• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Springfield1911

Springfield1911

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:01 PM

I am wondering if someone could reccomend a expert on this forum to help in identification.  I am only beginning and have nothing at this point but from what I have read when your research produces the final product even if you have purchased spores from a reccomended vendor you should get a expert to confirm.  Any suggestions so I can note who to post to?

#2 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 4,302 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:18 PM

I suggest posting in here for "magic" mushrooms

https://mycotopia.ne...agic-mushrooms/

And here for edible and medicinal

https://mycotopia.ne...nd-other-fungi/

There are many members here that can help you identify these mushrooms and posts like this help the Community and non members who read the threads as oppose to his pm'ing some one specific individual until you get to know some one.

Although identification is important I would really be surprised if many who buy kits or spores from a reputable trusted vendor takes this step. By no means am I saying NOT to go through these steps to identify what you have grown it just comes way more into play when hunting in the wild.

Edited by PsyBearknot, 13 July 2017 - 01:24 PM.

• Myc likes this

#3 panaho

panaho

One Grow Cultivation Guru!

• Free Member
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:42 PM

I am not an "expert"  but I know some you should not eat .

#4 Springfield1911

Springfield1911

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:08 PM

Reason I asked is someone on this site suggested that proper ID from an expert is prudent for someone getting spores on the internet. I use only the ones listed here who have been in business for 10+ years.

#5 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 5,250 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:20 PM

Reason I asked is someone on this site suggested that proper ID from an expert is prudent for someone getting spores on the internet. I use only the ones listed here who have been in business for 10+ years.

expert ID is prudent for someone picking and eating wild mushrooms.. when you buy spores you are mostly sure you are getting the strain or species/genus you asked for. normally not a problem. besides you will know by the time they fruit whether they are what they say they are.. what mushrooms are you wanting to cultivate?

#6 Springfield1911

Springfield1911

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:12 AM

Thanks what I would think also. I already am b+ and GT

#7 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 797 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:22 PM

Not much to worry about buying from reputable vendors.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!