• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 335 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:23 PM

How much harder to grow is PE compared with (say) GT or AA+?

And is the buzz really worth it, compared with those two specifically?

Part of my problem is my house is incredibly dirty.  Its a duplex and there isn't much I can do with the overall condition of the property.  I think if you had ultra pure air and time penis envy would outperform all other cubensis on a pure weight basis.  Me personally I don't see massive differences in mental high of any of the cubensis.

I think the problems I've had with fruiting MAY be bacterial contamination.  That's just my theory though as I don't own a microscope.  It could be that penis envy is just a moody bitch.

About half my PE bins made it to fruiting.  I've also been growing GT at the same time as all this.  You can see my thread.  GT is at the top of my list currently of real easy to grow kick ass strains.  I haven't grow the other one you mentioned.

I'll probably grow PE again but only when I have more room to experiment.  Its hard not to be impressed with those giant fruits that you do get.  I've heard of other cubensis getting giant fruits but I can't tell what the formulae is to get that result.

#62 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,615 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:06 PM

Penis Envy is very hard. Very very hard when she walks by wearing that skimpy outfit...

I'm sorry, what was the question?

#63 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 335 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:19 PM

The bins last a while for sure.  They are harder to colonize but the ones that do have spectacular results.  The later flushes seem to have the giant fruits which seems to be confirmed in other threads.

This latest giant will be almost a full quarter when dried.  And it looks just as strong as a smaller one judging by the bluing on it.  I think its a wives tale that the small fruits have just as much potency as the larger forms.  You can't tell me that eating this fucker is gonna be the same as eating it when it was only an inch tall.  If that were true magic mushrooms would be too unpredictable in strength to even fuck with.

This latest giant would have got bigger but the cap was starting to break and I'm a purist for quality.

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_8240.JPG
  • SAM_8247.JPG
  • SAM_8249.JPG
  • SAM_8253.JPG
  • SAM_8255.JPG
  • SAM_8256.JPG

#64 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 634 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

That's just obscene, lol.

#65 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 335 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:39 PM

I thin the bed out at least once daily to let the ones that look more promising mature.  It works for fruit trees so I'm assuming it does for shrooms too.

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_8265.JPG
  • SAM_8266.JPG
  • SAM_8267.JPG

#66 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,615 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:46 PM

And she said:
I can't handle penis of that magnitude!
29_akbar_starwars.jpg

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 09 August 2017 - 07:46 PM.

#67 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 335 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:37 PM

Beds are dying down.

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_8283.JPG

#68 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 335 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:55 PM

Probably the last of the big ones unless I get another flush.

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_8292.JPG

#69 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 335 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:25 PM

Fully dried.  Almost a quarter.  Don't eat it in one sitting!

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_8311.JPG

#70 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 424 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:16 PM

The bins last a while for sure.  They are harder to colonize but the ones that do have spectacular results.  The later flushes seem to have the giant fruits which seems to be confirmed in other threads.

This latest giant will be almost a full quarter when dried.  And it looks just as strong as a smaller one judging by the bluing on it.  I think its a wives tale that the small fruits have just as much potency as the larger forms.  You can't tell me that eating this fucker is gonna be the same as eating it when it was only an inch tall.  If that were true magic mushrooms would be too unpredictable in strength to even fuck with.

This latest giant would have got bigger but the cap was starting to break and I'm a purist for quality.

I've just wet my pants... Now THAT would make a mystic pizza...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!