#21 elfstone

elfstone

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 267 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:58 PM

First thing, Camirae, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Losing both your son and his father is devastating. Life goes on, but the emptiness can be hard to bear at times.

In regard to the possible continuation of something after the death of the physical body, I would recommend three reliable sources: Raymond Moody's video, Life After Life (https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B00HG1A21S/), a little book by George MacDonald titled At the Back of the North Wind (https://www.johannesen.com/Titles.htm) , and the Bardo Thodol (otherwise known as The Tibetan Book of the Dead) (https://www.amazon.com/Tibetan-Book-Dead-Complete-Translation/dp/0670858862/).

Sometimes we only find nothing when we look for evidence or signs of our lost loved ones in the outer world. It has been my experience that there is abundant evidence that emerges in the inner world. It can sometimes emerge unbidden and sometimes only when we learn to look deeply.

I can also attest from direct experience that awareness is not contained by the body, but rather the other way round. Having had a brush with death, I can say that once that door is opened one sees directly for oneself the landscape of the soul. It is not something based on opinion, but a direct perception apprehended by the eye of the soul, and is far more real and vivid than what this perishing mortal eye can see. The mushroom can also open this inner eye and reveals the soul dimension in all of its majesty. This mortal experience each of are having is but a single page in one book housed in a vast library of countless volumes. "This radiant awareness has never been born and will never die - how amazing!"
  • Skywatcher, Alder Logs and Heirloom like this

#22 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Student of Life

• Free Member
  • 583 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:40 PM

Arathu Well Said...
I agree, to unplug out away from hustle bustle and plug into wilderness/ countryside/bodies of water etc
Is not only a recharge for the mind and soul it stills us to tap into what's behind the veil.
To be sober should be sought after like a trip or high

Elfstone so true about looking for evidence and not finding when we so desperately what to exsperience
And times when we are not looking we have something profound happen

I do not see anything but both my sisters have this gift.
I've received good insight from things they've shared with me. It also reminds me that
learning to be "aware" and my first instincts are usually right , and if I'm feeling another's presence
weather it be good or bad
Yes there is a creator or force and there is a yang to every ying.
My younger sis has incredible gifts.
I'll try not to drag this out:
This mom was looking for her young adult son
Who went with " his friends " to Mexico , some drug business.
My sister said the friends murdered him and threw him in some big lake
Out in the middle of nowhere. She then said in two years his body would be discovered and by a father and son.
O.K. That's pretty incredible, and it did pan out that way.
What she told me about the victim was imho even more incredible
This guy was a sort of shallow self important type person
He cannot believe his friends would do such a thing and he stays in his
physical remains

Here's another tidbit.
When someone has gone before the creator, they have a
Special color of light Aura. She can't describe the color, in fact she became very emotionable
Which is out of her character.
What I'm sharing is one of myriads of things that are about our planet and it inhabitants.
Dimensions, unknown other species, Reincarnation,, religious exsperience,
ley lines, Angels , demons, geographical principalities and powers
repeated loops of intense history, : like some of what goes on
Civil war fields, or just hanger on ers that won't move on to
people keeping loved ones who have passed from moving on to learn more lessons to
some of the shit that goes down on
The dead files tv show

Getting back to getting unplugged
I am very fortunate where I live, I have a campfire
pit in my front yard. For thousands of years
Mankind spent every evening sitting around
the fire. We talked, we sang, we mourned, we partied
we star gazed
We connected.
In our modern age we have created miraculous things
I for one love all modern conveniences, but there is
some things we still need to do, like get away from it all
and be still
  • Skywatcher, Alder Logs and Heirloom like this

#23 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Student of Life

• Free Member
  • 583 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:25 PM

Panaho, I get what your saying
Mankind has a lot to learn
This is off subject
It it heart breaking to see a clear cut
and then see the damage it can create.
I have a friend who back in the eighties would buy up land
clear cut and make a bunch of money. He eventually was convicted
about what he did. He changed his ways and when he is hired to clean up some woods
If two trees were touching, he'd pick one to cut. When he's is done, the woods
look more like a park, getting rid of sick trees and making it a less of a fire danger
On the other hand, we have a big problem with beetle kill, this is when we need to clear cut
And try and arrest the devastation, not to mention fire danger
it can create
Trees and people's homes are on my mind as there are hundreds of fires going around my geographical area.

#24 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

Perhaps life does seem to pass too quickly, and death comes too soon, but eternal life as a solution has some horrendous unintended consequences.  Would any of us truly want Vlad the impaler, Osama Bin Laden, and Hitler to live forever?  Would it truly be beneficial to have unlimited time to procrastinate?  

[Direct Link]

Carpe Diem

P.S. Thank You Sachmo for seizing the day, and bringing joy to millions...including Mr.Spoon.

[Direct Link]

Edited by Spooner, 04 September 2017 - 02:25 PM.

