. Hence the previous thread asking about fractional sterilization, and the use of a drinking glass, instead of canning jars.

good eye! womp.

#11 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:12 PM

Might be time to GBTTDB (think: Drawing board)

Nothing has improved lol. I'm thinking theres a few cakes here that should be broken up and unceremoniously flushed.

• coorsmikey and Juthro like this

#12 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

detective dorkasaurus

• OG VIP
  • 7,741 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:17 PM

Nothing has improved lol. I'm thinking theres a few cakes here that should be broken up and unceremoniously flushed.

Don't sweat it man, there's literally TONS of substrate/jars that have gone in the compost pile from members here before you. We all make mistakes, it's part of the learning process!

#13 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,393 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:32 PM

For sure.....I've definitely seen things that scared the shit out of me............IMHO get a PC man.......

Like Cat said and I agree with that advice 100% because that's what I do too......Nuclear reactor........... :biggrin:

If I see anything that looks or even smells off in spawn I fry that fucker in the PC.........

And then I have Sandman call the Hulk to throw it at the sun......

Trich on a bulk was the only thing I moved outside without making war on it.............and that was usually after a couple of clean flushes.........

A

• sandman likes this

#14 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 3,027 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:36 PM

Yeah what he said^ the shit still happens to me too however not as colorful!IMG_0131.JPG
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#15 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,568 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:07 PM

No worries brother :) Our mistakes are one of the few things we truly own. They are one of the only things that cant be taken from you :)

Every member here has grown strange and alien life forms at some time or another. But all is not lost, and with a do over(I happen to know you just got a bunch of supplies), I think we can walk you through a successful grow.

Edited by Juthro, 22 April 2017 - 10:07 PM.

• Microbe likes this

#16 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:36 PM

For sure.....I've definitely seen things that scared the shit out of me............IMHO get a PC man.......

Like Cat said and I agree with that advice 100% because that's what I do too......Nuclear reactor........... :biggrin:

If I see anything that looks or even smells off in spawn I fry that fucker in the PC.........

And then I have Sandman call the Hulk to throw it at the sun......

Trich on a bulk was the only thing I moved outside without making war on it.............and that was usually after a couple of clean flushes.........

A

I have had a pc for a few weeks (got it just after I inoc'd) so future growths had better be less colourful.

• Arathu and Juthro like this

#17 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 313 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:27 AM

OK Ive got a question:

I know they like coffee grounds, but ... Does P/Cubensis like tea leaves? I go through PILES of the stuff.

#18 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,380 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:57 AM

I have never heard of anybody using tea leaves, but I figure they might work in a compost mix at least.  I know that Hyphaenation has some threads about alternate substrates--start with his Puck Tek, and go from there.

#19 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

detective dorkasaurus

• OG VIP
  • 7,741 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:17 AM

OK Ive got a question:

I know they like coffee grounds, but ... Does P/Cubensis like tea leaves? I go through PILES of the stuff.

I have never heard of anybody using tea leaves, but I figure they might work in a compost mix at least.  I know that Hyphaenation has some threads about alternate substrates--start with his Puck Tek, and go from there.

@Ferather uses spent tea for edibles:

https://mycotopia.ne...r-addon-recipe/

https://mycotopia.ne...bstrate-thread/

Hyph:

https://mycotopia.ne...sed-substrate/ (he has like 3 puck threads)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!