30 replies to this topic

#21 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,385 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

There should be an unreliable award for those that fail to meet their end of trades......I've got a few to give that award to.......

Hey wait I have a couple people Im making wait extra time for ooops I sorry and well I make up for late trades ;)
....I like the award idea tho even for the flaws gives you something to work toward bettering ....a reminder :) ......

#22 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,385 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:16 PM

There should be an unreliable award for those that fail to meet their end of trades......I've got a few to give that award to.......

thats what the traders review thread is for  :biggrin: feel free to call them out, just be kind about it

yep be kind we all make mistakes and well bringing it up maybe they forgot or have an extra prezie in it ya cuz you waited..... never know unless ya try ;)
  • Juthro, Spooner and wharfrat like this

#23 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 5,115 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:41 PM

i would def try and contact them through a PM before posting anything, give them a chance to make it right or explain what happened.

• whitethumb, wildedibles, Juthro and 1 other like this

#24 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,737 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:00 AM

I agree the other thread is the right place to deal with trade/deal issues. If you really feel you have a grievance, and the other party wont make it right to your standards, air it there for others to see and judge for themselves.

But I don't think a scarlet letter in the awards bar is a good idea. The award bar is to highlight members strengths, not to belittle or shame them.
  • wildedibles, Alder Logs, Spooner and 1 other like this

#25 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,501 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:31 AM

I agree the other thread is the right place to deal with trade/deal issues. If you really feel you have a grievance, and the other party wont make it right to your standards, air it there for others to see and judge for themselves.

But I don't think a scarlet letter in the awards bar is a good idea. The award bar is to highlight members strengths, not to belittle or shame them.

There's an award for green thumb....the trich king......Not necessarily something I would be proud of....

And the trade thing, well most members are no longer here....Billythekid being one of them....

And actually, a "scarlet letter" would be perfect juthro, that would save people time from having to comb through that thread to see if who they are about to trade with is legit.....And my reasoning would be because bad traders prolly won't be around here long anyways....A man is only as good as his word, and if his word is shit, well.....

Whatever, I was just pointing that out.....I have no grievances, I was supposed to get a tampa culture from someone that never delivered, and another member, Heirloom, thankyou, and whom should get an award for trusted trader, filled those shoes.... So I'm good....

Edited by fungi2bwith, 13 August 2017 - 01:42 AM.

• wildedibles and Juthro like this

#26 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,385 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:21 AM

There's an award for green thumb....the trich king......Not necessarily something I would be proud of....

And the trade thing, well most members are no longer here....Billythekid being one of them....

And actually, a "scarlet letter" would be perfect juthro, that would save people time from having to comb through that thread to see if who they are about to trade with is legit.....And my reasoning would be because bad traders prolly won't be around here long anyways....A man is only as good as his word, and if his word is shit, well.....

Whatever, I was just pointing that out.....I have no grievances, I was supposed to get a tampa culture from someone that never delivered, and another member, Heirloom, thankyou, and whom should get an award for trusted trader, filled those shoes.... So I'm good....

Im glad things worked out :) I get where your comming from this is why we had the award system before in a diff way then the pictures we have now ......Im the type of person to laugh at the trich award :) I did grow it best when I tried to grow mushrooms :) at least something grew :) I will stick to plants for now thanks
....and just to let people know Im a good trader if I can being in Canada things cannot cross the border so I have to say no to certian things
......Im running late with a couple of people but Im waiting too so I can make a special trip to get as few more things to add to the trading box ;)
....but when a trade never happens it sucks to share and no one shares baack ......thanks to people here like Heirloom who can make up for it
  • Juthro likes this

#27 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 3,144 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:57 AM

I rarely ever make a trade, but rather just offer to give prints away with no expectations of anything in return. People more often than not will treat me the same way. If the one of the people I send spore to don't send me anything usually someone else will. I have never been stiffed or burned doing thins this way.

Back on topic now, maybe Skywatcher can whip us up the design for the award? We could talk to the powers to be and among our staff group about adding an "Established Trader" Award sometime in the near future. Definitely something we could talk about whether or not it's a good idea and set the guidelines to how one is awarded.

In a way the desired award is already in play. Generally if you see some that has multiple awards that pretty much says that they have established themselves in the community and can be trusted to trade with. As for having a negative award or "scarlet letter" it is completely unnecessary, we don't know when someone is going to flake out until they do, and by that time they are already gone or are soon to be filtered out by the other systems we have in place. Basically if you trade, you trade at your own risk. Be smart about it not only for what to you expect in return from someone, but you are giving somebody you met on the internet an address. If someone flakes on you, be grateful for your own generosity and know that's some way or another that's gonna come back to you.IMG_1282.PNG IMG_1283.PNG

Edited by coorsmikey, 13 August 2017 - 12:22 PM.
Added pic for examples

• wildedibles, Alder Logs, Juthro and 2 others like this

#28 whitethumb

whitethumb

poisoned beauties

• OG VIP
  • 991 posts

Donator

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:55 PM

for the longest time, i never knew how people got awards. lol
  • wildedibles and Juthro like this

#29 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,397 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:21 PM

I am all for the "gift economy."   I tend to want to be away from folks whose every doing is some kind of deal, as they seem to view the whole of everything through a monetized lens.   The only thing that stops me from giving is an acquired perception that some character is just returning to the well, and may even see me as their free source for whatever it may be; materials, money, labor.   I have known some who, when you have given something to them, they will think it natural to sell it back to you when you need it.   It takes a good bit of such assholery to make that list, but some have.

I generally refuse payment for goods and services, and don't worry if it's never reciprocated.   I have received some very nice giftings by some, and see it works out for the most part.   The only reason I sell any shiitakes is, I don't have the time to give them away, and the local farm market serves me when I have too many, and pays me as well.   As for any time I have had more magic than I could consume, these were freely given.    My peace of mind in not up for any form of monetary appraisal, but generally, it's pretty good shit.   If I am unhappy with some assholery, somehow it doesn't affect my happiness.   That's interesting.

• wildedibles, Juthro, Spooner and 1 other like this

#30 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,501 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:31 AM

A trusted trader award would be great.....we have that at a private forum I frequent, but then again, everyone there is trusted.... ;)

#31 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 1,969 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:33 AM

Some odd things happen in life, people go to hospital, get arrested, or have some other crisis in life.  Some folks have odd ethics, and I consider it cheap education to identify these folks in a single swap.  I have been slow on a swap, but never have I failed to send.  I have also never worried about when I receive stuff.  Expect to live long enough to enjoy whenever stuff gets to me. 

Prefer The note in a bottle model, send it out, eventually a response will come, my job is to live long enough to receive the reply.  And of course I spend some portion of every day trying to survive anyway so the load on me is minimal once I send the bottle out. 

Peace amigo's.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!