Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Getting into the mysteries: What have you asked the mushroom? And what did it say?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:24 AM

I'm not saying that anyone is doing things like that either benny......just making more of a general statement of caution...........and that humanity as whole has a definite tone of arrogance and indifference about it.....

Something else to consider.............each of us are likely possessing (in the classically defined/agreed upon sense) these bodies which could be viewed as miraculous in it self.........

The spirit world, whatever that may be, might just be jealous of US............

If that is true then I ask what the hell is most of humanity doing with such a miracle? Are we proud of our cages and remote control bombs, not to mention a chemical onslaught of our living terrarium?

In a potential, and for all practical purposes, living conscious paradise no less..................

The boundaries of the 3D world, let alone space, are pretty much untouched. We have barely begun to understand where we are and why IMHO.......( many people consider that thinking folly in itself)

The oceans hold mysteries beyond our grasp and the subterranean world is basically inaccessible at present........... 

The new Victoria awaits some young Magellan driven by the desire to know......she could be OBE, magic(k), electronic engineering, ancient spirituality, and etc. etc. and then again might just be a good pair of boots.......

I believe that most folks would do well to attempt and work on harmonious alignment of the Body-Mind-Spirit complex first.....before we go off seeking godhood.

As a responsible father......there is a damned good reason I don't give power tools to a toddler........... (metaphor) 

Regardless............be safe and my best wishes for one and all........

A

• Alder Logs and SteampunkScientist like this

#22 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,471 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:23 AM

When you're 13 years old and the next day your supposed to be going to an amusement park with your best buds... But the weather report on the TV says "100% chance of rain"...

So you take a walk in the woods out back on your parents farm, look up into the sky and shout "It will not rain tomorrow!" And then, something unexplainably weird happens...

Then the next day it's a beautiful day. And nobody has any idea what you're talking about when you say "I guess the weather reports were wrong!"....

If that only happened to you once, you might write it off as a "wtf" moment. But... When you've done it multiple times...

Well... You tell me.
  • Heirloom likes this

#23 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,143 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:25 AM

The illusion of the doer, eh?  

• Spooner likes this

#24 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 452 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:38 PM

In other news I feel like the mushrooms guide me in how to grow them, including the direction I'll be taking in the future. I don't really mean that to sound I've received a "tek" from beyond. More of a gentle guiding, like "look at this" or "you need to research this" along with the occasional " that's nonsense, move on from that".
  • Arathu, Spooner and SteampunkScientist like this

#25 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 416 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:35 PM

The mushrooms don't talk to me directly. But I often talk to the mushrooms. 

I think they answer my questions, often in pretty harsh ways. Good teachers. 

I think if I asked a question about sasquatch, I'd be in for it. Haha. I think their answer would be like... "Why are you asking about that?"... "Here you're a terrible human being, start asking me about that, or get the hell out of here."

Edited by Guy1298, 18 June 2017 - 04:39 PM.

#26 bennylava

bennylava

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:00 AM

They talk to me for sure. I can hear them, and they'll even take over my mouth and start talking. Its pretty freaky to me. They'll often stop talking mid sentence when I begin to get too weirded out by it. But by that point, I've already gotten the gist of what that sentence was going to be about. During my life altering, heavy trip, they even resisted my ability to cut them off mid-sentence. Its like the words fought against me to get out. I was hating the words, and hating the message, as the message was causing me a great deal of emotional pain. So for example, it went like this. I asked "Why am I suffering like this?" And they used my mouth to say

"You are experiencing the pain that comes with the realization that all of the suffering in your life, was....

(this is point in that particular sentence where I began fighting back and trying and cut them off and get them to shut up. But they fought through and my mouth said it aloud anyway)

...."PROBABLY..... CAUSED.... BY.... YOURSELF!!!"

That one I couldn't shut off. But when its just doing normal teaching, it will stop when I start to get scared. What comes to mind with all that, is channeling. I'm sure you guys have heard of channelers, although this would be very different in its own way. Channelers supposedly "channel" messages into this reality, from another one. Of course like all the rest its plagued by quacks and hacks, but after my experiences with mushrooms, I was forced to give channeling a second look. Even if only for the similarities that I noted.

Edited by bennylava, 19 June 2017 - 09:14 AM.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#27 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,143 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:42 AM

When a concept such as, "yourself," arises, could you inquire: yourself: as what?   Can you see what I'm getting at here?   After all the definitions we might give in answer have been paraded by, isn't there a depth still beyond, even beyond an idea of suffering?   The "I" who can't shut off, who is the seer of this?  

• Arathu and SteampunkScientist like this

#28 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 452 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:24 AM

I feel there are layers of self. And the number of layers vary from individual to individual. The true self can be buried deep and unreachable.

