Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Getting into the mysteries: What have you asked the mushroom? And what did it say?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 bennylava

bennylava

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 06:31 AM

What have you asked the mushroom? And what did it say? As many others have noticed, the mushrooms will "talk". To my alarm, I found that it could even talk out of MY mouth. When I insisted that it tell me the truth about who it was, it said that it was me. And that asking that, was a pointless question because I already knew the answer. I'm still trying to figure that part out. Whether its actually me, or perhaps some other entity. Or even a combination of both. The "big" me, sitting there with some others talking down through the veil to this "little" me that is the person typing this message. ... Unknown.

Either way, the point of this thread is... what have you asked it? And what answers have you been given? You may find the questions I want to ask it next time to be odd, but I'm going to ask them. Eventually.

1. What is the best way to learn to have an O.B.E? I've heard that some people can even do it on a whim. They're so good at it now, that they can do it almost anywhere. They just go into some sort of relaxed state, and appear to observers to be asleep. But they're actually out and about, and are in a position to go anywhere, instantly. This is something I would love to learn how to do. To gain mastery of it.

2. I feel silly saying this, but I'd like to know what sasquatch actually is, and how exactly it so expertly evades people who track it. Its actually been seen to disappear in front of witnesses' eyes. At other times, even bloodhounds couldn't find it after a mile or two of being on its trail. And if that particular "creature" doesn't actually exist, then what is it that people are seeing that seems to defy explanation? Regardless of what form it is seen in, at a given time.

3. What aliens are. The ones that are said to be seen in our neck of the woods, anyway. And what the first and/or most advanced civilization that ever lived on this earth looked like. You know, just delve into the mysteries. After all, if we are to have access to this... teacher, then why wouldn't we ask such things? Among many other things of course, but why leave out the mysteries of our time?

So what have you asked it? Have you ever asked anything that might be something of a mystery in our time? And what did it say?

Edited by bennylava, 10 June 2017 - 06:34 AM.

• SteampunkScientist and shrooms2017 like this

#2 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,420 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:58 AM

I think I have learned to embrace mystery, rather than solve it.   Questions held continue to serve us, while those we might take answers for we let fall to the side.   Not knowing holds tremendous power, but a power which while eminently available, will not be possessed.   To have something, I must be something, some thing.   Am I a thing?  I perceive things.  That which I perceive, I cannot be.   Is that which perceives, a thing?  

What is this?   Who and what am I? 

Eating mushrooms or not, these are good questions.  

How will an answer be formed, when the Tao that can be told is not the Eternal Tao?  

The discovery of truth is in the discernment of the false.
You can know what is not.

What is -- you can only be.
~Nisargadatta Maharaj

Edited by Alder Logs, 10 June 2017 - 12:00 PM.

• Myc, Arathu, SteampunkScientist and 1 other like this

#3 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 298 posts

Donator

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:20 AM

Im to scared to go big dose wise
Reason being i dint like alot about myself
I already know the truth

Saying all that pylicybin is truly my medicinal god

#4 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,845 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:12 AM

Many questions, just as many answers, which are true and which are not? How would I know that? 

I learned that I was asking such questions from the standpoint of assuming that I knew something concrete in the first place.....Ego arrogance perhaps.....so today I question all of that itself......

Everything I supposedly know comes from some consensus agreements amongst other sentience.......and we could all very well be completely full of shit and agreeing with each other that we are not.........

Which is what I suspect.........personally I find it way more valuable to me to seek without chemical enhancements at all.....that's where I am now........

A trip on mushrooms or other power plants/substances is a catalyst, a spiritual tool, I used to crack the hardened shell of belief(s)......and from there basically discovered that I was completely full of shit.......(still am hahahahaha)    

It is my experience that there will not be enough breaths in a single lifetime to discover all of the states of consciousness available to me using breath control alone.......I find this quite encouraging.......

