2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
1 egg, lightly beaten
12 mushroom caps
buttered bread crumbs
Parmesan cheese
paprika

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Combine crabmeat with dry bread crumbs, onions, garlic powder, salt and parsley. Add eggs and mix well. Fill mushroom caps with the mixture and sprinkle with extra buttered bread crumbs and cheese. (For buttered bread crumbs, toss a few tablespoons bread crumbs in melted butter). Sprinkle lightly with paprika.

Bake until lightly browned or broil under preheated broiler, with the broiler rack 3 inches below the flame. Allow to brown lightly before serving.

Finely chopped shrimp, artificial crab, or lobster may be substituted for the crabmeat.

Note: If using dried parsley, reduce to 1 teaspoon.

Serves 4

• Juthro, Spooner, Heirloom and 1 other like this

#2 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 524 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:02 PM

Crap Mrs H, you just made me so hungry for stuffed mushrooms. Good thing the store by the house sells them. I'll have to try your receipt sometime, i do make killer crab won-tons already.

• Mrs.Hippie3 and wharfrat like this

#3 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,103 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:43 PM

i found a mushroom cookbook online so i will be posting more recipes when i can :biggrin:

• Juthro likes this

#4 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 275 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:59 PM

Holy Crabmeat young lady! That sounds simply deliciousa! I will finely mince the onions, and parsley for my stuffed agaricus bisporous caps. Hollow them out a little bit by removing the gills, so I can fit in more stuffing. Mince the stems, gills and carvings finely, to add back to the stuffing. I have no parmesan this evening, so I'm going to substitute with freshly grated Pecorino Romano. At the moment, I don't have shrimp, crab,  lobster, or regular paprika. No problem! I'll substitute with a few  King Oscar Anchovies, finely minced of course, and dust with smoked paprika. They're going to be over stuffed but so will we after we enjoy. Thanks for the inspiration for this recipe! Happy Saturday Night!  

• Mrs.Hippie3 and Spooner like this

#5 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,868 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 April 2017 - 11:57 PM

Sounds delish Ms.H !!

I do I similar recipe, but I smoke the stuffed mushrooms for about an hour, then tuck them under the broiler to finish and add a little browning to the cheese. (it also works well with Italian sausage(pre-cooked) instead of seafood, if you happen to have friends that are allergic to shellfish)

I look forward to your next instalment Ms. H, as I love me some mushroom recipes :)
  • Mrs.Hippie3 and Spooner like this

#6 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,103 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:11 AM

please post pics if you make any of these recipes! would love to see them

• Juthro likes this

#7 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,103 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

heres another stuffed mushroom recipe but without crab meat.. looks simple and easy to make too!

Stuffed Mushrooms

1 pkg cream cheese
1 lb bacon, cooked and chopped
1 bundle chopped green onion
1 handful shredded cheddar cheese
Mushrooms

Clean and take the stems out of the mushrooms

Combine remaining ingredients and place a small amount in each mushroom cap

Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minute

Edited by Mrs.Hippie3, 30 April 2017 - 08:20 AM.

#8 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,103 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:25 AM

stuffed mushrooms are probably the number one dish made with mushrooms so theres a ton of recipes as you can imagine.. i will try to post them all in this thread... lol... im just kidding.. only the ones i like.. lol

BACON STUFFED MUSHROOMS

12 slices of bacon
1 lb. fresh, med. mushrooms (about 36)
1 c. finely chopped onions
2/3 c. finely chopped celery
1/2 c. chicken broth
2 tbsp. butter
Pinch of powdered thyme, rosemary and sage
1/2 c. pkg. bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste

Fry bacon until crisp, drain on paper towel. Reserve 4 tbsp. bacon drippings. Remove mushroom stems and chop fine; reserve mushroom caps.

Heat reserved bacon drippings in frying pan. Add chopped mushroom stems, onions and celery. Saute for 15 minutes. Add broth, butter, thyme, rosemary, and sage; heat until butter is melted and remove from heat. Add bacon bits and bread crumbs to mixture; stir well. Taste, adding salt and pepper Fill mushroom caps with bacon mixture and place on baking sheet. Broil in preheated oven for 5 to 7 minutes until mixture is toasty and mushrooms are very hot. Makes 3 dozen.

#9 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,103 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:40 AM

Stuffed Mushroom Caps

Ingredients:
12 whole fresh mushrooms
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off stems. Chop stems extremely fine, discarding tough end of stems.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom stems to the skillet. Fry until any moisture has disappeared, taking care not to burn garlic. Set aside to cool.
When garlic and mushroom mixture is no longer hot, stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mixture should be very thick. Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared cookie sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!