#29 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:59 AM

The only thing stopping me from reaching there is a bunch of noise....the worst of which asks what good is pure consciousness.......it does nothing but BE..........

Perhaps that is state "GOD" was in when the universe was created/born............it thought to itself...........Lets DO SOMETHING......BOOM, creation.......IDK I'm just a silly idiot with mushrooms that talk to me.....

Actually mine sing sweet songs and parables in a penetrating female voice that makes the fractal geometry oscillate all the way through me............

It also explained to me that I didn't need the mushrooms to hear her, now that I know her..........

Ogre's are like onions, and so too the movies I call reality........there are indeed many layers......

Behind all that is a mysterious presence...........fleeting yet not......

A

Edited by Arathu, 19 June 2017 - 10:59 AM.

#30 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,471 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:25 PM

Arathu, that has usually been the one point of contention between Alder and me.  So what if this self is a construct of the "All Mind" or what not... It's the me I got right now, and I like it.  I like the idea of recreating it and exploring with it.  I like the idea of (even if the "I" is a projection, and the "idea" is a simulation).  There is a character in the Matrix movies who is a bad guy, but he said he would rather live in the matrix and taste steak, then in the "real" world and eat gruel.

Well, that is a rather kindergarten way of saying what I am saying.  Ok, there is a BEing who is "it".  It knows all, sees all, is all. but in BEing that, it is static.  Boring!

I rather like the idea that my consciousness arose somehow from the matrix of being, and is malleable by itself, and has the power to recreate and build itself if it wants (and learns to).  Just not that interested in being Everything, anymore that being nothing.

I prefer "something" thank you very much!

#31 bennylava

bennylava

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:15 AM

When a concept such as, "yourself," arises, could you inquire: yourself: as what?   Can you see what I'm getting at here?   After all the definitions we might give in answer have been paraded by, isn't there a depth still beyond, even beyond an idea of suffering?   The "I" who can't shut off, who is the seer of this?  

When I inquired along those lines, it told me that it was me. This is something I still struggle with. It told me that it was me that was doing this talking, this communicating. And when I began to argue, it said "You do realize you are only arguing with yourself". I am not sure what to make of this. I have 3 theories so far:

1. It is actually just me, the "bigger" me or the "real" me. And I must be some kind of divine being that sees all and knows all. Which leads me to believe that every person is this way. We are all basically "gods" in a sense. So that when every person takes mushrooms, they are only getting into contact with their real selves, and to someone who is in a human incarnation, that real self seems like an extremely powerful, all knowing, all seeing "god" of sorts. A divine being. But its just who and what they really are. Hard for us mechanical, nuts and bolts human experiencers to wrap our minds around. But it may very well be the truth.

2. It was actually me, a divine being, BUT also others were there as well. And some of those spirits chimed in and talked as well. This may be the source of my confusion, as I was trying to determine who or what I was actually talking to. Even though it did insist that it was simply me.

3. I'm being fooled. There is some other, odd extremely knowlegeable and powerful being out there, but it is NOT me. But then, would it have been lying to me? I kind of doubt that. But one never really knows. This makes me think that it was a combination of beings working with me and talking to me. My higher self, (who is apparently some kind of titan by human standards) and other beings who were also there and had things to say to me. Its all quite unclear at this point.

Actually mine sing sweet songs and parables in a penetrating female voice that makes the fractal geometry oscillate all the way through me............

Thus far mine seems... well almost genderless. Or perhaps there are multiple "spirits" there, and that's why I can't determine a gender. I get the sense of a buddha like entity. That sees all. Nothing escapes its sight.

• Alder Logs likes this

#32 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,143 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:49 AM

I cannot over stress holding the questions open.  Could "me" be an idea that itself has ideas?   Instead of just formulating an answer, one can watch the idea of one's identification.   We can seemingly be a lonely, isolated, single point of perception, a god, or even the Buddha nature seeing the oneness of everything.   The higher the seeing, the more difficult it becomes to render any state into terms for rational explanation or communicating.   

Is It lying?  Well, isn't all language a lie, when its symbols are taken as more than a crude representation?   Could it be we are called to simply inhabit this moment of living, leaving aside that in us which demands explanation?    I like what Alan Watts said, that we continue to "eff the ineffable."    I think the mushrooms do their part in taking us past the verbalized and rational descriptions of our momentary living and let us see the amazing infinite potential in every present moment, getting us (as the conditioned idea of self) past all that mental noise that could never grip the Now on its best day.  

