Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Paul Stamets - Cold Water Extraction of Psilocybin from Fresh Fruits (Video)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:05 PM

Paul Stamets - Cold Water Extraction of Psilocybin from Fresh Fruits

(EDIT: At 8:11pm EST July 10, 2017) --- I edited and clarified the wording of the text description of the extraction method just now so please refresh this post to get the latest update if you've viewed this post prior to this time period.)

I came across this link elsewhere and did a site-specific search via Google and DuckDuckGo for Mycotopia, but did not find any existing posts that indicated that this information has yet been posted to the forum here.

The following hyperlink links to a Youtube video of one of Stamets' latest talks/presentations hosted by MAPS in which he discusses a new finding: A cold water extraction method of extracting psilocybin from fresh fruits. This will not work on dried fruits. You use chopped psilocybin fresh fruits and ice cubes.

The method is detailed at the linked timestamp (Follow the link and it will play the video starting at 20 minutes and 43 seconds in) and I highly suggest watching it. The entire talk is worth viewing in its entirety.

https://youtu.be/vFWxWq0Fv0U?t=20m43s

In short, take your fresh psilocybin mushrooms, chop them up, and simply place them in a glass filled with ice cubes, then put the glass into the refrigerator to let it slowly thaw. Simply leave this for a while and you should start to see blue water as the ice cubes melt. You will be left with blue water containing extracted psilocybin from the fresh fruits. Simple yet beautiful.

Direct link (Should embed to be played here within the forum) to the talk is directly below. You can manually skip to 20 minutes and 43 seconds into the video to see the related information on the cold water extraction technique.

[Direct Link]

Edited by niemandgeist, 10 July 2017 - 07:12 PM.

• Sidestreet, wharfrat, sillyrabbitcubiesR4us and 8 others like this

#2 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:01 PM

Wonder why it won't work on dry, only fresh ?

#3 MycoRunner

MycoRunner

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 113 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:05 PM

interesting lecture, I never knew that Psilocybe Azurecens caused temporary paralysis. 

#4 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,855 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:11 PM

interesting lecture, I never knew that Psilocybe Azurecens caused temporary paralysis. 

https://mycotopia.ne...1281-paralysis/

https://mycotopia.ne...-ps-azurescens/

https://mycotopia.ne...-weird-effects/

• MsBehavin420 likes this

#5 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:21 PM

Each time I watch Paul Stamets some idea floats to the top.  This time I was delighted to fantisize about how some additional empathy and cognitive development might improve the performance of our big cheese in our capital.  So please remember to take some blue ice cubes next time you dine with Don the Con...

• cosmicsistar and intzi like this

#6 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,989 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:05 AM

so if ice is good would dry ice be better? maybe mixed with H2O it would be all kinds of cold, slowly melting, and a residual water left with the goods in it?

#7 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,564 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:48 PM

Each time I watch Paul Stamets some idea floats to the top.  This time I was delighted to fantisize about how some additional empathy and cognitive development might improve the performance of our big cheese in our capital.  So please remember to take some blue ice cubes next time you dine with Don the Con...

one would think that dosing the water supply with large amounts of LSD should suffice.....

#8 AlcinoEugenio

AlcinoEugenio

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 03:20 AM

Great talk. Thanks for sharing.

#9 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 644 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 04:21 AM

Wonder why it won't work on dry, only fresh ?

My guess is that you are effectively freezing the fresh shroom and bursting the cell walls to release all the goodies. Freezing dried shroom doesn't burst the cells; that's why we dry and freeze to preserve potency.

Just my educated guess :)
  • Sidestreet and stoogie like this

#10 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,561 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:07 AM

Great Vid, I've seen other videos by Stamets touched on some same topics but here he expanded a bit more, great find.

#11 tuftygrasses

tuftygrasses

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 345 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:22 AM

Wouldn't we be better making ice cubes with water with bicarb of soda and camomile tea. So the ice cubes are alkaline. Then the water would turn brown until we add lemon juice as we drink it for blast off

#12 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 590 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 March 2018 - 04:47 PM

What do you think is the yield for this technique. I would suspect well under 50%. Thus you are losing half your magic. Assuming you have a ton of product then no problem but I would think that eating the entire fruit, fresh or not, would be best for effective use of available medicinal alkaloids.

#13 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,561 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:32 PM

".. I would suspect well under 50%. Thus you are losing half your magic..."

Don't think to much, LOL!
fresh mushies a quite a bit stronger than dried.
  • TrippyHippyPunk and raymycoto like this

#14 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 590 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:29 AM

Don't think to much, LOL!
fresh mushies a quite a bit stronger than dried.

Good point.

You could eat the depleted / steeped mushrooms to see what was left. Might just be a few microdoses, but even so, you could heat dry them and take them or eat them wet.

Edited by raymycoto, 01 April 2018 - 08:30 AM.

#15 Psilyguy503

Psilyguy503

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:28 PM

Think this would work with stones?

#16 tuftygrasses

tuftygrasses

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 345 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:39 AM

I think you would need to chop them finely to expose the surfaces. Make a smoothy of sorts and then filter out the bits

#17 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:53 PM

This was a fantastic vid! Thank you

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!