#21 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,632 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:02 PM

Shitty microbe grammar^ man alive i would be able to lay down a reply like tvcasualty would.....

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Edited by Microbe, 02 May 2017 - 09:03 PM.

#22 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,632 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:12 PM

Horrible comparison up there using bleach. My point was we cant simply set a standard of exposure time to UV light to destroy a organism. One organism might be destroyed at 4 exposures in 5 minute increments with several minutes between or when exposed to it constantly, it would take 8 hours for example. Microbes fight for their lifes as we would; are we not simply a giant microbe? Wait that made sense what so ever....

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Edited by Microbe, 02 May 2017 - 09:14 PM.

#23 arefox

arefox

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 10:34 PM

I have had good results sterilizing my garage for agar work with a UV-C light. the only bad thing is that it produces Ozone but I am not working in the ozone for very long for it to be a concern for my health. I am in there just long enough to pour my agar and inoculate.

#24 sandman

sandman

That Motherfucker

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,022 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 April 2021 - 08:03 AM

Dont expose your skin or eyes to uv-c light it is very bad. Using it to sanitize an area is one thing but it should be off when you are exposed to it.

The only bad thing is not ozone it also causes burns, cancer, and can cause all kinds of eye problems. 

• BigCityCloset likes this

#25 BigCityCloset

BigCityCloset

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 11:41 AM

I use a UV bulb i bought off of Amazon for about $80 and it seems to do the job my main concern is with the Ozone generation. That stuff is not good to breath in or be exposed to for long periods of time.

I use my UV in conjunction with my 99.97 HEPA. It's main use is for when I clean my work room after I spray and wipe everything down with H2O2, I let the UV run for 30 mins in 4 different locations and just leave the house for the evening after it is all done for a few hours.

In this circumstance I find it very useful.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!