Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Getting into the mysteries: What have you asked the mushroom? And what did it say?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#81 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,840 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:13 AM

Bottom Line...

If our conciousness is all there is, and is the one-ness of awareness, then hypothetically you and I are "one conciousness" or facets of this awareness then "Riddle Me This":

Why can't I remember your life? Why can't you remember mine? Why are we not able to just send our "thoughts" from one illusery self to another?

Why did I have to post this question to a forum rather than simply send it to each of you within the "framework" of awareness?

#82 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 10,636 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:09 PM

Bottom Line...

If our conciousness is all there is, and is the one-ness of awareness, then hypothetically you and I are "one conciousness" or facets of this awareness then "Riddle Me This":

Why can't I remember your life? Why can't you remember mine? Why are we not able to just send our "thoughts" from one illusery self to another?

Why did I have to post this question to a forum rather than simply send it to each of you within the "framework" of awareness?

While I (this particular expression of the is-ness) have backed off from our conversation, not wanting it simply to be argumentative, I will here attempt to communicate, knowing the words are not going to be precise.   Words need definition, and we wish to take them into the infinite, where they of necessity, lose their power.   Try to be open to what is behind them, being a transmission from my seeming isness to yours, the complete isness, only capable of being the same and only isness.   Going back to the words alone will be to lose any chance of finding what is being pointed to in presence.

There is no "our" consciousness, like there is no "my" consciousness.   There is only consciousness.   What appears as a you and an I are only consciousness, which come into a being as only thoughts arising in consciousness.  There is an I and there is an I.  One I can be in a limited form (not fully true), and one can be unlimited (what is).   When we experience consciousness in a  more unlimited form, it might be called, "ego death."   Of course something that is only a seemingly so, a looks-that-way-from-here, has no reality except as its illusory self, so even its death must be illusory.  

The finite mind which we have all been conditioned to identify with and as, along with our bodies, is to take on a virtual state of separation.   We believe with every shred of mind and memory that we are this separated and isolated form of being, though, we may have in our oldest memory, or at the peak of a transcendent experience, have memories of a more original being, free of conditioning.   When the experiential memories of that wider, greater being fade back into our habits of conditioned identity, that identified separate entity, made from nothing except mental reasoning, and our memories couched in such reasoning, the seen experience we might, in hindsight call, "Oneness," as memory alone, becomes an image from a believed in past, not the present experience.   IOW, false vs. true.

The believed in self identity asserts itself as the real being through its bona fides of memory and projection and we buy its built case, hook line and sinker.   That is only the natural thing for us, as our conditioned identity.    But somehow, within even these limitations, we might entertain a possibility that we are not what we think we are.   This opening takes real courage and extreme honesty, for it means the dissolution of everything we believe about who and what we are.   

So, how am I somehow qualified to spout such lofty shit?   I don't know, except for having witnessed the bullshit me being utterly outed in my own experience.   When this seeing arose, what seemingly should have been a crushing and painful destruction, instead was an immediate freeing to be.    And just like every psychedelic peak experience, it could have been handed back to personal self for its postmortem proclamations.   But the seeing for once was held completely impersonally, and by some grace I found (or was found by) true masters who could help me (this expression) avoid the pitfalls of being sucked back fully into identification. 

Anyone who knew my presence here in Mycotopia must have seen how that transformation affected my writings, just over three years ago.   My seeing was transformed.   I went up and didn't come completely back down.   Yes, there was plenty of personal identity still to be washed away, and that's pretty surely not a done deal as of yet.   I would far prefer to point to true masters, and there are plenty, though among we seven point five billion expressions of consciousness in human form, they are still few (but we are in a new, though perhaps temporary, paradigm of planetary connectivity and communications).  But, there is a natural reluctance of the personally identified to trust anything beyond their self imposed limitations of body/mind.   There is no blame in this.  

We don't get into the mysteries.  We are the Mystery.   We can only know it by way of not-knowing.   Knowing in the form of rationality starts from a position of separation, of and by ratios, by contrast and comparison.   It is truly a hard nut to crack.    There is only an invitation to this not-knowing.    If there is a true knowing, it is in the Heart, and I do not mean the pump.   It is a coming within that opens to a boundless infinity that has been called many things; all simply pointings at what is not a place or position.   It has been called, among many thing, "the pathless path," "the stateless state,"  for lack of a better word, I call it, "Tao."

Edited by Alder Logs, 16 December 2017 - 01:38 PM.

• SteampunkScientist and shrooms2017 like this

#83 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 755 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:00 PM

Bottom Line...