The mushrooms alleviate the conditioned reliance on the mental state as arbiter of all that is for a time, but the arbiter returns and demands the experiences be put back into its terms for understanding.  The mental state requires ideas of past and future to tell us about the all that is, and that is the lie about now!   The mental state cannot open widely enough for the truth of what is.   There are no terms of understating in the thinking mind adequate for this instant of living.  

Does the bigger me not lose its believed in limitations of dimension to be so?   Can inquiry into "self" show many levels of being, from I am this kind of person, who does this and that, to total presence in the Oneness of being?    Open inquiry is just the entertaining of possibilities and building discernment as to the truth of and about our conditioned belief structures.   It is a humbling of the personal ego to be sure.   But, what has that guy ever done for us when our desire is to know what really is?   I don't think the mushrooms have ever been on that guy's side.  

• Arathu and SteampunkScientist like this

#33 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,471 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:37 PM

But still no explanation of why "that guy" exists (if you will) in the first place.

Could it be that if we were to finally be able to rid ourselves of "that guy" we would forget to eat? Forget to breath?

Ultimately the "big I", if you will, must have some point in creating all these little egos we think of as our "normal everyday selves". I wonder what that is?

I suspect it might have something to do with Love.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 20 June 2017 - 01:40 PM.

#34 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,143 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:19 PM

But still no explanation of why "that guy" exists (if you will) in the first place.

Well, does that guy exist in the first place?  Is he there, or taught and learned as our conditioning? 

Could it be that if we were to finally be able to rid ourselves of "that guy" we would forget to eat? Forget to breath?

I kind of doubt it.  When the doctor slaps a baby's butt, does the baby think, "why, you SOB, I'm going to start breathing now, and bring  my mom here, I'm hungry?"  Are we preconditioned in the womb for personal involvement with the details of living, the digestion of food and the beating of our hearts?  Do we have to be some idea of ourselves to switch on awareness?

Ultimately the "big I", if you will, must have some point in creating all these little egos we think of as our "normal everyday selves". I wonder what that is?

The big I needn't be personalized, created in our own image, or do anything to have us create our ideas of normal.   We take on that job voluntarily.   We say what's normal and/or abnormal.   That's if it matters to us.   We will build a story around anything that takes our attention.   This is something to watch, to see if it has any substance outside our personal interests.   Hypothetical situations don't prove what's here and now.  They prove we have left here and now to bolster our stories about it.   The big I is not Its story, not any story.  It's not even a big I.  

I suspect it might have something to do with Love.

Or everything.   BTW, what is Love?  

Time to start the Church of Jello Nailed to a Tree.   We only need to believe it is so.    I bet Keano Reeves could nail Jello to a tree.

• Arathu likes this

#35 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:34 PM

All hail the Jello..................(please don't nail things to tree's) Tree's are cooler than most people.....they tend to make fresh air, people not so much..........

Babbling out loud as usual..............

Ego guy wants to hold the spotlight, wants to be the most important, and question the importance of anything that's not him............except ego guy, the construct, dies with the body, just as it floats downstream in meditation or on strong mushroom trip...........and sometimes he rebels upon the return demanding to know the importance of what happened.......what good was that...........(To whom? Who is asking for that to be important?)

As the watcher can observe him and a thousand more streams of personalities and feelings and pictures come into and out of focus but not attach to any of them...........Now that is what I think will make it out past the dying...........perhaps some believe the left path while others believe the right path and maybe the watcher sees ALL of them...............fuck I don't know............I'm betting if my consciousness is existing past this body and it's artificial constructs then I should practice NOT being those and just being..............

Do I have a clue what that is..........NOPE.................  

• Alder Logs and SteampunkScientist like this

#36 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• Free Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 01:48 AM

You know. I think the mushroom communicates in many ways. Half of it we just don't understand.It seems for me at least that the communication is music. I hear music. Vast perfectly times beats. Very techno sounding. I don't listen to techno but there it is. It starts with one beat building upon another until it fills every gap of silence almost. Culminating in a creshendo that is almost deafening. Then all of a sudden silence and a long pause as if the mushroom is gauging my reaction to it all. I get the feeling it's saying "How did you like that!?" Then it will begin again just as before.
I also always see on cubes, these bunches of fingers that have light behind them and they flutter and move like leaves in the wind. I can always just make out a face moving behind them. The face is so avertive. Its actually just an eye.I want to see behind these fingers but cannot. It becomes frustrating. All the while there seems to be more than one voice making a noise like "Aaaahhhhhh". Like someone practicing voice pitch.

