Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Global Warming, climate change, and NO Red or Blue bullshit....

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:01 AM

That little life providing spot made human life and it began to think of ways to modify its environment (and everything else on Earth's) in its own tunnel visioned ways.

#22 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,476 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:20 AM

What is the issue with the use of the phrase "global warming" as opposed to "climate change"?

• Juthro likes this

#23 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:16 AM

I guess in "Climate Change," the glaciers aren't melting.

#24 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:17 AM

Changing? Yes......Warming?...........I dunno.....not where I'm at............Alder is frying over on the left coast.......And here by the great lakes the air conditioners weren't needed AGAIN for another summer, which makes quite a few in a row now where high temperatures DID NOT reach the 90's more than a handful of times if that..................so all the hype stories aside my experiential senses and the slice of biosphere where I plant my tomatoes have COOLING going on........measured COOLING..........

In climate change the climate changes and all kinds of things happen that are CHANGES..............things get different when that happens............

I'm glad that little tiny star is only a sub percentage of the sky. My personal interest is the MEASURED decreases in the geomagnetic field strength and the shifting pole positions. Ice melts here too and then it comes back............working for a living I'm enjoying the cool down though...............What's really going on............I dunno...........

I'm trying to get my hands on the actual DATA SETS and crunch them in a spreadsheet to try and see what that says to me. I want this information, I want measured data from data loggers that my tax dollars are paying for without any sensationalism, headlines, or blatantly tilted bias......it's proving difficult but I will do it....

A

• Sidestreet likes this

#25 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:45 AM

What is the issue with the use of the phrase "global warming" as opposed to "climate change"?

Global warming refers to the temperature across the entire globe averaged mathematically from representative locations.

Climate change refers to the changes in more localized regions where some may experience average increases or decreases in their climate including both timing of first and last frost dates as well as average temps evidenced by altered migration patterns of birds, animals, and fish.

At least that is my limited understanding of the matter.

P.S. People confuse weather and climate, they are two very different things.

Edited by Spooner, 21 September 2017 - 09:14 AM.

• Sidestreet likes this

#26 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:56 AM

Hopefully some U.S. data.................as time permits

https://www.ncdc.noa...-based-datasets

Labels usually come as result of agenda's...........did I mention I have trust issues?  :biggrin: 

A

#27 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,441 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:43 AM

I don't know if that was directed at me but, other than the need to rebrand the problem as ignorance is revealed, my comment was an homage to the flat earth "debate".

Global warming refers to the temperature across the entire globe averaged mathematically from representative locations.

In my pedestrian understanding, the idea that there is anything remotely measured as a "global average" is a misnomer. There are very few measuring stations across the planet - most of them are located in N. America, followed by Europe with a few scattered here and there. 

• Sidestreet likes this

#28 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,080 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:42 AM

Ive never seen tadpoles this late almost into fall?? There has been a change where I live spring is dry no puddles....then a bit of a wet summer then so hot and dry youd think it was California then wet fall wetter then spring....I think the toads are adapting this year we had a wet summer and a dry indian summer we have puddles and tadpoles tons of little toads more then I have ever seen spring early summer .....maybe they are breeding more cuz the weather is better maybe a handful of newly mature toads are breeding early but having a ton of babies to see how well they take to the winter (I think toads burry themselves in sand and frogs in the muck at the bottom of a pond or lake etc....but how are they gonna survive being such a young bunch

global warming remember the other year here was the coldest we have ever seen more below 40 days then ever before or in like 100 years records were broken and people say global warming my ass
.....well poor old Juthro way way up north was the warmest they have ever seen the ice broke up early things are messed up

but I do believe that nature will evolve somehow to cope but we may not be able to evolve anymore ?? That spring after the cold weather I seen more wild flower seeds then I ever seen before :) maybe they are adapted to the cold weather more ....maybe they sent forth so many seeds to make up for the flower die off due to the below 40 weather I DONT KNOW ;)
Nature still strong where I live....we take her over and she takes it back when we are done covering any evedince we were ever there just some areas take longer then others

Edited by wildedibles, 21 September 2017 - 10:44 AM.