Even more encouraging is that no matter what, that "I am" aweness, doesn't go away............and anything I can point to or identify IS NOT ME, it's not the awareness................real me is pure consciousness, maybe that's what God is, and it is in my views the ultimate of mystery........

Good questions...........

• Myc, bozefonce, Alder Logs and 2 others like this

#5 panaho

panaho

One Grow Under My Belt!

• Free Member
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:38 PM

Firstly good thing to be concerned about . And Secondly they do have some thing in common each and every one of those that you mentioned. Thirdly this will take a hell full of time in order to gain even a small toehold on it all. So much so that it will be best to break it all up to one at a time as in first things first.

It reminds me of the time I came to the realization that I had learned how to see over the course of years and years of using mushrooms and what that all entailed , including but not limited to some of the things I had read of the Don Juan stuff. Totally blew me away when I had some encounters not only with things that could not be real but were sure as Satan were.   Coming to grips with what I had learned

• Justintime likes this

#6 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• Free Member
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:06 PM

On my first woodlands mushroom darkroom trip. I asked if I could meet Krishna. Not that I'm a Hare Krishna or anything. The idea just occurred to me out of the "Blue". I immediately was shown sacred artifacts slowly revolving. A wheel among other things. A male voice began speaking to me in Hindi? Sanskrit? I had the telepathic premonition that I was being encouraged to learn this mantra he spoke. So I tried to copy him but kept getting it wrong. He would pause and begin again but every time I got it wrong. I decided I was going through a bit much to be learning mantras at the moment and gave up. I'm sure I'll meet that one again. Soon hopefully.

Yes. I asked "What is this?" No answer. That was when I found myself being approached by the wall of flesh. Yecchy! Its about a mile high and goes off into infinity in both directions East and West. It's made of a brane the color of human skin with every space taken up by different body parts. Eye here, a nose protruding there, war medals (strangest thing) tits, hands, bunches of dicks, most grotesque thing you've ever seen. It's damn loud too. Deafening noise made of talking voices. All discussing you. Never talking to me tho. It lurches forward then retreats. It sways and bulges. All in some dark desolate plane. Kind of a desert at night feeling. That was cubensis. Quite large dose.

I asks an orb the size of a basketball that glowed bright whit blue light what it was doing to my head . No answer. It visited me during dark room experience. It jumped into and out of my chest then onto my head. Mind filled with intense white light. It seemed to spin at high velocity. Very fast. It seemed like it was downloading every memory I ever had. Painfully intense. But worth it. I had the feeling it did some kind of spirit surgery for my wellbeing perhaps. I smoke a lot too so it may have healed my lungs too. I tried to start a conversation with it when it popped out of my head but it was very aloof. It just took oof like a rocket back through the wall of my bedroom from where it came.

I watched an elf circus thing. Actually they were more like parrot clowns. All jokes were telepathic puns that made me laugh non stop for ages. They called out over my head as they flew away " Stop smoking".
One of the last jokes was this parrot standing in a burnt cinder circle. Like a huge bomb had gone off. Just said "Tee Hee all gone". Personally I got that the whole circus was a pisstake on humanity and the last joke was nuclear war. Had to be there thing but that's what it conveyed to me. Hilarious. Nearly pissed myself laughing at the whole thing.

Edited by Justintime, 14 June 2017 - 11:20 PM.

• SteampunkScientist and shrooms2017 like this

#7 bennylava

bennylava

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:54 AM

So strange... what to make of these experiences? If they can't somehow be figured out, how are they of any use? Unless we just accept the fact that their use, is that they are doing something helpful that we are not aware of. But The primary reason I use mushrooms is for learning. They are called "golden teachers" after all. So they are here to teach. I am here to learn. But I do need to be able to make something out of their messages. And while I have received some concrete answers, others remain out of my grasp. Need to find some way to grasp everything they're trying to teach. Unless that's not actually possible, and you only ever grasp some of it.