• Lakegal7 likes this

#25 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:39 PM

The personality dies constantly.  I am not the person I was a minute ago, let alone what was in years past.  The more the essence is appreciated, the more it is apparent there is a oneness underlying all of my illusions of separateness.    The truth seems to be that I am not a person at all.  

The Hitlers really are booga men.   No one believes in them more than they themselves do.   Granted, there are great ramifications for physical life in these monsters, but how much terror comes out of our fearful storytelling?   Did not Hitler gain his rein of control just this way?    So, just because one asshole doesn't understand what he/she is, and out of his/her fear and ignorance, embodies terror, do we not emulate this mode of operation ourselves when we believe our own ideas of boogas?    Is it real, or Memorex?

Edited by Alder Logs, 04 September 2017 - 04:41 PM.

• Heirloom and Lakegal7 like this

#26 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,621 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:10 PM

I believe in life after death partly because I was taught this as a child , partly because of science - conservation of energy / mass, and I don't really know why but I guess I want to think there is more than just this

I have been thinking I will conduct an experiment and just refuse to die, though I could learn a lot more by living more lives

Funny even those who say they are 100% sure that it's better after this life, are in no hurry to get there
  • Spooner and Lakegal7 like this

#27 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,621 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:15 PM

Life is a corridor and death merely a door. – Caine
  • Alder Logs and Lakegal7 like this

#28 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:17 PM

Life is a corridor and death merely a door. – Caine

david-carradine-kung-fu.jpg

I heard that on his way out of the room, when he was interviewed for the Kung-Fu job, he kicked a point on the wall above the top of the door.

Edited by Alder Logs, 08 September 2017 - 02:34 PM.

• Coopdog, Heirloom and Lakegal7 like this

#29 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,621 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:19 PM

I heard the same thing, he is a childhood hero to me and an inspiration
  • Coopdog likes this

#30 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:27 PM

I mentioned I wanted the Kung-Fu box set once and I got it for Christmas.   I think this winter I will go through it again.   I think we both remember when it was the only Eastern outlook we could find out there in teevee land.     I watched it the first time in reruns on trips to my mom's house in the LA burbs.  It was on every day at noon, and I had lunch to it.  Since I was there about four months of the year a few times, I knew I had not seen them all, and had seen some more than once.   I year and a half ago, I saw them all for the first time.   The kid did all right for a grasshopper.

Edited by Alder Logs, 08 September 2017 - 08:31 PM.

• Heirloom and Lakegal7 like this

#31 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Student of Life

• Free Member
  • 583 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:22 PM

anyone have any thoughts/ views about reincarnation?

#32 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:43 PM

What is reincarnation?  Which aspects of life are reborn in a new body?  What part of death does not apply to humans, and does it apply to other life forms, or are all life forms reincarnated?  Interesting topic, but the particulars confuse and elude me.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and Lakegal7 like this

#33 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:14 PM

Dear Confused and Eluded,

Who, the fuck, knows?   The longer I watch, the weirder it gets that just being here isn't enough for so many.   Answer all the mind's questions and it will just think up more.   Only the heart will ever know enduring satisfaction, and it doesn't even have to die to find this out.   It knew all along.  

Reincarnation?   Something in me believes it.   That something has a small pile of beliefs.   I will offer them all right now at a one-time discount price.   Satisfaction, guaranteed.  No shit!  I promise.   Make your checks payable to the Cayman Islands Bank of Flimflammery, Acct, No. 666. 

• Spooner and Lakegal7 like this

#34 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,621 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:48 PM

I bought the box set of Kung Fu and watch still watch a show every morning to try and help me , it's better than therapy.

I could find comfort in death being the end and nothing more than being switched off forever... "a law unto myself" no right no wrong, quite freeing.

edit - I believe the Tao is God

Edited by Heirloom , 10 September 2017 - 05:04 PM.

• Alder Logs, Spooner and Lakegal7 like this

#35 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:39 PM

If I'm happy being alive, chances seem pretty good that I'll be happy being dead.    I just hope that when this body does die, I am not immediately met by someone selling reincarnation insurance.   

• Lakegal7 likes this

#36 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,575 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:04 PM

What is reincarnation?  Which aspects of life are reborn in a new body?  What part of death does not apply to humans, and does it apply to other life forms, or are all life forms reincarnated?  Interesting topic, but the particulars confuse and elude me.

Although there is an immense amount of information and even a substantial amount of evidence, I personally believe what makes sense to me. The more I read and study the subject, the less I can say I know. Not knowing is not a deterrent to the belief being strong.

I think we have to experience life for the inner spirit, (or soul if you prefer) to mature and grow. I believe we have lessons we must learn to go on, or ascend to the next level. I also think one lifetime is not enough for most.

It's my belief that those whose lives were abruptly or traumatically ended, come back to finish and heal, to repair the wounds to the inner being. I also believe there are some that return because they are needed to help another, or have the ability to help guide others to grow and become more.

