12 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,103 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:45 AM

do your friends and family think you just sprout mushrooms out your ears like mine seem to? i havent grown a mushroom in probably almost 10 years but i still get asked about them.

i was at a funeral awhile back with a friend and a group of us were smoking a joint in the parking lot when the subject turned to mushrooms so my friend turned and looked at me..

"what the hell are you looking at me for?"

"youre the only one i know who can get mushrooms."

was like seriously dude?!  just let everyone here know this!

then i havent spoken to my cousin in over a year and one of the first things she asked me is if i had any...about 5 years ago i gave her her first dose of mushrooms and then acid but not at the same time of course... lol.. she had a good trip on the shrooms but not the acid so now she wont do acid again.. i knew not to take a hit with her but she didnt want to do it without me.

so yeah im afraid im forever gonna be labeled as a "wizard" as my husband put it. gonna be 80 years old in a nursing home and my family will only visit me to see if i have any mushrooms... lol

[Direct Link]

• Arathu, Juthro, Spooner and 4 others like this

#2 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:56 AM

Hey, at least they'll visit.

Seriously though, I do understand, I have only one family member that knows, but that one seems to think I can produce at the drop of a hat.
  • Mrs.Hippie3 likes this

#3 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,985 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:34 PM

Nothing is impossible for the person who doesn't have to do it.  :)

• Mrs.Hippie3, Spooner and SteampunkScientist like this

#4 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,564 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:12 AM

my family shunned me for my extracurricular activities in wizardry....

• Heirloom and MickeyMushroom like this

#5 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:59 AM

I've been know as the mushroom wizard since I was a kid...........long before I ever saw a psilocybe of any kind

It's a by product of being an Eastern and Southern European immigrant........Slavic and Italian..........so I was introduced to mushrooms and foraging at the age of four

No one even questions that I'm involved with some fungus or another for most of the year...........in fact I'm sure they've learned the seasons from me going out into the woods and picking

My daughter has a calendar marked with what to pick and when..............morels...leeks.....strawberries....reishi...raspberries...blackberries....chanterelles....lions mane......walnuts.....sheephead 

She has book of shadows started and she's actually starting to catch on that I planned it that way................I've been involved with nature religion as long as I can remember (if one must label it)

The hardcore Christians just pray for me and they know where to get some sheephead :rolleyes: ...........most stay well away cause my carvings are scary....

They definitely know I practice magic..............and I in turn pray for them.........

No one asks me about my wizardry because they have no interest in the quest(s) that I would prescribe...........

This ain't Wall Mart or Burger King....it's not cheap (money doesn't buy things here) nor will they get it their way (Mother Earth doesn't have to give in)

Nope it's not a pharmacy for thrills...........if they want that there's Dr's and amusement parks of all kinds for that bullshit.......

Digging in the dirt is too scary and painful for most modern folks...............they'd rather numb it away in one form or another...

I'll have you rolling around naked in the dirt asking Mother Earth for forgiveness..........  :biggrin:

And weeding out some garden beds............

I am a strange unit (by conventional standards which I don't believe in anyway) and everyone knows that I'll flip out on the folks practicing in the black markets......

But that's just me................to me the magic shrooms are sacred medicine along with a huge spectrum of other things

The Old Mushroom Wizard...........

A

• coorsmikey, ChimX, Zwapa and 2 others like this

#6 Zwapa

Zwapa

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 265 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:39 AM

i like the wavy margin Araman!

#7 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:20 PM

Haha. :) Better tell the people hitting you up for mushrooms that they should just grow their own so they can stop asking you. Then maybe those people will become mushroom wizards.

• Mrs.Hippie3 likes this

#8 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,103 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:58 AM

Haha. :) Better tell the people hitting you up for mushrooms that they should just grow their own so they can stop asking you. Then maybe those people will become mushroom wizards.

yea what i told my cousin and directed her here to learn but its much easier hitting someone up for them... lol

• Juthro likes this

#9 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:01 PM

I spent over ten years trying to find wild shrooms in the local environment...............

They can at least put in the effort to find or grow some for themselves...........or not........

I'm sure their Dr's have something for them............... :tongue:

And there's always the lovely bar scene........

A

• Mrs.Hippie3 likes this

#10 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,029 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:52 PM

Numbness comes in so many forms. So most choose not to think, because that is hard work, and forces them to consider the fact that their cherished beliefs might be wrong...or at least, severely limited.

The "pagan", or as I like to say, the "Magick User" has learned that there is more to reality than material. He or she has had the audacity to question the existence of societies "gods", Abrahamic, or commercial...

And decided to find other gods, gods who will teach him or her to be a god themselves.

And we are labeled the dark side? Fine, we have better sex, and better cookies.
40535d1769c0dcb5a4a2df2ae3bf02ab.jpg
cd31425b03cc33affa6e19fb59a68f9a.jpg

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 21 May 2017 - 09:00 PM.

• Arathu, Mrs.Hippie3, Spooner and 1 other like this

#11 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:38 AM

I posted once on another site a long time ago, that had a religious forum (mostly Christians either arguing amongst themselves or patting each other in the back), this topic:

Lucifer - Terrorist or Freedom Fighter?

Yes I did post it because I knew the reaction it would get, but think about it a bit.
  • Spooner likes this

#12 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,029 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:34 PM

Wasn't rapture forum was it? In any event I can imagine the 6000 word posts complete with scripture posts, and condemnation.

#13 RedQueen222

RedQueen222

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:13 PM

When I get asked its only by close friends these days. I left the madness of being famous. If it does come up all i can say is I have a print for you. Its school time friend. They usually refuse as wizardry is a lot of work and people are lazy. I however wild find now for my own wants. Liberty is free!!

Edited by RedQueen222, 23 June 2017 - 08:15 PM.

• Spooner and SteampunkScientist like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!