• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RedPillPopper

RedPillPopper

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:59 PM

Hello forum family!  I've been a long time lurker and have scoured the ins and outs of these pages, as well as others; however, the best way to still learn is firsthand critiques, criticisms, advice, and encouragement.  I humbly come to each and every one of you presenting that I obviously am no expert, but would greatly like to hear of the opinions from those with more experience than I.  

This was my very first grow, and given certain, unforeseen circumstances, did not provide the "ideal" way I wanted to go about this.   I started off successfully colonizing 3/4 WBS jars.  I had two jars of B+ and I had one jar of Penis Envy (I understood it can be finicky for first time growers, but figured 'What the hell?').  I then followed a 6qt Dub Tub tek to a "T" but the grow was delayed, and I ended up having to be gone 8 days.  Since I knew I wasn't going to be able to watch and tend to my grow, I had no choice but to set up three "zombie tubs."  I needed something I could set and forget, as I wasn't going to be home to do anything with my tubs.  I have reluctantly decided that my Penis Envy tub is not going to grow as hoped lol.  I had literally about 4-5 pins, no taller than two inches.  The pictures I have attached are those only of my B+ "yields."  Through research, here is what I've gathered.  My personal assessment is that there was too much moisture, too much CO2, and obviously not enough fresh air.  I also believe that there is some verticillium contamination.  I know from the bruising that these have obviously been very stressed, but I was wanting some firsthand opinions that I could take and apply to my next potential grow.  These are a far cry from some of the beautiful cubes I saw from some of the members on here.  All opinions are welcome!  Trust me, I won't be offended.  For what it's worth, I did not end up casing the substrate like I wanted.  My substrate consisted of Coir, Verm, and some coffee grounds.  My jars and substrate were pressure cooked at the appropriate temperatures.  Anymore questions, just ask! Thank you guys

20170724_131942.jpg 20170724_131953.jpg 20170724_131958.jpg 20170724_132006.jpg

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 5,244 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:27 PM

welcome to topia.. i think you answered you own question  :biggrin: def not enough FAE, when utilizing zombie tubs, you need to have an oscillating fan on in the room that occasionally blows in the direction of the tub, along with the holes is the lid this will give enough FAE without having to manually fan. Sometimes this takes some dialing in to get the airflow just right.  

#3 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 4,300 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:09 PM

Howdy and welcome man. Don't fret you'll get the hang of it!
Your assessment and wharfs comments say it best

Glad you cam outta the shadows
  • RedPillPopper likes this

#4 RedPillPopper

RedPillPopper

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:13 AM

welcome to topia.. i think you answered you own question  :biggrin: def not enough FAE, when utilizing zombie tubs, you need to have an oscillating fan on in the room that occasionally blows in the direction of the tub, along with the holes is the lid this will give enough FAE without having to manually fan. Sometimes this takes some dialing in to get the airflow just right.  

I'd bought an oscillating fan, but figured the ceiling fan would be enough as I did not want to overdo it (something I'd read about).  I definitely have compiled a few key notes for the next grow that should produce much better yields.  Like I said, this was my first one, and I'd meant to just do one zombie tub as an experiment, but then it turned into a necessity to do all them that way lol.  Not exactly ideal, but I'm happy to have gotten some!  I still have more reading to do, but if someone were to eat these, is that something that'd be advisable? Thanks for the help!

#5 RedPillPopper

RedPillPopper

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:13 AM

Howdy and welcome man. Don't fret you'll get the hang of it!
Your assessment and wharfs comments say it best

Glad you cam outta the shadows

Appreciate the love

#6 nesmaster01

nesmaster01

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:19 AM

It looks better than my first grow.Why not let the fruits open up a little more? I have heard that peak potency is when the veil just starts to tear. I harvested mine with caps open just before spores released.

#7 tinglyPete

tinglyPete

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:24 PM

For PE on a first try you did very well IMO, it's a special one for sure!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!