• Arathu and Juthro like this

#29 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:48 AM

I posted this in our previous climate thread, which was extensive, but I will post it again.   I take it as a piece of evidence that the climate/weather is being dicked with (geoengineering being the technical term), big time.    While the whole rest of the world, bar a couple other places (Iran and parts of Antarctica), were continuously hotter, the one main, and largest, area of cooling was North America, east of the Rockies.   My theory is that the HAARP antenna array in Alaska was used to heat the ionosphere to create that stationary blocking high pressure off the West Coast which forced the jet stream to go north and stay there until it crossed the Rocky Mountains, where it plunged southward, bringing what should have been the Arctic air mass with it, creating what is plainly visible in central Russia, a 4.4 Celsius increase in temperature over the same years that the California drought impacted that economy, in the most politically liberal of states (sorry about the red/blue bullshit).   So, Rush Limbaugh and friends in the MSM got to spend years asking, "what warming?"   Well, the rest of the globe's, sirs.

This is why I wrote above: "with the advent of geoengineering, all climate models went out the window."

gallery_131808_1351_34273.gif

So, we have that blocking high in place for years, meanwhile, our skies look like this:

chemtrail92373983933-1.jpg

Edited by Alder Logs, 21 September 2017 - 10:49 AM.

• Arathu and wildedibles like this

#30 MycoMan

MycoMan

"Mycophiliac"

• Expired Member
  • 368 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:12 AM

I'm just glad I won't be around for whatever happens in the end :tongue: I love mother Earth though and I do believe in climate change but there is so much info here that I have nothing of relevance to put out, out of knowledge and I don't wanna copy and paste stuff from the internet because I, like you have trust issues :tinfoil:  Believe HALF of what you see and NOTHING you hear is what I live by, see it with my own eyes everywhere. With picture's and record this and record that from family member's living in those areas but I can't live 150yrs to watch the climate's patterns change. I do know it's real and F* the politics and conspiracy theories I believe 100% it to be real and happening. 

I also believe it's being manipulated and or as a consequence to weather control... HAARP, in Alaska there are vast arrays of antennas to generate different frequencies to disrupt and change climate/weather like with hurricanes, seeing ripples or waves because the use of HAARP. They also built it in remote Alaska because with all the antennas and energy it needs it puts out a lot of heat! Alaska, out of sight out of mind, with cooling advantages for these huge arrays. They also use different chemical aerosol's and particals in the regions general surrounding atmosphere that they are trying to manipulate to produce rain...like California got a lot of this year almost to much I work with produce so I have seen the daily availability report's in different regions of the u.s.a. but anyways that them chem trails up in the sky they aren't helping either.

I found this to be interesting off a first hand account of a man and chem trails and him belonging to the 2% of the population with heightened smell and taste. Anyways I am a believer of climate change and weather manipulation.

http://globalskywatc...ml#.WcPjKNFlDIU

MM

• wildedibles and Alder Logs like this

#31 MycoMan

MycoMan

"Mycophiliac"

• Expired Member
  • 368 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:13 AM

I posted this in our previous climate thread, which was extensive, but I will post it again.   I take it as a piece of evidence that the climate/weather is being dicked with (geoengineering being the technical term), big time.    While the whole rest of the world, bar a couple other places (Iran and parts of Antarctica), were continuously hotter, the one main, and largest, area of cooling was North America, east of the Rockies.   My theory is that the HAARP antenna array in Alaska was used to heat the ionosphere to create that stationary blocking high pressure off the West Coast which forced the jet stream to go north and stay there until it crossed the Rocky Mountains, where it plunged southward, bringing what should have been the Arctic air mass with it, creating what is plainly visible in central Russia, a 4.4 Celsius increase in temperature over the same years that the California drought impacted that economy, in the most politically liberal of states (sorry about the red/blue bullshit).   So, Rush Limbaugh and friends in the MSM got to spend years asking, "what warming?"   Well, the rest of the globe's, sirs.

This is why I wrote above: "with the advent of geoengineering, all climate models went out the window."

gallery_131808_1351_34273.gif

So, we have that blocking high in place for years, meanwhile, our skies look like this:

chemtrail92373983933-1.jpg

It took me awhile to type it out but it seems our minds clicked at the same time I just got done with my post about geo engineering haha

• wildedibles likes this

#32 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:17 AM

Good stuff Alder................please don't apologize for your passion.................some of the red and blue is in fact NOT bullshit.................

This is the point of this thread.................and I'm sorry if we are rehashing things that have already been done............

A

• wildedibles, Alder Logs and MycoMan like this

#33 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:28 AM

In July 2014, Landsat 8 captured the isolated island of protected forest around New Zealand's Mt. Taranaki in Egmont National Park surrounded by once-forested pasture lands.

1415994816005_wps_6_The_sanctuaries_of_E

Here's a good bit of the Amazon basin:

1200px--Amazon_Deforestation_in_Rondonia

This cools the air and the surface and collects great amounts of carbon:

aerial-view-of-an-evergreen-forest-paul-

What does this do?

