• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 TyWin1010

TyWin1010

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:45 AM

Next week I will be starting a microdosing experiment using a 2lb 1 foot cutting of T Bridgesii.  My intentions are to do a very small amount.  I don't want to feel a strong body high.  I don't want any of the distractions that come from doing a decent amount.  The intention is to elevate my mood, energy and outlook on life.

When looking at the microdosing guides for Fungi I am seeing a pattern of 1/20th to 1/10th of what I would consider a regular dose:  .1g-.2g versus a regular 2g dose.  I realize 2g is the low end of what I would consider a regular does.

I consider 1lb of cacti to be the equivalent of a 2g fungi in terms of potency.  Yes, i realise potency varies wildly in cacti.  My plan is to cut off a 25 gram slice, remove the spines, as much wax as possible and eat everything but the core.  I plan on doing this every 4th day.

I will probably start my first dose on Wednesday.  Wondering if anyone has any thoughts or advice?

• edwed likes this

#2 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:13 PM

I have not done this but will be reading your reports...

#3 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,288 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:44 PM

Personally I would bet you won't make it through the first slice just for the taste and texture. Also two grams of mescaline being a low dose? Most folks trip on as low as .500 mg. I took 1.5 grams of mescaline one time and had a phenomenal face melting trip at the ocean, so if two grams is a low dose for you I take my hat off to you sir.

I find low doses of mescaline to produce nausea and feeling poorly for hours, so I am interested to see how this one comes out. Power on man, power on!

Peace...

• fungi2bwith, Juthro and Heirloom like this

#4 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

Fabric of Time and Dimension

• Gold VIP
  • 589 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:07 PM

looking fwd to reading your reports.

#5 TyWin1010

TyWin1010

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:27 PM

Personally I would bet you won't make it through the first slice just for the taste and texture. Also two grams of mescaline being a low dose? Most folks trip on as low as .500 mg. I took 1.5 grams of mescaline one time and had a phenomenal face melting trip at the ocean, so if two grams is a low dose for you I take my hat off to you sir.

I find low doses of mescaline to produce nausea and feeling poorly for hours, so I am interested to see how this one comes out. Power on man, power on!

Peace...

2g of mescaline would be insane, I think you misread my post.

#6 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,288 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:40 PM

Just re-read it again and sure looks to me like it says 2g. Didn't mean to sound argumentative, and meant no disrespect man. Yes that would be an Irish Lion size dose and I have yet to play in water that deep like he did. :)

#7 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:01 PM

Does say 2g; but not in reference to Mescaline. It's in reference to fungi. (And I assume he means _dried_ fungi.)

#8 TyWin1010

TyWin1010

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:58 PM

Does say 2g; but not in reference to Mescaline. It's in reference to fungi. (And I assume he means _dried_ fungi.)

You are correct.  I probably could have worded it better.

#9 TyWin1010

TyWin1010

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:59 PM

Just re-read it again and sure looks to me like it says 2g. Didn't mean to sound argumentative, and meant no disrespect man. Yes that would be an Irish Lion size dose and I have yet to play in water that deep like he did. :)

No disrespect taken. :)

• Coopdog likes this

#10 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• Expired Member
  • 1,564 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:28 AM

Irish also liked his amphetamines.....and where is he now.....

anyways, sorry, back to the topic. Personally, I don't think this is going to do much for you, or at least in the way you think.  Coop is right, low doses, from my experience, cause nausea and just a weirdness...for a few hours....

But keep us posted....

• Coopdog likes this

#11 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,043 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:25 AM

Since every body has its own set of reactions, I will hope you have some positive effects. I did not understand if you planned to dry these small portions and take it that way, or eat it fresh.

I am one of those people who have a guaranteed purge from cactus, even in lower doses. I consider it a necessary part of the process. I have not heard of anyone using cactus for low dose kind of medicinal use, so I will be watching for feedback. I would personally find the mushrooms more suited to low dose, but that does not mean your metabolism would not achieve similar beneficial effects from the cactus.

#12 TyWin1010

TyWin1010

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:18 PM

Took first dose 5 hours ago.  T Bridgesii is much more bitter than san pedro, which is what I am familiar with, I was amazed at the numbing action it had on my mouth.  With it being such a small amount it wasn't an issue eating it.

I took 15 grams of fresh cactus.   I didn't have any stomach issues or anything negative at all other than a bitter/numb mouth for about 30 minutes after. 

I will increase to 25 grams on monday and stick with that weight for a few weeks. 

• Coopdog and meyer like this

#13 meyer

meyer

Its better to burn out, than fade away...

• OG VIP
  • 1,037 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:52 AM

Wow, this is amazing, this is half the reason I came back, sorry guys, I took a break and am back now, there were a few reasons why, but I missed you guys and the community that is this group of people. Can't wait to catchup on everything and with everyone.. enough about me, now for what actually made me login today.

I was actually just going to start a thread concerning this very topic. Over the summer, I acquired additional materials (because who can touch any of there babies they have raised and put so much effort into, they are all now part of my family now) to take my first cacti related spiritual journey and have not yet done it. To be honest, I am a little concerned with what I have learned to be the length and intensity of a proper trip. As such, I was wondering if there was a way to test the water with my swimmies on? Mind you, I am one of those people who can and will go big with a fungi trip and have no qualms about it, I usually keep it together, but this is a whole different level, at least what I have built up in my head from everything I have learned and in past discussions with sky. So reading above, it doesn't seem like anyone has much, if any experience in just testing the waters with a mesc trip, if I am wrong here please let me know. I would really like to give this a go, but like I said, I wanted to start off small, but if it's just going to make me feel like shit, maybe I just need to grow a set and go for it. Before I do, I want to make sure I at least get this question answered.... please offer me your thoughts or expand on what it you have already said, if you can.

