Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

39.8°C fever since 3 days, nothing helps...should I take antibiotics?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Neptunechild

Neptunechild

Cactus Wizard

• OG VIP
  • 673 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:02 AM

Namaste

Usually when I have the flue or fever, it goes away after 2-3 days. But my fever is getting worse.
I have eaten ginger and tumeric roots the past two days and it always helped for a couple of hours, but no cure in sight.

It has been a long time since I was so sick...I already went to the doctor and they told me the best solution would be antibiotics because my immunesystem is very very busy fightin of the viruses, microorganism whatever.

I told her that antibiotics are not an option and I got some Ibuprofen to cure the pain, as I stopped smoking weed nearly 3 weeks ago.
And I find it to dangerous to work with Kratom or Opium to cure my pains...I'm a person who can get very addicted to something when he likes it...

Are there some other tricks that worked for you and that you can recommend?
If the fever stays like this, I will consider taking antibiotics...I feel like shit and all I want is some lasting relief...

Hope this is the right place for a thread like this.

Plants that I already tried in the last 3 days include Ashwagandah, Atropa Belladona and Ephedra.

All grown by me and the medicine was also made by me...
As of yet, the Atropa leaves and the ginger/tumeric roots worked best, but it does not last...

Peace my friends

EDIT: CBD has anti-psychotics effects on me and makes me relaxe, but no pain relief. No the oil, not the weed itself...CBD is not an option.

Edited by Neptunechild, 01 June 2017 - 06:03 AM.

#2 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:20 AM

Doctors diagnose and prescribe,  Recommend asking one.

#3 Neptunechild

Neptunechild

Cactus Wizard

• OG VIP
  • 673 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:41 AM

Namaste

Like I said..I was by a doctor and they recommend me Antibiotics. And they always recommend Antibiotics and I'm sick of it...
I will however take it if the fever is not gone until tommorow midday...

I know that you guys and girls are not allowed to give me medicinal advice, that's why I'm asking for alternatives that may helped you with a fever...

• Spooner likes this

#4 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,315 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:14 AM

I had a fever like the one you describe once. 

I tried "toughing it out" but the fever wouldn't go away. After a week, I went to the doc and took some anti-biotics. I felt better within 12 hours. 

Turns out I had a streptococcus infection. My GF at the time worked for a day-care. The place had become seriously contaminated and she brought the infection home 3 consecutive times before we (me, girlfriend - and doctors) finally figured it out. 

I went on anti-biotics for the 3rd time in 4 months and the day care facility was cleaned from top to bottom. End of problem after that. 

Just sayin'

Sometimes the pharmaceutical approach can be a good thing. 

• Juthro and Neptunechild like this

#5 Neptunechild

Neptunechild

Cactus Wizard

• OG VIP
  • 673 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:31 AM

Namaste

Yeah you are right with the last sentence that's why I'm considering...

I must admit since I started the thread my temp' fell down to 37.1°C...But this happend yesterday as well and was only temporary for 2-3 hours. I've passed the 3 hour mark and I still feel ok...

But unlike yesterday, I really feel how my body is working against the virus...I've been sweating for nearly 3 hours without a break...
I'm drninking lot's of water and the thing that started me to sweat was a ginger-thyme tea...
I've ate more ginger the past 3 days than I usually eat in a year (and I'm a freak for asian [FRESH] food)...
Without exaggerating, I've ate fresh ginger and tumeric at the mass of a tennisball in 2 days...

I will consider taking antibiotics, but if my tempreature stays stable for today and after I wake up tomorrow,
I will listen to what my doctor has to say...I have an apointment tomorrow anyway.

There are some plants that changed my life in a good way, like Ephedra...It nearly cured my asthma to 100%.
It's not easy to tell if this succsses is only coming from the ginger and tumeric or not, because I've took Ibuprofen today and yesterday aswell...

I'm just very happy that it's possible for me right now, to maybe skip the antibiotics :)...

Thank your for your story

Peace

• Myc likes this

#6 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,733 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:25 PM

Edited by Juthro, 01 June 2017 - 12:34 PM.

#7 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,733 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:26 PM

I don't like to second guess a doctors advice, specially since I cant even see you. But I will share some of my thoughts.

I personally think antibiotics are prescribed much more often then they are useful, and their overuse/misuse is causing dangerous strains of pathogens that are immune to them.

If your suffering from a virus, then they are useless. If that's the case about the best you can do is treat the symptoms and ride it out.

Again, I must suggest following a doctors advice, but make sure you find a doctor whos advice you trust.
  • Spooner and Neptunechild like this

#8 Neptunechild

Neptunechild

Cactus Wizard

• OG VIP
  • 673 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:38 PM

Namaste

Same thoughts here Juthro.

The last batch of ginger tea worked wonders...It has been 7 hours now since my temps are absolutely stable, at 36.5°C...and I gained appetite again.
So no matter what she says tomorrow, I will def. skip the antibiotics... Thanks to everyone for the interest and sharing of experiences.

Peace

Edited by Neptunechild, 01 June 2017 - 12:39 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#9 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,733 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:13 PM

Hope you feel better soon my friend.

Peace, (and wellness) :)

AND NOW FOR A LITTLE TOUNGE, AND CHEEK.....

[Direct Link]

• Neptunechild likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!