Hello forum family! I've been a long time lurker and have scoured the ins and outs of these pages, as well as others; however, the best way to still learn is firsthand critiques, criticisms, advice, and encouragement. I humbly come to each and every one of you presenting that I obviously am no expert, but would greatly like to hear of the opinions from those with more experience than I.
This was my very first grow, and given certain, unforeseen circumstances, did not provide the "ideal" way I wanted to go about this. I started off successfully colonizing 3/4 WBS jars. I had two jars of B+ and I had one jar of Penis Envy (I understood it can be finicky for first time growers, but figured 'What the hell?'). I then followed a 6qt Dub Tub tek to a "T" but the grow was delayed, and I ended up having to be gone 8 days. Since I knew I wasn't going to be able to watch and tend to my grow, I had no choice but to set up three "zombie tubs." I needed something I could set and forget, as I wasn't going to be home to do anything with my tubs. I have reluctantly decided that my Penis Envy tub is not going to grow as hoped lol. I had literally about 4-5 pins, no taller than two inches. The pictures I have attached are those only of my B+ "yields." Through research, here is what I've gathered. My personal assessment is that there was too much moisture, too much CO2, and obviously not enough fresh air. I also believe that there is some verticillium contamination. I know from the bruising that these have obviously been very stressed, but I was wanting some firsthand opinions that I could take and apply to my next potential grow. These are a far cry from some of the beautiful cubes I saw from some of the members on here. All opinions are welcome! Trust me, I won't be offended. For what it's worth, I did not end up casing the substrate like I wanted. My substrate consisted of Coir, Verm, and some coffee grounds. My jars and substrate were pressure cooked at the appropriate temperatures. Anymore questions, just ask! Thank you guys