https://medicalkidna...-cost-her-life/
  • Alder Logs likes this

#2 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:49 AM

Makes me very sad. Don't know what else to say.
:(
  • SteampunkScientist likes this

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,143 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:47 AM

I posted a video here about this case.  I see Goggle/Utoob has been busy cleaning up their idea of fake news, as many of the embeds I posted back then are gone.

• Myc and SteampunkScientist like this

#4 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,462 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:40 PM

I had a cousin that worked for CPS.....She had to quit based on her morals....she couldn't stand taking children away from their parents for no good reason....Of course on the other hand, there were those parents that didn't deserve their children, and that she said she had no problems with, but those cases were fewer....

Edited by fungi2bwith, 19 June 2017 - 01:42 PM.

• wildedibles and SteampunkScientist like this

#5 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,159 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:07 AM

"Legally Kidnapped: An Interview With CPS Whistleblower Carlos Morales"

[Direct Link]

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#6 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,202 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:25 AM

My neighbours kids were taken away for no good reason well...a complicated reason ....but the kids were in no danger anymore they needed therapy which got even more confusing when the kids wanted "private therapy" which was way better but its not paid for cuz the therapist isnt in the child protection services hum...directory .....I have had a complicated mess with them a few times cuz of my neighbour they wanted to spy on her so they overly bug me to do so....
....they have looked at me so weird when I tell them "thanks for coming" as they are leaving ....they look at me really weird and say "Ive never heard that one before" I tell them that if for some reason they think that my kids are in danger and I cannot or am not doing anything about it well thanks for checking on them to make sure they are safe ....and they r so thanks for coming and bye bye

:) I have a story of long ago I guess when they were just sstarting child protection stuff ...My budy is in his 80s and he was 14 then ....his Dad had passed away like a month ago or something like that ...my buddy was working to provide for his brothers and sisters and mother .....they had a homestead in the middle of no where and lived off the land hunting trapping and gardening and gathering well anyway one evening a couple of strangers came calling ...I guess trying to take the kids cuz someone was concerned that they had no one to take care of them ....well my buddy met them at the door with the shot gun told them that my family is just fine I think you should leave :)
...well buddy only got in a little bit of trouble cuz he had no idea who these people were trying to split his family up :) he wasnt planing on hurting anyone but ya know cant let someone take the little ones for no good reason either ;)
  • Spooner and SteampunkScientist like this

#7 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 1,817 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:50 PM

I don't trust child protection, but...

I also do NOT trust religious zelots who judge who can be allowed to raise children and with which values.

Lay low, keep dark, smile, and live in peace.

• wildedibles and SteampunkScientist like this

#8 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,471 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:19 AM

I would kill anyone and destroy anything that tried to get between me and my kids. I pray for their sake, they never try it.
  • wildedibles likes this

#9 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,202 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:59 AM

I would kill anyone and destroy anything that tried to get between me and my kids. I pray for their sake, they never try it.

Me too but its easier said then done ....its best to stay off thier radar....

when they came and threatened to take my kids they came with 5 cop cars 2 cops each car and the child protection worker.....I got a friend to leave as she sisnt have to satay but anyway she called my family to come and take the kids instead of the worker taking them ....... it was all a misunderstanding anyway and I was free to keep my kids ....but I still had the child protection worker come back for a few months a visit every week until I met with a diff worker and asked her how to get along with my normal worker better?

she was curious and I told her that when she comes all she does is threaten me and I get defensive and me being grumpy and angry with her is causeing problems ......she said well your being nice with me ....I said yes but your not threating me eitther to push my buttons.......next visit my normal worker came back to close the file ;)

#10 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,370 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:28 AM

"Legally Kidnapped: An Interview With CPS Whistleblower Carlos Morales"

[Direct Link]

Not a fan of this guy.  He removed two children from a meth house where the parents were encouraging the kids to shit and piss near the stashes in the house so nobody would steal their drugs and all he can think of is how it's an injustice that meth is illegal?!?  Yeah, the drug war is an injustice but there are plenty of parents who endanger or harm their children to the point that they should be removed.  Often, there are drugs involved, but in the bad cases it's because the parents are choosing meth and heroin over their kids.  Fuck them.  I would be shocked to death to find out that good people who use pot or psychedelics are commonly having their kids removed.  That said, I have seen CPS involved when a parent had a medical card.  That was stupid, but in the end the case was dropped.  CPS sees awful things all the time.  They're not going to be interested unless the kid might be in danger.

The drug war is wrong and it does affect the way that CPS does its work, but that is not what it's all about.

I'm not surprised that some of you have come into contact with CPS, because CPS investigations are common.  They can be instigated by any nosy asshole on your block.  I'm sorry you had to deal with that Wild, I'm sure you're a fantastic parent.  Most cases are closed without action, or the parents are required to participate in "services".  Removal is the last resort. 

This week I saw an authorization to remove three children because one of them, an infant, was brought to the hospital in critical condition with (I think it was a) brain hemorrhage.  The father had no explanation and ran away from the police when they got to the hospital.  Fuck that guy.  Something had to be done and removal is the mechanism we have to deal with it.  I'm not saying it's a good thing.  If there is a better way I'm all ears.

Sorry, got worked up there!  :)  How y'all doing?  :D

Edited by Sidestreet, 25 June 2017 - 08:29 AM.

#11 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,471 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:03 AM

As in all things government, there are good, sincere people who want to do what's best for everyone.

And then there are those who want to sate their evil desires knowing that the way government beaucracy is set up, know they can get away with evil.

Unfortunately, it is these latter sort that ruin everything. Human trafficking is rampant, and under government cover, makes for a whole host of horrors.
  • jkdeth likes this

#12 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,370 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 05:25 AM

For sure.  Malicious people are not screened out in the process of becoming a doctor, or an officer, a teacher, or an official.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!