• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 archersmark

archersmark

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:24 PM

I'm not going to try this as I already have a simple setup with monotubs that I'm going to continue working with.  I'm also going to try fruiting in a mycobag per kcmoxtractor just to go even simpler.  

However, I am curious about some pictures of someone's bulk grow I saw previously.  Can anyone walk me through what we're seeing here in these pictures from a bulk grow that got busted in NY in late 2016.  Note: this was a lesson in NOT selling, NOT talking about growing with anyone, and once again NOT selling.  Personally I am in this for learning and humility and to help friends who suffer from debilitating migraines.  

Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 5.38.57 PM.png

DEA-Seizes-250-Pounds-of-Magic-Mushrooms-in-Brooklyn-New-York-Drug-Bust.jpg

post-105197-0-98099800-1482414779.png

Looks like sterlite storage boxes (tubs) around 15 gallon/ 60 quarts.

Inside the tubs are some sort of black growing trays (no taping of the tubs, no black liner either)

The tubs are connected via tubing, the tubing enters at the bottom of the tubs, not the top.

I would imagine the tubing is to deliver humidity, but pardon the stupid question, is it possible to deliver both FAE + humidity using the same tubing?  Then the question becomes where is excess CO2 going to?  I don't see any other holes/exchanges etc from those tubs, what would you expect to see to make this setup work? 

#2 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,312 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:32 PM

Judging by piping I think that setup is actually more FAE than rH. Because, I imagine that most of the H2O would condense inside the tubing and be lost. But, of course I could be wrong.

Probably has GE set for 3 to 5 times a day.

• archersmark likes this

#3 archersmark

archersmark

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:50 PM

Judging by piping I think that setup is actually more FAE than rH. Because, I imagine that most of the H2O would condense inside the tubing and be lost. But, of course I could be wrong.

Probably has GE set for 3 to 5 times a day.

How do you keep your substrate from drying out with this type of GE automation?

#4 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 524 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:06 PM

if Cue is right and i think he is ( GE i would pump in in the bottom, if i was using those pipes for humidity i would pump in at the top), GE 3 to 5 times a day wouldnt dry out the sub very much.

Seems like a lot of equipment when regular monos would be more efficient, seems like a guy that followed threw the urkea moment we all have at the beginning " holly shit cubes are easy to grow"

• archersmark and cap10cubensis like this

#5 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:25 PM

Wow, that is really a big waste of space.  It was truly amateur hour there; i.e., at least fill the bottom of the tubs up with substrate.

Yeah, the only use that tubing could be for is automated air exchange, but all the tubs needed were a couple fans and some filtered (or very small open) holes--or slightly loose lids and the occasional manual fan.

That is a lesson in how not to grow big--very inefficient.

Edited by MLBjammer, 27 April 2017 - 06:33 PM.

• archersmark and cap10cubensis like this

#6 cap10cubensis

cap10cubensis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:43 PM

Not to be judging others but I agree it looks over done and inefficient cubes are very forgiving if these guys were smart they could probably do it with half of what they have cutting costs and increasing profits from a business perspective that is . tho iv done huge setups but never sold a cube always just gave gifts to my friends and family trying to help heal humanity lol fungi forever

#7 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

This motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,208 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:44 PM

at least fill the bottom of the tubs up with substrate.

Yeah but think of the amount of cleaning that they didn't want to do.  :biggrin:

• Cue and archersmark like this

#8 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:47 PM

they might of saved a lot of space,time and work by just using a greenhouse,plastic stapled onto a wood frame subs on shelves, clean air in, old air out, easy to harvest.

buying all those tubs might attract un wanted attention. I wonder what they did with the spent subs.

easy money is always trouble. what kind of sentence was handed down?

this is another reason to never sell, greed in not good

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 27 April 2017 - 07:48 PM.

• Arathu and archersmark like this

#9 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,729 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:44 PM

So say the fungi.............they told the old wizard long ago.........

You want man's money..... get one of man's jobs...............

Else live FREE like everything else does................

I wish people would listen to that........

Peace.......

A

• archersmark, Heirloom , peacefrog and 1 other like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!