Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

VIP Membership. What to know with Mycotopia without PayPal.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Just Another Member

• App Administrator
  • 3,607 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:57 PM

Ok so here's the scoop! PayPal will not let Mycotopia have an account to accept payment for Donations or VIP membership. They believe we are selling or considered Paraphernalia which is against thier policies. Now does that mean we are shut down dead in the water? No it doesn't! We have other ways for members to contribute. They are very simple and only requires an extra step or two to complete. Of course many of you have noticed that many other site are being effect by the same obstacles and they also have found ways to stay alive during this time that feels like the corporate world wants to shut us all down.
I am not going into detail on how we are able to accept payments, but rather reassure you that it is still possible. Also to remind everyone that with these corporate rules and policies working against the things that keep us likeminded folks networked. We do need your support more than ever.

Now I want to get to the bread and butter of this thread. I see a lot of people going through the steps of ordering VIP like we should in a world of PayPal. Well guess what? When you place that order we don't get any alerts or messages that says you placed an order. In fact at the end of the process there is a message that says to contact an Admin to manually complete your order. One more thing that makes it even more difficult to read minds is when you place an order, only the name YOU enter in the order is visible to us. For example, I place an order for VIP and in the fields where I put my billing info I put "Richard Cranium". Now if I go look for current orders that is what I see. We don't see your user name, we see "Richard Cranium" placed an order. We have no way of connecting your order with your username unless you contact us with the name you used to place the order. So I see people placing multiple orders to which I assume that maybe it will work the second or third time. Sorry but it doesn't. I just see John Doe or Richard really wants to help keep this site alive and contribute. Or maybe they want Market Place and Chat(BTW Chat blows away Market Place for trading and networking) We cannot tell who is trying to place and order unless you notify us via PM. Which really sucks on my end thinking of a customer service standpoint, there is nothing I can do except hopefully get this message out.

Simplified version for those that don't want to read the above^

(1) Place your Desired VIP package order to the end and the message say to contact Admin.

(2) Contact an Admin via PM with the information you provide during the order and the package you desire. If your email is different than the one associated with Mycotopia then provide that too.

(3) Wait for a reply and an email with more information.

(4)Welcome to VIP and a sincere thank you for keeping Mycotopia alive!

For donations please just send me a PM and skip step 1.

I hope this eleviates any doubt or confusion. Please feel free to contact us for any questions.

Update:
**************IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT VIP AND MYCOCHAT*******************
When upgrading to VIP membership chat is also included. Now the way it works is when your VIP membership
Is manually approved and email is also sent with your invitation to MycoChat. This email doesn’t come from Mycotopia, it comes from a third party service the we use for our chat platform. Most often than not this email get lost in people’s spam folder. So if you do not see it in you’re regular inbox check your junk mail. You will have to sign up for this service, please use your Mycotopia username when it asks for an optional display name. This is how we know who each other is. While signing up it will also ask for your Full Name. Use your Mycotopia name there as well or get creative and use “Vinnie the Dog” or what ever you want (please nothing offensive)
****** DO NOT USE YOUR REAL NAME****** it is visible to everyone in chat! Now if you don’t care if we know you’re real name, no big deal then.
I try and tell everyone this while people are upgrading to VIP. Somehow I still see people that use there real name and I don’t know if that’s by choice or because I failed to notify them. If I fail to warn you or have failed in the past, my apologies. Go here to change it
https://mycotopia.sl...account/profile
Most people upgrading to VIP has been directed to or visited this thread at one time or another. The ones that don’t read this thread often get lost in cyberspace. So which is the reason for me putting this message here.
In order to keep this info from getting cluttered I come through and clean out posts that are not directly related to the message at hand. Please don’t be offended if your posts get removed as I only want a good experience for those trying to wade through the already confusing upgrade process. Thanks for your understanding and taking the time to read this information

Edited by coorsmikey, 11 November 2017 - 04:58 PM.

• pharmer, Juthro, Spooner and 11 others like this

#2 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 667 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:18 AM

I didnt know you were actually selling anything at all lol... except reading material. But I was going to ask how you renew a vip thing anyway. I guess I just do that ^^.

• coorsmikey, Amanita Versicula and Gnomesayin like this

#3 Amanita Versicula

Amanita Versicula

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 167 posts

Donator

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:47 PM

I did write back to you and ask you a few questions. and make some possible suggestions? I really can't say I know the Dynamics of the business side of the site. however I told you last night, and mean it, not only for all the trouble I have caused you and the others, I do feel like I need to send some money next month. there's no way that would be safe for this site to perhaps have a PO Box? not for personal checks but money orders? you let me know Mikey please. I do my best always to honor my words. be well and be safe and Freaky Friday. with love AV

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

Edited by Amanita Versicula, 23 June 2017 - 01:47 PM.

• coorsmikey likes this

#4 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Just Another Member

• App Administrator
  • 3,607 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:46 PM

I did write back to you and ask you a few questions. and make some possible suggestions? I really can't say I know the Dynamics of the business side of the site. however I told you last night, and mean it, not only for all the trouble I have caused you and the others, I do feel like I need to send some money next month. there's no way that would be safe for this site to perhaps have a PO Box? not for personal checks but money orders? you let me know Mikey please. I do my best always to honor my words. be well and be safe and Freaky Friday. with love AV
Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

This site is not doing anything unsafe nor does it have an address or PO box. Please just send me a PM when you're ready to contribute and I will send you directions for multiple payment options that are very discreet. Thank you for the consideration of helping out. Every lil bit makes a difference. I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about coming up with next month bills, but that is nothing new. We have made it this long we will continue much longer with the kind gestures such as you have offered. I will go back to my PMs to see if I missed something.

