Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Evolving Traditions: Ancient Psychedelic Species Meet Modern Cultures, Kathleen Harrison

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 elfstone

elfstone

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 314 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:12 PM

Kathleen Harrison presents a wonderful talk here on the Big Species:

[Direct Link]

Much material worth discussing. For one, she touches upon the Mazatec tradition that each species of mushroom with a history of traditional usage has its own qualities that are unique to it. She also points out that the Mazatec people do not view the mushrooms as a "drug," but as a living being you enter into a relationship with. And, for yet another topic of interest, she points out that the real work has always been done in the underground, at the folk level. Through our work with the mushrooms we are cultivating awareness, developing relationships, caring for one another and our environment. That the medicine is being looked at by our professionals is wonderful, but, as I am sure you all know, we are light years ahead of them in the work and understanding we have been doing over the past 40 years. The cutting edge is right here, among us, as we cultivate a living relationship with the spirit in the mushrooms, Los Santos NiƱos.
  • Heirloom likes this

#2 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:27 AM

A great video, worth watching, a lot to think about. 1 hour and 12 minutes well spent. These ancient societies makes me think of our modern sub cultural society - Mycotopia.

#3 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:08 PM

I like what she said about the Intelligence of the Universe saying we got to do something to help modern man or else man will get worse and worse. This was going to be a big tough job, we had better send in Saint Yisdro - P. Cubenis aka San Yisdro- he's easy to grow and can teach people a better way.

I can relate to what she said - that San Yisdro came along to teach people and form a relationship with people , it wants us to grow and eat them so that the mushroom can see what its like to walk, talk, to see to make love ..ect. The people get to see what its like to be Be Mushroomed.

Ancient people had a symbiotic relationship with mushrooms , each species has its own personality, and now modern people once again have a relationship with mushrooms.

The mushrooms are a way for the Universe to communicate with us.

LSD came along at the right time and sparked a psychedelic revival.

I am going to listen to her again and take some notes

#4 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:30 PM

I'm downloading the vid to watch at home later.

Although the topic does interest me the more involved I get with it the more should I say depressed I get about it.  I've come to the conclusion psychedelics are the only way we can save humanity and keep it from going off into the abyss.

I don't know though.  People today seem really closed to the idea.  If they do psychedelics at all its just for mental masturbation and to 'get high' if for any reason at all.  I've read about some of these counter culture pirates of the sixties that trafficked millions and millions of dollars worth of psychedelics because they though it could really help people.  Well here we are decades later and the world is still full of assholes.  What happened?

In my personal experience I can hardly even give them away to friends.  A lot of times after I hook someone up they quit talking to me and just kind fade away.  The only conclusion I can come too is people don't want to look inside.  THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!  Mushrooms might interfere with them being a comfortable cog on the consumer assembly line.  Buy and produce cheap plastic shit.  That is the true meaning of life.

• Heirloom likes this

#5 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:05 PM

I can't give them away myself, you are right a good look at ones self is more than people today can tolerate. They have no interest in life... seems todays culture are heading for extinction/ death

we don't have to go with them though

#6 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:33 PM

I can't give them away myself, you are right a good look at ones self is more than people today can tolerate. They have no interest in life... seems todays culture are heading for extinction/ death

we don't have to go with them though

I'm not sure how you avoid that.  Myself I'm trapped in the health care system.  And I'm pretty sure a major part of my high blood pressure which led to my heart and kidney failure was simply dealing with people in my day to day life.  I wasn't much over 40 when my heart went out which is pretty much unheard of.  Simply the stress of living around all these boneheads and not being able to escape it.  24/7 stress then BOOM my heart blows.

Now I'm trying to get my health back cause the health care system is totally collapsing.  I've been trying to call my doctor for 2 weeks and haven't got an answer yet nor any option to leave a message. 

Yeah I'd say when this shit goes down its gonna take most of us with it.  I'm living on borrowed time now as it is so I'm kinda done worrying about it.

#7 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:19 PM

I live like a hermit rarely having contact with people it brings peace. The modern life is killing people.

I hope those edibles you grow are healing you.

#8 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:01 PM

I live like a hermit rarely having contact with people it brings peace. The modern life is killing people.

I hope those edibles you grow are healing you.

God what I'd give to be a hermit.  Happiest I ever was I lived out of a backpack in Hawaii.  No one can take that away from me but I'm sure someone will try.  If things work out I'll be back to hermit ness but its probably just as likely I'll die first.

The psillocybes help my moods but the turkey tail and birch polypore are what keep me going.  I've developed a tea I'm trying to market but people aren't really interested.  If it isn't something they see on a store shelf in a cute little box they simply aren't gonna buy it.  And I don't have tens of thousands of dollars to get the product on a store shelf.

Hell just a couple weeks ago I saw the gal at the pot shop had a cold and I told her about turkey tails that grew probably a few hundred feet from her shop and damn she looked at me like I was gonna jump over the counter and rape her.  Whatever just wrap up my purchase and I'll go away like a good little consumer cog.  Have fun being sick.  I at least haven't had a cold in even a year and  a half so powerful is this stuff but like I said no one cares.

• Heirloom likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!