• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tokr92

Tokr92

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:20 PM

Hi guys wanted to say thanks for everything you guys do youve got me through every step of my pf tek run with very few hiccups. (Couple stalled jars, i believe due to drying out) although no cantaminations.. i even made a few lc's from ms and a brf 2 grain transfer with great success thanks to the detailed teks on here. I have many questions to ask particularly on post birthing/ troubleshooting my sgfc but ill save those until i get my free member status, and i look foreward to finally having some like minded (and much more experienced) people to conversate with and learn from
  • Heirloom and wharfrat like this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 5,126 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:53 PM

i suggest not using a sgfc.. too many holes, tends to have to much FAE not enough RH. lets see the tub, do you have a pic?.. 1 more post and you are a free member and i can move this post over to magic mushroom forum

#3 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,993 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:27 PM

Welcome Tokr92, you could tape over some of those holes. I now use tubs and aquariums and get my fresh air by fanning. I got plenty of tubs with holes and am never going to make holes in tubs again. Hope to see you around here.

peace
  • Tokr92 likes this

#4 Tokr92

Tokr92

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:12 PM

Ill post pics when i get off work i dont have pics on me but on a side note i am having great results with my rye jars all 12 showing good mycelium growth within 4 days from .. thinking ill spawn those to bulk using DOC TS mini MSG mono tek.. i moved the 4 cakes from the sgfc to a moni mono i made and the humidity seems to be doing much better although i havent been fanning i believe the way the tub is set up it still gets a good amount of f.a.e.. ill post pics of the sgfc i took them from and the mono i moved them too tonight

#5 Tokr92

Tokr92

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:15 PM

I also took one of the cakes after the dunk.. without rolling and did a double end case with jar lids with holes filled with moist verm, and did a generous later on top as well, curious to see how it performs compared to the ones i rolled and left uncased.

#6 Smallpox

Smallpox

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:23 PM

Hi guys wanted to say thanks for everything you guys do youve got me through every step of my pf tek run with very few hiccups. (Couple stalled jars, i believe due to drying out) although no cantaminations.. i even made a few lc's from ms and a brf 2 grain transfer with great success thanks to the detailed teks on here. I have many questions to ask particularly on post birthing/ troubleshooting my sgfc but ill save those until i get my free member status, and i look foreward to finally having some like minded (and much more experienced) people to conversate with and learn from

Hi, new here too. What did you do with those that were stalled? Inject water?

#7 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 3,155 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:03 PM

Feels funny saying this but I'm gonna say it anyway. Welcome Smallpox!
  • Smallpox likes this

#8 Smallpox

Smallpox

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:00 PM

Feels funny saying this but I'm gonna say it anyway. Welcome Smallpox!

Thanks! Since vaccines came up I decided for a career shift towards mushrooming.  :biggrin:

#9 Tokr92

Tokr92

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:33 PM

Lol welcome smallpox, yes actually i injected each cake with about 1.5-2 ccs of sterile water and 2 of the 3 finished ,the last got some kind of contam.. wasnt visible to the eye but had a rotten apple smell.

#10 Tokr92

Tokr92

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:32 AM

Anybody know how to post pictures i see everyone saying click more reply options.. im on mobile site and dont see that option.

#11 Tokr92

Tokr92

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:29 PM

i suggest not using a sgfc.. too many holes, tends to have to much FAE not enough RH. lets see the tub, do you have a pic?.. 1 more post and you are a free member and i can move this post over to magic mushroom forum

I did as you suggested and switched the cakes over to a mini mono i had for when i go bulk has only one layer of 1/4 in. Holes about 3 inches from the bottom and a one inch hole on each side near top, covered by my easy felt tek filter disks.. did the trick began pinning the following day. 4 days later i found this
Resized_20170625_103610.jpeg
Thanks for the help guys.
  • Heirloom and wharfrat like this

#12 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,993 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:24 PM

I got my smallpox vaccination, so why not say welcome Smallpox.

Edited by Heirloom , 26 June 2017 - 07:25 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!