PIA02679_ip.jpg

The reflectivity and heat collecting nature of the surface has been altered on a very large scale.   Desertification has taken place on a larger scale.   A case in point is, much of the southwest desert was grasslands when the Spanish introduced goats, sheep, and longhorns.  I wrote of this and provided documentation in the old climate thread.  Animal agriculture is more devastating today than it was then, but it was bad enough before we had tractors and chainsaws.  

This was grasslands and streams before the Spanish invasion.   Now it's arroyos and scrub.   When the grass went, the water table dropped out of reach of the willows and cottonwoods along the streams that dried up.   But, we had beef and mutton for a time.

gallery_131808_1351_63701.jpg

Edited by Alder Logs, 21 September 2017 - 11:34 AM.

• Sidestreet, wildedibles and MycoMan like this

#34 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:29 AM

I have a stone circle that I built at the North of my yard which is oriented to the stars and the rising/setting equinox sun AS IN TODAY the sun rises and sets over my Eastern (rise) and Western (set) stones............it did again and it will this evening. Polaris IS still behind my northern stone which is marked with an Othala Rune...........it is always there in my very short time limited experience. Going forward I will continue to return to this circle for my baseline perceptions and at the same time I value ALL of your inputs to this. 

What is "real" and what is "not real"..................damned good question...............is that high powered jet engine exhaust or sprays? Is the exhaust that creates persistent clouds the same thing? I don't know...............can one transmit enough energy via antenna arrays (given inverse square observation) to heat things of such magnitude at distance has not been my experience to date and I work in the field. Are there alternative sources of energy and can they be controlled..........quite possibly but I can't YET........................I pray for the day that I can...............

Is the climate of earth changing? My answer today is YES.............Shauberger spoke specifically to the deforestation, it effects, and the living waters, and I believe him.............

A

Edited by Arathu, 21 September 2017 - 11:33 AM.

• wildedibles and Juthro like this

#35 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,154 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:25 PM

I'm just a simple man, and I don't pretend to know any answers. But where I live I can see that things are changing, and the rate of change is increasing (at least in the localized areas I can see). Is it mans fault, is it just part of a bigger cycle then our brains and time on planet will allow us to see?

I ponder these questions, but in the end I don't know, and even if I did, I doubt that I could change anything.

Glaciers are retreating at record rates, permafrost is melting, sea-levels are rising..... These are things I see clearly in my little world. Do I think mankind is directly responsible, does it matter, is there anything we (or I) can do about it...? I don't have the answers to these things.

So for my own mental wellbeing, and my belief in karma, I will continue to live a modest life, making as little negative (or at least what I perceive as negative) impact as possible. But I seriously doubt that my entire life's efforts will amount to a measurable change, one way or the other, in the big picture.
  • Sidestreet, pharmer, Arathu and 2 others like this

#36 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:02 PM

When Miami goes under water, Juthro will be living in the new Miami.

Edited by Spooner, 21 September 2017 - 02:05 PM.

• Sidestreet, wildedibles and Juthro like this

#37 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:23 PM

I hope he has some cutoffs and sunscreen.........................

I'm pretty sure our immediate comments fall under the definition of facetious...........

A

• wildedibles, Juthro and Spooner like this

#38 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,154 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:50 PM

I wonder what will become of my snowblower....?

#39 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:57 PM

While the tsunami may not have been anthropogenic, Fukushima was.   Will a dead Pacific Ocean have any affect on the climate?    Here's a YouTube search on "Fukushima 2017."

https://www.youtube....=fukushima 2017

#40 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,798 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:11 PM

Yep, that one worries me. The Pacific covers some huge fraction of the planet, IIRC over 60%, which is a spectacular amount of water. But I'm dubious that even that much water can suffer all that ongoing radiation without a significant cost. I'm surprised we haven't seen three headed fish washing up on the shore at Seattle. Man, that story has gone down the memory hole   :(

Back on topic - maybe we're looking at the warming idea through the wrong end of the telescope. The core of the earth is a seething cauldron of molten rock. How can it NOT be that the magma not effect the temperature of our flimsy ass atmosphere???  Minor changes down there could make minor changes up here, no? If what we're told about magma chambers under volcanoes being in a state of perpetual flux is correct then whatever heat fluctuations within must necessarily effect that which is without.

Edited by pharmer, 21 September 2017 - 05:14 PM.

• Arathu likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!