77 replies to this topic

#61 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 596 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:23 PM

How much harder to grow is PE compared with (say) GT or AA+?

And is the buzz really worth it, compared with those two specifically?

Part of my problem is my house is incredibly dirty.  Its a duplex and there isn't much I can do with the overall condition of the property.  I think if you had ultra pure air and time penis envy would outperform all other cubensis on a pure weight basis.  Me personally I don't see massive differences in mental high of any of the cubensis.

I think the problems I've had with fruiting MAY be bacterial contamination.  That's just my theory though as I don't own a microscope.  It could be that penis envy is just a moody bitch.

About half my PE bins made it to fruiting.  I've also been growing GT at the same time as all this.  You can see my thread.  GT is at the top of my list currently of real easy to grow kick ass strains.  I haven't grow the other one you mentioned.

I'll probably grow PE again but only when I have more room to experiment.  Its hard not to be impressed with those giant fruits that you do get.  I've heard of other cubensis getting giant fruits but I can't tell what the formulae is to get that result.

#62 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,746 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:06 PM

Penis Envy is very hard. Very very hard when she walks by wearing that skimpy outfit...

I'm sorry, what was the question?

#63 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 596 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:19 PM

The bins last a while for sure.  They are harder to colonize but the ones that do have spectacular results.  The later flushes seem to have the giant fruits which seems to be confirmed in other threads.

This latest giant will be almost a full quarter when dried.  And it looks just as strong as a smaller one judging by the bluing on it.  I think its a wives tale that the small fruits have just as much potency as the larger forms.  You can't tell me that eating this fucker is gonna be the same as eating it when it was only an inch tall.  If that were true magic mushrooms would be too unpredictable in strength to even fuck with.

This latest giant would have got bigger but the cap was starting to break and I'm a purist for quality.

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_8240.JPG
  • SAM_8247.JPG
  • SAM_8249.JPG
  • SAM_8253.JPG
  • SAM_8255.JPG
  • SAM_8256.JPG

#64 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 929 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

That's just obscene, lol.

#65 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 596 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:39 PM

I thin the bed out at least once daily to let the ones that look more promising mature.  It works for fruit trees so I'm assuming it does for shrooms too.

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_8265.JPG
  • SAM_8266.JPG
  • SAM_8267.JPG

#66 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,746 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:46 PM

And she said:
I can't handle penis of that magnitude!
29_akbar_starwars.jpg

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 09 August 2017 - 07:46 PM.

#67 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 596 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:37 PM

Beds are dying down.

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_8283.JPG

#68 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 596 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:55 PM

Probably the last of the big ones unless I get another flush.

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_8292.JPG

#69 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 596 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:25 PM

Fully dried.  Almost a quarter.  Don't eat it in one sitting!

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_8311.JPG

#70 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 661 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:16 PM

The bins last a while for sure.  They are harder to colonize but the ones that do have spectacular results.  The later flushes seem to have the giant fruits which seems to be confirmed in other threads.

This latest giant will be almost a full quarter when dried.  And it looks just as strong as a smaller one judging by the bluing on it.  I think its a wives tale that the small fruits have just as much potency as the larger forms.  You can't tell me that eating this fucker is gonna be the same as eating it when it was only an inch tall.  If that were true magic mushrooms would be too unpredictable in strength to even fuck with.

This latest giant would have got bigger but the cap was starting to break and I'm a purist for quality.

I've just wet my pants... Now THAT would make a mystic pizza...

#71 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 596 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

The bins definitely have some longevity to them.  I planted this small bin over two months ago and its still producing.  Another bin is as well.  I'm trying to let a few get big enough to get prints but they don't seem like they do real well on producing spores which I've heard in other threads.  Might be some sort of trick to it.

I also put all my shit in one small room which I cleaned up pretty good and I call it ....wait for it.....my clean room.  I put in a small walmart air filter for like twenty plus bucks and it seems to be making a difference with my contamination rates and consequently the longevity rates of my bins.

I can even breathe better in there.  This house has some dirty fucking air in it.

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_8388.JPG
  • SAM_8387.JPG

Edited by OysterFarmer, 25 August 2017 - 02:27 PM.

#72 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 596 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:57 PM

Been trying to get prints and after three large caps I have zero prints.  Maybe its only the small ones that print well.

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_8393.JPG
  • SAM_8394.JPG

#73 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 596 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:00 PM

It seems to clone up well.  I suppose having done this in a glove box inside my clean room helped as well.

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_8398.JPG

#74 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 596 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:20 PM

Well fuck.  I think I put to rest that age old question if the small ones are stronger than the big ones.  I have been kinda holding back on parting with the real giants as most are bigger than an 8 and I'd be afraid someone would try to down the whole thing and get really fucked up.

Plus I've heard they aren't as easy on your system.

Anyways I had a couple of those giant caps that never released spores and so I threw them on the dryer.  I usually eat the trashy looking stuff first myself and save the primo for what goes to other people.  I had them sitting next to me while I worked and smoked weed.

I started hitting what felt like jumps in time or what McKenna referred to as that wave thing.  I started getting really paranoid about how close we are to artificial intelligence and robots taking over the world.  I started thinking about how everything will explode almost immediately once we invent an artificial intelligence greater than us.  One that can itself create better versions of itself and solve age old technical problems.

I started to get really obsessed with this idea and when I turned on Coast to coast really late this was exactly what they were talking about. 

All In all I think I only ate like a cap and a half of those giants and pretty much got pretty trippy most of the night into early morning.

You start to kinda get used to this stuff when you do it all the time but once in a while you get hit with something that seems a little out of the ordinary that bears reporting on.

• bozefonce likes this

#75 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,093 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:01 AM

...the same way I like my caulk.  Carefully applied where needed.

#76 MycoMan

MycoMan

"Mycophiliac"

• Black VIP
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:30 AM

PE doesn't print, if they do it's so light you cannot see and the spores are sterile and irregularly developed. I know a Pseudo Printing Tek just for PE I pinned at a site I used to belong to.

Dude I have done one shoe box grow of PE and cased it and got 2 oz's off it, your grow is Spectacular and thinking outside the box I know this may be a bit late. You got it going on bro!

#77 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 596 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:34 PM

How is it then that the spore suppliers always have syringes on hand?  True they ALWAYS cost more than all the others.  But I guess its worth it.

I just can't seem to get my place clean to complete a grow without ordering clean spores.  I keep thinking I have it then I don't.  I guess my place is just too dirty.  No way to really clean this place without a bulldozer.  Hopefully I'll be moving soon.....

#78 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 596 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:37 PM

I think I'll probably start another PE grow soon.  I've got B+ going now and although it is the most reliable I've found it just doesn't produce the wild shit PE does.

B+ is like dating a school teacher that only does vanilla sex but she does it every night.

PE is like dating a crazy schizophrenic girl that wants to watch you have sex with her mom and brings you free alcohol and drugs but she also might disappear on you for weeks on end and maybe burn your house down too.

You'll probably end up marrying the school teacher but if you don't actually sneak off to meet up with the Schizo girl once in a while you will at least be thinking about her.

Edited by OysterFarmer, 20 September 2017 - 04:38 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!