• Justintime and shrooms2017 like this

#8 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,420 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:24 AM

What appears in time is changeable.   So, if we grasp something now, what of later?  Even our ability to hold an idea, intellectually; hasn't that been a changing quality?  Will it not continue to evolve/devolve?  

"Concrete answers?"   Even concrete rots in time.   What is experienced is in time.   Concrete is good for the moment, only.   Something in us sees it all come and go, was here before the answers were even desired, will be when their transient nature has long been understood.   Life doesn't get nailed down.   What wants it nailed down will have its day and be gone as well.  

Everything here will have its time and something that is not a thing will continue.   Whatever we call it, "Oneness, Tao, Supreme Being..," it matters little.   When we want it set in concrete, arrested by an idea or notion, we create a transformed version of It; an It that really is no longer It.  

If you don't believe me, ask the mushroom.   :-)

Edited by Alder Logs, 15 June 2017 - 09:24 AM.

• Arathu, SteampunkScientist and shrooms2017 like this

#9 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,845 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:35 AM

What appears in time is changeable.   So, if we grasp something now, what of later?  Even our ability to hold an idea, intellectually; hasn't that been a changing quality?  Will it not continue to evolve/devolve?  

"Concrete answers?"   Even concrete rots in time.   What is experienced is in time.   Concrete is good for the moment, only.   Something in us sees it all come and go, was here before the answers were even desired, will be when their transient nature has long been understood.   Life doesn't get nailed down.   What wants it nailed down will have its day and be gone as well.  

Everything here will have its time and something that is not a thing will continue.   Whatever we call it, "Oneness, Tao, Supreme Being..," it matters little.   When we want it set in concrete, arrested by an idea or notion, we create a transformed version of It; an It that really is no longer It.  

Indeed.............awesome!

I'm certain they are amused by my certainty.................and uncertainty..........curious bubbles of noise........

A

• Alder Logs likes this

#10 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,420 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:04 PM

........curious bubbles of noise........

........happening within a greater silence.

• Arathu likes this

#11 bennylava

bennylava

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 129 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:41 AM

I see what you mean there. But, for me it would be enough. To receive an answer that said something like "Well in your time period, its this way. Of course later that will change, but the question you are asking is for now, answerable in this particular fashion." That would be enough for me. A concrete answer that will change given enough time, is still a concrete answer. Concrete will turn to dust eventually, but during its time, it was still concrete. That would be all I'm asking for. To know what was concrete, during my time, that I was not aware of.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#12 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,620 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:52 AM

Better yet, to learn to walk through time as easily as we walk through a door.  Of course we do "walk through" time anyway, but I would like to learn to change direction from time to time... (Ha!)

#13 bennylava

bennylava

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:37 AM

Better yet, to learn to walk through time as easily as we walk through a door.  Of course we do "walk through" time anyway, but I would like to learn to change direction from time to time... (Ha!)

That's something I'd also love to learn. To be able to actually use the "magic" of the magic mushroom. Its probably just the innate ability of your own soul, but still. Supposedly the ancient shamans could do such things. If you read deeply into the myths and legends.

#14 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,845 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:10 AM

That's something I'd also love to learn. To be able to actually use the "magic" of the magic mushroom. Its probably just the innate ability of your own soul, but still. Supposedly the ancient shamans could do such things. If you read deeply into the myths and legends.

That's not going to be a cakewalk, the path there has nothing to do with comfort at all, and Ideas of self gain are dangerous at best.........

IME It is a fundamental function of a conscious universe and we are, relatively speaking, minuscule bugs in comparison...........

Those ancient technologies (human understanding of them as humans cannot eradicate it) were eradicated from our ancestors or buried by the onslaught of monotheism for very good reasons.......

We live in the resultant paradigm and "world view" now..........how "good" was that? :ohmy:

If you choose (or worse are called) to follow that path you may very well find out what I'm talking about.........

Many seek, few find, and even fewer enjoy it............IMHO it is better to work on ourselves deeply, honestly, and completely, BEFORE engaging the arts.......