On cubes. When I look past everything. I hit the ceiling basically. There's this green grid . Like domed monkey bars. Off of that there hangs these beady eyed things peering down at me like cheeky monkeys. They grin and watch. Very strange beings. They look like a bunch of dicks with two big beady eyes. After seeing those for the third time I got annoyed. I told them "I'm going to kill you" They went stupid shaking and scrambling like hunted spiders doing a death dance.
I've read of those described as ghoulish entity that hang from the information matrix. It is said that they block it and corrupt the flow of information coming from the higher planes.
The mushroom has allowed me to hear spirits that were attached to me that made it possible for me to call on angels to take them away. At least the bad ones. I could hear chatting voices of two women and a man. Talking about me. Probably waiting for me to talk with them. But in the background there were two enraged men ranting and shouting in anger. I asked aloud for Arch Angel Michael to remove them and they were gone in a second.The others carried on chatting cheerfully.
So the mushroom shows me what needs addressing. It doesn't need to talk. It shows you where to look. That is the best teacher.

#37 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,471 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 June 2017 - 01:07 PM

Alder, I guess what I am trying to get at here is "Why is there Ego in the first place?"

And the answer cannot be "because that is how we were taught and conditioned, not ultimately it cannot, because there had to be a first ego in order for it to teach and condition those that followed" - that presupposes a sort of imeptus from the "All mind" - or whatever you prefer to call the ultimate Self or consciousness

Also, I don't agree that this ego simply "vanishes" after death, because nothing vanishes.  Every ego that ever existed, still exists in some form. Every event that ever occurred from the smallest particle interaction to the largest longest cosmic events.  This existence is marked down in what we refer to as the "Akashic Records", and of course every event is linked in a chain so we could say there is only 1 event.

#38 bennylava

bennylava

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

This "I" has a reason to exist. Or it simply would not. I think that its part of you. And mine is part of me. Well that would seem obvious, but some people seem to want to dismiss it. Some even seem to want to be rid of it. But I don't think that would be good. Its here for a reason. And when kept in check, its actually a good thing. Its when it gets too big for its britches, that the problems arise. But put down into its place, and kept in that place, its a wonderful thing that should be there. This ego. I'm starting to think that experiencing human life, makes it sort of grow. Gives it the opportunity to get out of bounds, to get out of where it should stay. So it must be kept in check, it must be told at many times during human life, to sit down and shut up. So imagine yourself in the world beyond the grave, as it says to do in the corpus hermeticum. The NDE experiencers say that they're still very much "themselves" even if they are having many unearthly experiences there. So if we look to the evidence that we actually have, it would seem that you're still very much "you" after death. That's important to note.

I also always see on cubes, these bunches of fingers that have light behind them and they flutter and move like leaves in the wind. I can always just make out a face moving behind them. The face is so avertive. Its actually just an eye.I want to see behind these fingers but cannot. It becomes frustrating. All the while there seems to be more than one voice making a noise like "Aaaahhhhhh". Like someone practicing voice pitch.

On cubes. When I look past everything. I hit the ceiling basically. There's this green grid . Like domed monkey bars. Off of that there hangs these beady eyed things peering down at me like cheeky monkeys. They grin and watch. Very strange beings. They look like a bunch of dicks with two big beady eyes. After seeing those for the third time I got annoyed. I told them "I'm going to kill you" They went stupid shaking and scrambling like hunted spiders doing a death dance.

Ha, I can somewhat relate to that experience. One the one hand, any time I'm tripping and start to think that for some reason, I want to make a threat, I always think its a bad idea. Then again, there have been times when I did feel the need to. And it seems to me, that whatever I threaten, goes skittering away rapidly. This is just a feeling I get. Odd. Opening up the mind (by using mushrooms for instance) does seem to have this strange effect of attracting certain... what? Entities? Spirits? Not all of which are welcome. However, we can still only make guesses as to their nature. They may not be outside entities at all, they may just be some strange aspect of yourself. And that explains why they run for cover, when threatened. If they're part of you, then they're going to do whatever the hell you say. If you truly feel that in that moment, of course. If its half hearted, they may linger. But every time I've felt the need to tell something to piss off, its always obliged immediately. If it is some form of entity that isn't part of you, then... what? It must be afraid of something. Perhaps its afraid of you actually carrying out the threat.

I know of a man who did DPT (some variant of DMT i guess) and he said that it seems to have attracted a Gin or what westerners would call a genie. It messed with his life, would move things around his house, open all the cabinet doors and empty out the contents onto the floor, stuff like that. Just really messing with him. He ended up having to call upon the services of a "witch" who performed some sort of banishing ceremony that ended the ordeal. But I still wonder if it really was a gin, or just his own mind now set loose in some way that wasn't particularly welcome in his life.

Edited by bennylava, 21 June 2017 - 01:58 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!