#1 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 446 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:05 PM

This is a theory I produced hiking with a friend sometime after my last trip:

So I'm walking with my friend on a beautiful hike. Everything is bright and beautiful. The result of my last trip.

I begin telling him that reality is bendable, even breakable, and it always has been. But, because we are afraid we don't allow reality to bend outside of circumstances that can explain it away. For instance, I take an eighth of mushrooms then, my reality is allowed to bend without me getting at the truth that it could always bend. Similarly with everything that bends reality. The highs and lows that we get from the things around us. I let something make me depressed and then when I look in the mirror I look like shit. I let something make me happy and then I look in the mirror and I look beautiful. I was considering that if you can move out of fear, then the powers that bend and break reality will manifest, but not until then. 

It's like the unconscious built the conscious, but didn't really know what it would make. It made something and quickly realized that this thing couldn't handle what was happening, so it quickly built tons of mechanisms to protect it. Rationality that could explain away the bendiness of reality, etc. 

I also threw out there that using mushrooms is like giving your conscious mind up to the unconscious. I was suggesting that the unconscious is infinitely more intelligent than the conscious, it already knows what the conscious needs, how reality needs to bend to accommodate it's thoughts and feelings. But, maybe it doesn't because it's been at this game for too long. Scared the shit out of the conscious enough times that it knows to let it's baby grow on it's own for the most part, until fear truly disappears, and the conscious can move into ultimate control.

Take a dose of mushrooms with the intent to let the unconscious tinker intelligently with the conscious's play things and then you start to see what you've been looking for in conscious daily life. Give up fear and let the world itself be transformed by something quite beyond. 

I also considered that there is something ultimately existent in what we see of other people and that there's an interplay of realities as people come into contact. Each person is sort of going to see what they want to see to an extent. It's possible the most fearful one's reality will take precedence. I was overthinking this a bit. Haha. 

Anyway, this was my theory and how I was thinking. I was toning down the religious elements by saying unconscious. Fun to think about at the time and felt pretty damn true as well. Makes me want to trip again soon. Haha. 

But, it was just me having fun thinking. 

Edited by Guy1298, 07 July 2017 - 03:12 PM.

• Sidestreet, wildedibles and SteampunkScientist like this

#2 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,505 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:03 PM

That's some pretty good thinking IMHO

You've captured, in your own words, what Huxley surmised in his (IMHO) awesome analysis of how the subconscious is constructed  and how it works in his book The Doors of Perception. Well worth the read for the detail he goes into to explain the development of our unconscious thought processes and how they interplay with conscious thoughts.

Great minds think alike. And it pays to bring ideas out into open forums to be discussed.

It's like grandpa Pharmer used to tell me "Always have an opinion. You'll soon find out if you're right or wrong"     :)

• wildedibles and Guy1298 like this

#3 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 529 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:23 PM

An odd addendum I'm sure, but I have someone's dmt trip report in my head, that was basically a realm jump to a a "service desk" with an entity looking at him like "You again!"
  • Guy1298 likes this

#4 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,456 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:09 AM

I begin telling him that reality is bendable, even breakable, and it always has been. But, because we are afraid we don't allow reality to bend outside of circumstances that can explain it away.

In manifesting my reality, I try to remember that I shouldn't worry about how something will happen and just have faith that it can and will happen.  The universe/subconscious/etc. will figure out the details.  After that it's just about recognizing and making use of opportunities when they come up.

Edited by Sidestreet, 08 July 2017 - 07:10 AM.

• Arathu, wildedibles, Alder Logs and 1 other like this

#5 elfstone

elfstone

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 147 posts

Donator

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:06 PM

Forming an intention, I have found, brings it into being. I have gotten better at it over the years.

#6 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,511 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:45 PM

Guy...

You basically describe here what people refer to as Magick. The rituals of magick, like the mushroom, are devices that allow us to get around those "unconscious safety checks".

Once we have defeated a particular security level in our minds, the reality associated with level is now fully "bendable". Then we proceed Into the next level... As the tree of knowledge in the Kabala, and many other esoteric practices.

The mushroom and the tree are strongly connected. The world tree, may in fact be the myriad root networks of plant and fungi all around us. And in us.

Excellent meditation my friend!

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 18 July 2017 - 09:46 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!