It's there and it's recorded in the "myths" and "legends" also for a reason...........

It is my sincere advice not to take it lightly (not saying you or anyone else are)................. :cool:

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#15 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,420 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:12 AM

If we really engage in an honest self inquiry, what will we find we actually know?   And then, what will we see we can know?   What did Socrates know?

The nature of information is it is incomplete.   What is it they say about a little bit of knowledge? 

• Arathu likes this

#16 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,845 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:21 AM

We will know what we believe we know............which may or may not reflect a reality that may or may not be real..........

The entire thing is paradoxical at absolute best.....words WILL fall short as will attempts to describe

The best that I can hope to do is align myself with the stream of perceptive "reality" that I grasp in a manner that appears to have harmonious results.......for me and my environment

The greatest acts of magic that I have done have helped me to make changes to myself that agreed with my will......alignment of Mind-Body-Spirit

The universe seems to make the resources available to me after I do that......(if it agrees with me, again words are going fall to short)

Any attempts to have the tools do the work while the magician sits on his/her ass and smokes weed WILL result in some flavor of the Magicians Apprentice.................

What will I know? I love fresh vegetables (I have not run into troubles that I am aware of as a result of this belief).............which is pretty much meaningless to anyone else but me and the white butterfly..............

And Mother Earth.......she seems to like it too.......... :biggrin:

I don't know shit and I know it..............round and round in circles we go...........it stops (having meaning to me) for a while if I meditate...............it's recorded in myths and legends and silly cartoons........

film3_3.jpg

Hail the great Paradox! 

A

Edited by Arathu, 17 June 2017 - 11:26 AM.

• Myc and Alder Logs like this

#17 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,420 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:02 PM

I often think of Mickey on that particular day.

post-113856-0-39048100-1497716261.jpg

But, he wanted to wear that hat. 

https://en.wikipedia..._I_know_nothing

• Arathu and Guy1298 like this

#18 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,845 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:32 PM

But, he wanted to wear that hat.

Exactly.....the universe is a vast and complex "thing" so far beyond our feeble arrogance. IMHO we would do well to carefully choose our hats......

The Earth Herself is far beyond us and holds mystery in volume outside of the scope of our limited time frames.........

I'm probably not going to go wrong with my gardens........

But tweaking time.........good luck with that kind sirs............please remember Mickey........  :biggrin: 

I've been working in the "Arts" for over 30 years myself............I've settled on natural magic, it is what my soul aligns to.........

I wish you well..........

A

• bozefonce likes this

#19 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,620 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:09 PM

Magic is when you can pull a rabbit out of a hat. "Magick" is when the rabbit pulls you out of the hat. In either case, keep a jaundiced eye on that damn hat!

I'm afraid it's too late for me Arathu, the path calls...

Perhaps I'll discuss about my personal experience with something weird I've been doing since I was about 13. I've come to find it's called "quantum jumping". Didn't know it even had a name until recently.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 17 June 2017 - 07:12 PM.

• Heirloom likes this

#20 bennylava

bennylava

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:21 AM

Perhaps I'll discuss about my personal experience with something weird I've been doing since I was about 13. I've come to find it's called "quantum jumping". Didn't know it even had a name until recently.

Some people can do these things naturally. Which of course, as these members are saying, is probably a lot safer than trying to develop the ability with help from psychedellics.

I have studied up on these people a bit. What they do is at least somewhat akin to having an obe. Take for example, remote viewing. Something almost all of us can do if we're trained in it, and there are places that do offer training. But I think that gaining a mastery over the skill of the "OBE" is probably the doorway to much of the rest. By all accounts, once you're 'out of body' you can go nearly anywhere you want. I don't think time really matters anymore when you're out of body. At least not to your consciousness anyway. Obviously your body is still sitting there doing what it does.

I don't want anyone to think that I'd ever rush into any of this. Or that I'd ever be arrogant. Just saying that I'd be willing to learn it.

• Arathu likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!