Buddha would probably say that its because of your physical incarnation you divide yourself from the 'One' that is creation.  It is this illusory ego that we cling to life after life.  If you manage to really let go and kill your ego then you would know these things.  So they say.  I think something is lacking from this idea though in that a lot of the people that tell you this also want money from you.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#84 bennylava

bennylava

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:20 PM

I'm still currently of the opinion that there is a duality to this. That we are indeed one, yet we are separate. We can experience oneness, but we are still individuals. We are both. We are one, and we are individuals as well. Seems like it has to be one or the other, but if I've learned anything from mushrooms its to banish your preconceptions. That likely most things you ever thought are wrong, or aren't the way you thought they were. So I'm still open to the possibility that in many ways, we are one. In other ways though, we are individuals. To me this would explain why people can experience ego death, and come back to reality and resume their old life. Albeit likely in a different fashion. But they are still them. You are still you. But if you separate from the ego for a while, you learn that we're all one. And you're also an individual. Because evidence seems to point to... we are eternal. We may go through many lifetimes and be many different things, but we never really cease to exist. Only explanation I can come up with is that we are both.

Maybe its like this. We're individuals, but we can join something and become one. When you join this "thing", we are all one. When you uncouple with it, you are back to being an individual. When you join it, you're like a drop that joins the ocean. Then when you leave it again, the drop leaves the ocean. But its still the same old drop it always was. That might explain with this is all so confusing and hard to figure out.

Lastly, existing in this "oneness" form, doesn't seem very useful. At least not as a permanent state of affairs. Think about it: What does it do, but sit there and be conscious. When you experience ego death, what are you really doing? You're just sitting there, realizing that you are conscious and aware. Where is the fun in that? If that is all I could do, I'd eventually want to stop doing that and get out of there and go do something. Anything. Just to be doing something different. Just to focus all this power of consciouness elsewhere. Maybe that is why you come out of it. You realize that well, I can't just sit here like this forever. What would be the point? Noting to be gained, or lost. Nothing new, nothing old. Just sameness, for eternity. Pretty boring.

Edited by bennylava, 16 December 2017 - 08:33 PM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#85 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 10,636 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:04 AM

Ben, it's about identity.   We certainly identify as an idea of who we are, but as we go along, that idea is constantly in flux.   When we experience being not of the duality, not in its time, there also is not any form.    The What Is is beyond time and form.   Even if we come to terms with the made up nature of our ideas of self, seeing we are necessarily more, meaning the all of it, we will then see we have this dualistic roll we play in this life.   If the seeing is clear that we are not our ideas, nothing outwardly changes.   We don't miss out on anything this life sends our way.    We see what is illusory and what is not.   The personal identity can claim its idea is all there is, but once it's copped to being only that changeable idea, it then becomes just a play.   All the truth can make you lose is what's false.  What's false bears only false fruits.   When the actor finishes his performance, he returns to his true self.   If he cannot let go of a belief he's that character, he's not going to fare well on his next gig.

Whether we know our true being or not, the play goes on.   What might bore the current version of our idea of self to death, in pure being might be experienced as complete bliss.   In just being, perhaps fewer demands will be made upon that which is.    For what it's worth, as I see it, you just travel lighter.   All that is lost is the bullshit.

Edited by Alder Logs, 17 December 2017 - 01:08 AM.

• shrooms2017 likes this

#86 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,840 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:12 PM

Alder said: "We don't get into the mysteries. We are the Mystery. "

Bingo!

It's not so much you have a world view, rather you are a world view.

That is, the ego...

My original mantra: Magick is not when you pull a rabbit out of a hat, but rather the rabbit pulls you out of a hat.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 17 December 2017 - 09:17 PM.

#87 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:17 PM

[Direct Link]

The teacher points the way. Many are content to suck his finger instead.
  • SteampunkScientist likes this

#88 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,840 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:54 PM

Or perhaps the True Self can be whatever it wants to be...
  • Justintime likes this

#89 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:03 PM

A porpoise is what's needed : /

Edited by Justintime, 20 December 2017 - 11:04 PM.

#90 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Myco Newb

• App Administrator
  • 3,932 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:18 PM

A porpoise is what's needed : /

post-105498-0-87077700-1513829817.jpeg
Absolutely!

Attached Thumbnails

• 409C0E38-638A-49B3-BAA6-6175E08F0970.jpeg

• Justintime likes this

#91 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:07 AM

Much Happiness Porpoise! It good for you!

#92 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:43 AM

[Direct Link]

Forgot his porpoise : /

#93 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 10,636 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:04 AM

You gotta be kiddin' me.  That guy is such a jerk!

• Justintime likes this

#94 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,840 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:40 AM

I heard his dog is a shit head.

#95 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:49 AM

Lol! Really? What's the story?

#96 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 10,636 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:03 PM

[Direct Link]

#97 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,840 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:14 PM

It knows itself as knowing,
And it knows It's damned boring,
So it created alter egos,
Like drops of rain a pouring...

It hides behind the I-Ball,
And tempts you with it's questions,
If you get to close to truth,
It simply switches dimensions...

Your just a drop of rain,
On the one hand,
Reflecting infinity,
On the other...

But every other drop of rain,
Isn't really... Other...

A sad state of affairs, so IT decided, divided, collided, coalesced, Yin and Yang.

An infinite intertwined, twisted infinite mix of the two, who are me and you.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!