16 replies to this topic

#1 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:28 PM

So it's almost assuredly a known thing that my/our European ancestors used mushrooms for various reasons............

I can feel it deep down inside that this species in particular was one that was used..............

These grow in my yard, as of late both spring and fall.....

I have been silly enough to interact with them on various levels including eating them.....

Here is a spring (actually just in time for Summer Solstice) Amanita Muscaria var. guessowii that I sat and meditated with earlier.....

small_GEDC1439.jpg

Then I made an offering of mead and I prayed and I cast rune lots.........

small_GEDC1429.jpg

I use a Nine Worlds casting cloth (Northern European Tradition) based for casting runes......

small_GEDC1432.jpg

After centering and grounding I enter an ASC via breathing pattern.......

Then I pray and I call, ask for guidance and interpretation skills ...then I make offerings of mead and drink with them......and then I cast lots on the cloth

My initial interpretation shows a very deep spiritual dive into the emotions and "lower" animal things.....this WILL NOT be easy (anything hiding will come out)

It is indicative of strong sub conscious interaction in which a connection with dark spirit (there will be contact and interaction possibly with the shadow self or chthonic beings, dwarves come to mind as does many other Earthy subterranean spirits) leads in an upward manner to valuable success.......(might even be financial but not necessarily) 

Through hard won growth by breaking and shedding the old and journeying into the new via a right path application of skills......ultimately leading to joy...... 

Help is indicated from the home/ancestral homeland........difficulty is indicated in the twilight's or potential differences...neither strongly.......

This shows, to me at least, that an interaction with these mushrooms would not be a cake walk but could prove very valuable......

I will meditate with them more and probably cast more lots........since I have other pretty intense things going on right now, possible change of work comes to mind, more needs to be done....

For the most part I don't actually eat these mush any more unless they specifically say that's where we need to go......that's a long story though

This is how the old mushroom wizard does some of his magic........in case anyone might be interested in the mushroom cult.......... 

Bright blessings to you and yours on the approaching Solstice........

It's a pagan's life for me..........

:hug:

A

• Skywatcher, Spooner, SteampunkScientist and 2 others like this

#2 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:54 PM

Where in Northern Europe is the 9 worlds thingy used?

My great grandfather (well, one of them) was from Silesia ... ended up in Dresden. I got some info from grandmother but not enough.

I have a feeling that they were thankful they were not in Silesia, or indeed Dresden, by the time Dad happened (1944)...

#3 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:18 AM

I should definitely have stated reconstructed Germanic pagan spirituality..........most of what I work with started through my own explorations in the Neo Pagan Asatru community.......

This particular method of doing a rune casting I learned through direct involvement in a private "Odian" group which I no longer associate with........

Fundamentally it was recorded by Tacitus in his Germania: (first century A.D. the Roman author Tacitus wrote his Germania 10)

"For divination and the casting of lots they have the highest regard. Their procedure in casting lots is always the same. They cut off a branch of a nut-bearing tree and slice it into strips; these they mark with different signs and throw them completely at random onto a white cloth. Then the priest of the state, if the consultation is a public one, or the father of the family if it is private, offers a prayer to the gods, and looking up at the sky picks up three strips, one at a time, and reads their meaning from the signs previously scored on them. If the lots forbid an enterprise, there is no deliberation that day on the matter in question; if they allow it, confirmation by the taking of auspices is required."

The nine worlds from the Norse/Icelandic............is added to what Tacitus recorded thus this is very likely a later (possibly even modern) creation...........it has proven deeply insightful and useful to me...

In my own experiences, which could be nothing more than my own delusional states, I have had a wide range of spiritual contact with the natural environment/worlds.......I literally asked for something to communicate with me....and Mother Earth did...... I also believe that some of the old gods have too.............

A   

• Skywatcher and SteampunkScientist like this

#4 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,428 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:33 AM

There's no God like an old God. Just beware oddly angled corners.
  • Spooner and SteampunkScientist like this

#5 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:07 AM

I might also add that I'm extremely interested in the "power" plants in addition to the fungi of Europe......

But also the traditions and techniques of spirituality that do not use the ingestion of any substances at all........when/if ever available...

The Christian church did a pretty good job of attempting to eradicate these technologies......we need to revive them if possible........IMHO

A

• Spooner and SteampunkScientist like this

#6 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,930 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:43 PM

There's no God like an old God. Just beware oddly angled corners.

A Lovecraftian reference I presume? ;-)

#7 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,428 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:13 PM

Yes indeed. They usually entertain me mostly, and hardly anyone gets them.
  • Arathu likes this

#8 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:29 PM

Yes indeed. They usually entertain me mostly, and hardly anyone gets them.

It's OK.......I throw plenty of things out like that and don't expect anyone to understand me.............hahahahahaha :biggrin:

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#9 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:50 PM

I remember seeing some Pagan dancing around a fire on tv and feeling drawn to it that was over 30 years ago
  • Arathu and SteampunkScientist like this

#10 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:55 PM

I've spent significant amounts of time, most of my teenage years as a matter of fact, outside around a fire and sleeping in tents. I'm more comfortable in the forests and mountains than anywhere on Earth and watching the fire light dance on the tree's and in the coals while tripping is my absolute favorite way to go. I see all kinds of visions this way..........  :meditate: 

• Heirloom and SteampunkScientist like this

#11 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:06 PM

I'm tripping now and before I seen this thread was thinking about the Summer Solstice. Interesting thread.
  • Arathu and SteampunkScientist like this

#12 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,930 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:59 PM

Man! It's 11:00 at night, I just got back from mediating by five huge oak trees that sit in a little valley in my backyard. There's a thunderstorm slowly coming this way, the moon, a waning crescent gilds the edges of the clouds as the soft rumble and flashing start...

I wish I was sitting around a campfire with you guys. Tripping together, and experiencing conciousness shift together...

Alas, it shall have to be in our dreams for now.
  • Arathu, Alder Logs and Heirloom like this

#13 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:11 PM

Yea sounds great we would need a secretary to take notes cause I'm sure some profound knowledge would be revealed.

i'll get back with some likes you guys Rock
  • SteampunkScientist likes this

#14 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,930 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:34 PM

Either that or some profound tomfoolery!

:D

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 18 June 2017 - 10:44 PM.

#15 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:00 PM

I'm sure that some Midsummer shenanigans would be occurring................as if they aren't already.........  :biggrin: 

A

• SteampunkScientist and mjroom like this

#16 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 629 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:09 PM

I am waiting for spring to wake up the woods !

#17 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,930 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:03 PM

Yeah, this cold weather is not for me...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!