#14 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,043 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:54 PM

Nice to see you meyer.

I believe the objective with microdosing is an improvement in mood, and a positive energy. Low dose cactus is not going to give any low level trip to test the water so to speak. The objective here is quite different. I am looking forward to hearing your evaluations after a period at this low amount TyWin.

Meyer, there is a definite threshold level with cactus. You have to cross that threshold to experience the desired state. "Almost" getting there is a hugely disappointing experience if a spirit walk is your objective. It may last substantially longer than mushrooms, but there is an accompanying euphoric effect as well, and the feeling of well being is going to make it far more unlikely to have a bad time, as long as set and setting are attended to.

It is this accompanying euphoric state that makes me curious if TyWins low dose experiment has potential to improve the mind state without actually tripping.

• meyer likes this

#15 TyWin1010

TyWin1010

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:04 PM

Ok, did my second dose yesterday as planned.  Again, no stomach issues or negativity at all.  On both days that I microdosed I felt like I had more energy.  I really wanted to get up from my desk and do manual labor.  I'm not sure if it's just placebo or if it's the microdose.  I will say I haven't noticed any changes in mood or behavior on any days other than the days i microdose, but it's only been a little over a week at this point.  Time will tell.  Next dose is friday.  I will report back.

• Skywatcher likes this

#16 TyWin1010

TyWin1010

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:47 AM

I think I am going to stop eating 25g and turn the entire 1 lb cutting into a tea and dose the tea as needed.  It's kind of a pain to have to scrape off a 4 day old callous and then try and cut a 25g slice.

I think I am going to prep it like I normally prep a tea:

1. dice the fresh 1lb cacti up like an onion
  2. freeze
  3. put the frozen pieces in a pyrex with 1/2 cup fresh lime juice and 1/2-1 cup water.
  4. put the pyrex on a an elevated stand in a pressure cooker
  5. put a couple inches water in the PC and PC for 40 minutes
  6. transfer pyrex contents to french press to remove the pulp
  7. disperse the tea into a couple ice trays and store in the freezer

#17 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,288 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:58 PM

Much respect for having the fortitude to choke down those bitter doses! That takes some determination indeed lol. Interested to see if this has any positive impact as well. I have been considering harvesting a big hunk of San Pedro and Torch and making a tea myself. Seems I only do that about once a year and even then I Have a hard time convincing myself to do it.

Peace...

• Skywatcher, shakid and tailsmcsnails like this

#18 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,043 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:11 AM

If you have stayed with this TyWin, I would love to hear some feedback on how this seems to be going.............

• tailsmcsnails likes this

#19 Larsypoo

Larsypoo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:56 PM

I know this thread is a few month old but I wanted to add my experience to anyone considering microdosing.

Recently, I acquired 3 - 12" cuttings of some T. Bridgesii. I decided to do a potency test  as my wife and I are planning a camping trip to watch the Perseid meteor showers Aug 12-13th and I don't want to blow her out of the water with her first cactus journey. 

What I did was cut one of the 12" pieces into thirds - 4" for consumption and the other two 4" pieces were planted. The piece to be eaten was sliced into 1/2" cucumber like slices. I cut out the core and peeled the hard outer skin away and started to chomp away. Everybody says it tastes horrible and I won't dispute that but I expected much worse reading other reports. Honestly, I've had IPA beers that tasted nearly as bitter so in my mind it wasn't so horrific. I tried salting some of the pieces and with others added a dash of cholula hot sauce. That also helped slightly tame the bitter taste.

I ate them on an empty stomach around 9:00 am - fully chewing each bite in all its bitter glory. Around 10:15 I started to notice some subtle effects - for instance, words on my computer monitor were having a bit of 3D effect to them and I was feeling a pleasant body glow. Nothing overly weird or unnerving, but definitely different and fun. I liken the feeling to a light dose of MDMA.

At this point I thought it was time to do some yard work and get some fresh air.  What followed for the next 8 hours was a real burst of energy and focus and boy did I accomplish a ton of shit!  For some reason things that I ordinarily overlook or accept "as is" now drove me bonkers. A perfect example is my bathroom closets and medicine cabinet. In the past I would just search about looking for something and likely creating disarray in the process. Also, sometime last year I had spilled some cough syrup on the top shelf and didn't properly clean it up resulting in a never ending bit of stickiness.  Yes, kind of gross but I was just overlooking it in my laziness.

Fast forward 8 hours and my yard looks awesome, my bathroom closets are immaculately organized, I vacuumed and mopped the entire house, washed and folded all the laundry,  cleaned my car, paid some bills that I had neglected, and lastly cooked dinner for me and my wife. She arrived home home and was quite pleased to say the least:).  And I won't complain how the rest of the night went either!!  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Overall it was a fantastic day. I was really flowing, focused and having fun. The only drawback I felt was a bit more sweating than normal and falling asleep was a bit of a chore.  

The End.  :tongue:

• Skywatcher, Brendo, Heirloom and 2 others like this

#20 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 250 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:06 PM

i find this a fascinating thread  .i would like to hear more from others experimenting with micro dosing cactus .

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!