#1 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,652 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:24 AM

Have been reading of late about wood lovers and have come across a curiosity:
Azurescens paralysis. Has anyone here had it? It seems rather odd but has been reported not infrequently in literature. Is it a major 'thing'?
  • Arathu, CatsAndBats and ljacve55 like this

#2 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,572 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:47 AM

I got it off of 7 grams of wood lovers.....could not move from the couch for about 4 hours....It wasn't like I couldn't feel anything, It's just that it was soooo overwhelmingly intense that my muscles did not want to function properly....I've also been rendered unable to walk from pans as well....

Edited by fungi2bwith, 24 June 2017 - 11:48 AM.

• Arathu, scott_1971_h and ljacve55 like this

#3 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,209 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 June 2017 - 06:57 PM

YES............couldn't tell the difference between open eyes and closed........more than once.............not for the timid IMHO..........nothing left to do but BE...........

It's not just azures...............I've never seen a real azure...........  :meditate:

Don't do it around those that have no idea what's going on........they'll call an ambulance...then you'll be splainen things...........hahahahaha

A

Edited by Arathu, 24 June 2017 - 06:59 PM.

• fungi2bwith and scott_1971_h like this

#4 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,652 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:02 PM

OK, so its not something only found in azurescens but its more a "cyanescens et al" kind of thing. I've read that too, most of the reports i have read are on cyanescens. Has any1 ever had it on Ovoids?

So if I am lucky enuf to have such an intense trip (I gather its only on courageous trips) and experience it, its OK it's not permanent... Might be a good idea having a sitter that can put candles out (etc) when we're completely immersed...

• Arathu likes this

#5 GORF

GORF

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 397 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:56 AM

Never on shrooms but had a 10 strip of real knock my ass to the ground and I was to uncoordinated to figure out how to get back up. Took a few hours but eventually the brain started t talking to the muscles again in a way they could understand.

:)

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:43 PM

I've gotten it from eating hash once and a marijuana brownie once.   I have quite a history with cyanescens in a wide spectrum of dosages and have always been able to get up to go piss. 

#7 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:34 PM

I have experienced partial paralysis on Ps. Cyans.  It wasn't like i was so high i couldn't move, but actual paralysis.

The dose was high, maybe 6-7  dry grams.

The first thing i noticed was an inability to use my hands. I couldn't grip or close my fingers. The muscles seemed rigid.

I was trying to open a zip bag of beef jerky.

Then I found I was not able to chew the jerky. Jerky and drool fell down my shirt from my half open mouth. funny now.. not so much then. 

Quite scary. Very stroke like symptoms. I considered the possibility of mild serotonin syndrome as I was also taking at least one, if not more SNRI or SSRI's at the time.

I wont do that again,lol.  Be safe and enjoy. :)

• mjroom likes this

#8 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:41 PM

I must admit that I have never ventured into those high of doses with cyans.

• Nsnail likes this

#9 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,209 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:20 PM

I dropped myself to the ground in the back yard by the fire on 6 grams of dried ovoids and stayed there for a few hours...my legs refused to respond and while it scared the shit out of me initially I had an OBE following that. Where I looked at myself on the ground staring into the fire.......the view was from the other side of the fire..............fucking crazy..........I haven't ventured there again............yet............

Yes be careful.....a sitter is highly recommended...........

#10 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,652 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:18 AM

I dropped myself to the ground in the back yard by the fire on 6 grams of dried ovoids and stayed there for a few hours...my legs refused to respond and while it scared the shit out of me initially I had an OBE following that. Where I looked at myself on the ground staring into the fire.......the view was from the other side of the fire..............fucking crazy..........I haven't ventured there again............yet............

Yes be careful.....a sitter is highly recommended...........

Yes with things that can turn nasty, like fires and candles. it would be good having someone that is at least able to get out of the way. Hopefully moving you out of the way too. Hope that fire was well contained. The closest thing Ive got to being burned to a cinder was (surprise) when I was drinking. It was a pretty close call, I dont want to have any that close again. When the curtains go up, you'll want to get out of there... I'm glad I could move (or at least crawl)...

And I might add that it was great being on ground level, and I didnt have to jump through white hot cladding and fall a hundred meters. Were there any Mycologists in London? 

Edited by scott_1971_h, 26 June 2017 - 07:29 AM.

#11 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,652 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:09 AM

Has anyone ever had it on a panaeolus? 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!