25 replies to this topic

#21 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,720 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:12 AM

I would want to be very secretive if I knew stuff and had been told I would be killed if I ever said anything.

That certainly doesn't sound like a spiritual system, philosophy, or Belief System (B.S. for short) that is based on what some call the "Light" (i.e. a worldview sourced from what we generally deem to be 'good' stuff like love, empathy, compassion, inclusiveness and so on).

Any B.S. that operates on secrecy and with implied (or explicit) threats of bodily harm for sharing has more in common with a drug cartel than a path to enlightenment. I just figure that if I'm going to follow anyone else's B.S., it might as well be a more pleasant/positive/plausible B.S..

Especially if I had learned that living forever could have something to do with what I knew.

It doesn't.

And I can say that with just as much certainty and authority as Castaneda does when he asserts otherwise, and for the same reasons (or lack thereof).

#22 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• Free Member
  • 248 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:07 AM

The spirit is eternal.

The giant eagle eating you after death and turning you into Eagle poop and the whole avoidance of the act mystified me.

I had visions of golden eagles circling above and becoming a bright amber light but pulled my consciousness from the vision before it went further.

#23 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,720 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:28 AM

The spirit is eternal.

That's the underlying principle of pretty much all spiritual lineages or religions (almost by definition).

Appropriation of extant knowledge is standard operating procedure for gurus, religions, and the self-help book industry.

But anyway, while the spirit is or may be eternal the body clearly is not, and I'd be curious to know how many people have fucked themselves up permanently or died thanks to Castaneda's books inspiring them to believe they can learn something from consuming Datura, too (among other things).

#24 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,668 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:32 AM

Eagle poop:  isn't that a marine corps paycheck.  

• Justintime likes this

#25 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• Free Member
  • 248 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:30 AM

I've been out of my body enough times to know I am not just my body...

Datura. Yes Terrance McKenna ate the seeds of this. In Nepal if my memory doesn't betray me.
I've known people who ate/drank brewed leaves. Not a nice experience reported. I would never do such a thing personally.Hrs of writhing in bed watching snakes slither up the walls can't be much fun.

Some of these tricksters enjoy wrapping the truth up in a bit of confusion. Discredit it all and take on the persona of the fool. So that only the wise understand. Personal protection perhaps. There are beings among us in this world who work very hard at keeping the masses docile and blind to what is really going on. If we all awakened our true sight perhaps their game would be up.
  • panaho likes this

#26 panaho

panaho

One Grow Cultivation Guru!

• Free Member
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:10 PM

Without any sort of anything I was from an early age a dreamer.  The things that I had dreamed when I was in grade school are still with me as an oldster and are still the basis for what went into the making of me today. The only thing other than 

having learned who I happened to be was who and what the things that are to be avoided at all costs.  And there are plenty of things I am now aware of that as far as I know only a relatively few are aware of.

Makes me feel I am with a small band of die hard people who are going to help to make things right. I love it .

I am in everyday life just a punk , but I can walk down any street in any city and not have a worry.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!