1 reply to this topic

#1 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,572 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:54 PM

This is great as a topping to meats such as pork, or chicken. It's fairly simple to make also.  I love this stuff and could just eat it by the spoonful.

Ingredients

6 apples (3 gala and 3 granny smiths)

3 shallots

2 jalapenos

1 poblano pepper

1 red pepper

1 Tblsp of butter

1/4 cup of veg oil

3 cups of apple cider vinegar

1.5 cups of brown sugar

2 cinnamon sticks

Peel the granny smith apples and leave the skin on the gala's. Do a 1/2" dice on the apples.  Take the shallots, and all the peppers and do a fine dice (1/4 inch).   Once the first five ingredients are diced, throw them in a sauce pot and add the butter and oil.  Cook on low heat until the apples are slightly soft....meanwhile combine the vinegar and brown sugar in a bowl and mix until the brown sugar is dissolved. Once the apples are nicely softened, not mush, add the vinegar/brown sugar mixture and cinnamon sticks. Take the heat up to medium and bring to a simmer.  Reduce down until the liquid is a dark brown and syrupy. The apples should be slightly translucent.  Take off heat and remove cinnamon sicks. Voila, apple chutney! This is good right now, but let it sit in the fridge for a night and it gets better. Heat it back up to serve if chilled.

Edited by fungi2bwith, 04 May 2017 - 03:02 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#2 Thunder

Thunder

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:37 PM

Nice! I do a 'Polynesian pulled pork' with Mango Chutney. Next time I smoke up a pork roast, I'll use your recipe instead! I'll hv to figure out another name tho. Lol
  • fungi2bwith likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!