29 replies to this topic

#21 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,223 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:57 PM

The infinite will never be grasped by the finite........regardless of belief, conviction, or even direct revelation.................

We don't even know our own meat bodies that well let alone our yards.............I cannot find a place of trusting any human to deliver some reported words of a god.......

So I went outside and sincerely I asked whatever is out/in (probably one and the same things) there "What are you, who are you, help me to know"

I got crickets and tree frogs, crackling fire, and everything I choose to explore.......... and the deepest feelings that I already knew the answers..............

The nature of the perception "I am" is fundamentally paradox, a self referential system, don't take anything too damned seriously we're all completely full of shit.................

The entirety of the rest of it all, as best as I can perceive it, does not trump the importance of the quality of soil within the boundaries of my current ground...........

But your God(s) are welcome to come and visit if they so wish.............not that I'm that important but I do place value in hospitality. I would love to speak with them.........

The Earth answers me when I speak to her..........from it and back to it.............thanks for the weeds and the shrooms MOM...............I'll try to make good dirt......

• Myc, Alder Logs, Guy1298 and 1 other like this

#22 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 497 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:22 PM

We play with hand-puppets that talk of the Great Mystery. But, hand-puppets can't see. 

Edited by Guy1298, 25 August 2017 - 01:25 PM.

• Arathu and Spooner like this

#23 Digital Phoenix

Digital Phoenix

Morphogenesis in Stasis

• Free Member
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:28 PM

I'm not trying to disrupt anything except provoke thought to the thread title and my argument to The real God. I wish for all of us both here on topia and everyone not on topia to be at peace with each other. IMHO, for any Christian to be effectively doing what we are supposed to do (spread the good word of God) we'll have to quote the bible. In quoting the bible, hopefully in the context that fits best, we (should) humbly present the Word of God (as opposed to our own flawed perspective) as the guiding light in the situation and not just opinions from someone posting on the internet, however well respected one may be, no offense intended to anyone on topia. On the contrary and ironically so, it is here at topia that I know many of you also desire peace for everybody (as every Christian should) and personally I feel more at home with you all, than I have at any church building, even with the crucifixion posts of opposition.

With that said, hopefully I haven't come across as thumping too strong or as offensive as I consider the references of "nails and boards" in other threads, which I can absolutely forgive such things as these words, as long as there isn't intent to harm, which I do not believe there was. How could one grow closer to Christ (the ultimate Forgiver), whom doesn't forgive? With respect to offensiveness, I was going to say---I think to please both sides of the community here would be to cycle the words and works of the bible into the conversation without having drawn attention to the bible by quoting it, thereby the believer gets to help someone through the bible and the unbeliever gets help without knowing that it was the word of God that was helping, because of the offensiveness that God obviously doesn't help anybody, just creates problems He can't fix...---and then I realized that might be offensive as God would not get the Glory...

From my perspective, the weed and shrooms (and for that matter, plants, animals and the Earth in general) were from Dad and dominion over them is given to mankind (ahead of governments and corporations) by the end of Chapter 1 of Genesis and I didn't read anything about governments or corporations, so that's one perspective of the problem I have with them...off topic and for another thread.

For me or anyone to fully explain their own position or perspective on a thing (let alone of God and while it is a canned word, however for lack of a better term, God will have to do), it would take our lifetime as we haven't lived each other's lives, however we can share similar experiences and relate through the emotions endured. I'd love to share my own story and still may here and there without revealing too much. So I hope I don't come across as something I'd rather not be and am remembered for good intentions. The "Signs" in my life and the lives of people I know are amazing and to compile them into a short written list of what has occurred throughout my life point towards a Christian God and wouldn't make much sense to most, and may be easier to require it's explanation with the tinfoil from the kitchen.

#24 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• Black VIP
  • 10,107 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:56 PM

Why elevate any book to idol status?   They are only words, up for as many interpretations as those who hear or read them.

#25 Digital Phoenix

Digital Phoenix

Morphogenesis in Stasis

• Free Member
  • 333 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:31 PM

I hope I do not idolize anything and in this case, not all "books" are equal...To tell me that I have idolized the bible is like telling me that I have much of God to learn...and I would have to agree that I have much to learn, yet cannot concede to the former, hopefully for obvious reasons. Ironically, you may have illustrated my own point in my own problem / opinion with the organized church or lack thereof where all that is done is talk of good works and some do missionary trips of actual good...On the flip side, as Heaven's advocate so-to-speak, all the body of the church would have to do is be inspired to change it's mind, or in the case as it may be, reawaken the Spirit within and see not without conscience or dazzlement of the eyes and with eyes closed see with conscientiousness.

Why dismiss that after the great flood, the ambition to document unbelievable events in history THAT WAS a lifelong priority (For Moses) enough to actually BE THE CHANGE OF INSTRUCTION and document the course correction? Why ignore the meaning behind the counting of our time for 2017 years and THAT WAS the ambition to document unbelievable events in history that would be a lifelong priority (For Christ's Followers) enough to actually BE THE CHANGE OF INSTRUCTION and document the course correction?

Perhaps here the belief in the bible is the minority, however don't dismiss (on probability grounds alone) the billions whom do believe the message within it. The course correction being the separation from God that can be found in the beginning of the bible and the Destination of both course corrections being Heaven in Unity of God, as evidenced throughout the bible, especially in it's end.

So we are left with :
1. Billions of us being wrong... or
2. Billions of US doing it wrong...

I'll give ya the 2nd if you give me the 1st?

With Respect,

DP

#26 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• Black VIP
  • 10,107 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:44 PM

The Truth is simple.   The seeker of Truth is complex.

~Mooji

• Arathu and Spooner like this

#27 BecomeTheOther

BecomeTheOther

Seeker

• OG VIP
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:29 PM

I have learned the full truth and all of the secrets of the universe...

I wish I could tell you guys, but it cannot be told.

Just stay on my good side is the best advice I can give....
  • Alder Logs likes this

#28 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,223 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:33 PM

I'm certain that I'm completely full of shit and so is everyone else..............

A

#29 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• Black VIP
  • 10,107 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:15 PM

I might be a quart low.

• Myc and Arathu like this

#30 Alder Logs