Edited by coorsmikey, 28 September 2017 - 07:44 PM.

• Juthro, Amanita Versicula and pachamalchemyst like this

#5 elfstone

elfstone

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 169 posts

Donator

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:13 PM

Don't be afraid to lend your support to this site. It may seem a little bit like coming out of the closet, but you are dealing with intelligent, sane staff who are doing what they're doing to give back and share with others the benefits of working with these magical healing plants, who have decided to look in on us monkeys and help us evolve into being loving awareness. Your relationship with the spirit in the mushroom places you under an umbrella of protection. There is nothing to fear.

Edited by elfstone, 26 June 2017 - 10:14 PM.

• coorsmikey, Juthro, Heirloom and 7 others like this

#6 cubesRAbore

cubesRAbore

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 133 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:17 PM

If anyone is worried about privacy, don't be. I recently purchased a VIP membership and was very happy with the level of anonymity!

It was very easy & painless. I used a visa gift card bought with cash. The nonreloadable ones require no activation or name at all.

Never had to use a real name, leave a paper trail, turn off my VPN, or remove my tin foil fedora.

@coorsmikey Thank you for your help and for doing all that you do around this beautiful place.

• coorsmikey, Heirloom , tuftygrasses and 2 others like this

#7 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Just Another Member

• App Administrator
  • 3,607 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:38 AM

I'm still seeing people place orders for VIP, even trying multiple times like it's going to work any better if you do it multiple times. It still has the same message at the end to contact an Admin. Some of these same people are active in chat still even though their VIP has expired and simply say hey Mikey I need to Re-up my VIP. Others IDK what's up? Maybe they are sending a message to an Admin who is not active? Well that sucks if that's the case, probably looks like we don't care and we don't need the financial support. Even worse having someone that needs help with site or wanting to chip in and help keep the community alive, is feeling ignored or their interest is insignificant. I truly hope that is not the case. Please make sure that if you are contacting a Moderator or Admin for anything besides "hey where are ya" or "Hey we miss you". Any matter that require attention in the recent future, that you please contact someone who is active currently. Our staff is not immune to the same reasons that all other members come and go at different times. Sometimes life takes us in different directions at different times. This is why we have a team instead of one individual running the place.

Let me get to the Meat and potatoes of what I'm trying to say and quit rambling. Mycotopia is able to pay the fees associated with the Forum software, hosting fees, server fees, domain registration fees, search engine visibility fees, SSL fees, etc.ect. We get it right? VIP membership is the Meat and potatoes I'm talking about. This is what keep us Staff from having to foot the whole bill ourselves. Which I must also give credit to some very generous Donors that have helped us out, and many others that help in the form of contest and auctions.So just because we don't have a public payment processor it doesn't mean that we can't use the support. If you have reached out to an admin and have gotten no response, I do apologize. But please contact me or any other of my peers that are Active should you need assistance or just want to help out. We do have a very private and discreet way of accepting many options of payments. Because of what and who we are, big Corporate Financial institutions would rather not have there partnership with us in the view of public and many of their polices are tightening down on the thing that mean the most to us likeminded folks.

Thank you for listening and understanding! We will get by, We will survive!

Edited by coorsmikey, 11 November 2017 - 04:57 PM.

• Sidestreet, Spooner, Amanita Versicula and 2 others like this

#8 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,191 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:35 PM

Peace to you Amanita, some times people (like me) have used all of thier likes for the day. So for me not to give you something I don't have to give is not personal.

And wasn't this thread sposta be about supporting the website? Cuz while I didn't have any likes available to give ATM, I was able to kick down a little cash just a moment ago.

Please members, if you enjoy this website and what it stands for, contribute what you can.

Peace, and love to y'all,
Juth

Edited by Juthro, 20 July 2017 - 12:36 PM.

• Spooner, Heirloom , Gnomesayin and 1 other like this

#9 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,276 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:32 PM

Peace, harmony, and I'll buy the first round :)
Juth

Two good members, coming together from different places.

Thanks Juthro, I'll buy the second round...Looks like we fixing to have a party soon... :smile:

• Juthro likes this

#10 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,191 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:54 PM

Thank you my friend.

Speaking of good members, for those that don't know, that Santa award under Spooners name wasn't awarded for working the holidays at Macey's.

Thank you again Spoon man :)
  • Spooner likes this

#11 tuftygrasses

tuftygrasses

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:48 AM

If anyone is worried about privacy, don't be. I recently purchased a VIP membership and was very happy with the level of anonymity!
It was very easy & painless. I used a visa gift card bought with cash. The nonreloadable ones require no activation or name at all.
Never had to use a real name, leave a paper trail, turn off my VPN, or remove my tin foil fedora.
@coorsmikey Thank you for your help and for doing all that you do around this beautiful place.

Clever :)

#12 Oam

Oam

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 165 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:56 PM

It was indeed a pretty easy process. Coorsmikey guided me like a seeing eye dog across a busy street. Look at the stated clever process above and shoot an admin a message after your VIP purchase. Being anonymous is NOT an issue. Like I said, contact admin for specific details.
  • coorsmikey and Juthro like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!