I believe this is not my first lifetime in the flesh, and that when you are an "old soul", you meet others you knew from lives before, and some core of your being recognises these other old souls you had a bond with. I cannot prove any of this. It is based on my recalled experiences in this cycle. .........

• Lakegal7 likes this

#37 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,584 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:47 AM

I believe whole heartedly in reincarnation. I have been trained in past life regression and undergone many sessions myself. It's an interesting rabbit hole to explore. My oldest daughter one day wanted to go splash in the puddles when she was 3 yrs old. My wife was buckling her rain boots on, and my daughter said, "Mommy, do you remember when I was the mommy and you were the little girl?" My wife said, "No tell me about it." My daughter said that she used to button the buttons on her boots with a button hook because there were many of them, and she made this deft motion with her hand just as if she had done it a million times. She said, "We have one in the closet."

My wife asked her to show it to her. My daughter went to the closet and dug through the stuff to find a Latch Hook Rug making set, and she got in to it and pulled out the latch hook with the wooden handle, and said, "Here it is, it was just LIKE this!" Damned if it did not for all intents and purposes look exactly like an old fashioned button hook.

Interesting stuff indeed, and I could tell a few stories about my past life regression and areas I have visited here in this state besides, but it's a lot to type. Peace...

• coorsmikey, Skywatcher, Alder Logs and 1 other like this

#38 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:02 AM

Thanks Coop and Sky.  

Does that mean that some baby's get a virgin soul, while other body's get a previously used, or second hand soul?

I'm still trying to come to terms with Quantum entanglement and the non-locality of electrons, but the concept of two different types of people is also very intriguing.  Is it an advantage tp have a fresh soul with no preconceived baggage that may contain errors, or to have a used soul that may have already solved some paradoxes.

Edited by Spooner, 11 September 2017 - 03:37 AM.

• Skywatcher and Lakegal7 like this

#39 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,575 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:43 AM

I certainly would not claim to have total understanding of how reincarnation works spooner, but I do believe there are "Young" and/or new souls, and also Older souls that have been here before. I kind of cringed at the term "second hand soul", as I consider it new every time.

I believe the more past lives you have experienced, the more you have learned, (experience and karmic accumulation, molding the essence of the person). The ability to react to a situation or crisis with a deep sublevel memory of how it went wrong before, and a motivation to do it better. I think instinctive reaction has a basis in this.

I see no plus or minus to a young soul or an old soul, but IMO we retain some of the accumulated experience from past, and that would have instinctive knowledge, and spirituality, more a core kind of foundation for a person's being. Innocence is our buffer, the way we can be fresh in our perspective to be able to learn from life.

Those who remember from past experience, or lifetimes, will often see a critical crux point, that needs to be overcome.

A big part of "lightwork", is learning to forgive past wrongs, and healing on a level that transcends a single lifetime. The love needs to be spread to others as well, and even to the Earth.

It is not uncommon for a child to be born with a scar from the previous life's trauma or ending. But as I said, I think all children are born with an innocence, and even those that can remember from previous lives, retain the innocence so as to better take this life farther without a mindset that holds you back.

I know death is not a boundary, but make no claim to know or understand all the ways our core essence transcends or goes on, only that for myself that it has, and will continue until I am ready to go to the next level.

I think as a human collective, we have ascended beings that intervene at times to guide and help us with this, Angels if you will.

• Coopdog, Alder Logs, Lakegal7 and 1 other like this

#40 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:49 AM

Advantage for whom?

What does quantum entanglement suggest beyond the oneness of all that is? 

We might view this sensed experience of living as a separate experiencer, but is that our ultimate truth?  

Is the sense of identity, built from awareness's ability to be focused here or there in time, not ultimately illusion?  And, is it not the illusion which is going on, life after life, until the illusion itself is let go, in the light of its realization of the true oneness out of which it has arisen?

So long as I identify as a body, take on such limitation, I will identify every body as other, making myself into other as well.   Out of the One, the ten thousand things will seem to arise.   How many lives will it take to be the seeing of what has always been?  

When I have a body, yet remain unidentified in the stories of it, the basic awareness loses the veil of ideas about what it is, and can come into what truly is.   The body remains alive while the illusion of separation weakens.   The awareness sees the plays and continues in its expression, now knowing self as the oneness, not some measured unit of life stuff, standing alone, gaining this, losing that, life after life.  

When our individual identity is what we love, we love its illusion.    The power of that focused love of being a somebody can give rise to ten thousand lifetimes, filled with all the stories and dramas, attainments and failures.  All explanations will fall short of the reality, as in this matrix of illusion, what is will ever retreat from the mental grasp, like the tortures of Tantalus.   As we are not these bodies, we are equally, not these minds, and the mind, as identity, is the maker of separation, the generator of the illusion.  

The wheel of karma turns until, in our clear vision, it disappears.

Edited by Alder Logs, 11 September 2017 - 10:04 AM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Lakegal7 and 1 other like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!