Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Global Warming, climate change, and NO Red or Blue bullshit....

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 562 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:04 PM

we   called it summer an winter when i was a kid . ha

i have no clue whether  man effects the climate or causes global warming , i'm guessing no.

i vote fore the sun ,ha

but i  do know  the  east and west coast lefty propaganda channels like MSNBC and CNN will report constantly that the entire Midwest is a dry  roasting barren disaster ,

THE TRUTH  for years now In most of the region its been cooler and wetter crop production up 30%

i watched MSNBC Go on and on one day about the drought  in my region . ...truth at that very moment they were polluting the airwaves with false propaganda there were floods in five neighboring states due to record rainfall .

why is the left so invested in there  false weather reports  ? THE SKY IS FALLING Story....  that they have to constantly lie about it ?

what are they gaining ,,  CONTROL  , POWER , DOLLARS is my guess.

man  can be a dirty polluting pig ,,  change the weather on a global scale ,,,,,,,probably not.

observe and think for yourself .

sorry if i offended any one .

• Arathu and DualWieldRake like this

#62 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:33 PM

i have no clue whether  man effects the climate or causes global warming , i'm guessing no.

At least you admit that you are guessing.

There is data derived from recorded measurements that indicates change occurs within weather systems when the inputs are altered.

The extent of that change may be discussed, but to claim that no change occurs, is contrary to the empirical evidence.

Of course this assumes that you respond to facts, not all people do.

#63 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,069 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 February 2018 - 01:21 PM

I have an image here that while not totally current, hasn't changed all that much in the past three years.  Northeastern Asia has begun to have a bit of anomalous cooling, but North America, between the Rockies and the Atlantic, is still the greatest cooling anomaly on Earth.   Everywhere else is warmer, including where I am on the PNW Coast.  We haven't had much cold here since the late '70s.  

It is my 'guess' that the decades old stationary blocking high pressure zone off the West Coast is being set up by the HAARP array in Alaska, which has all but totally continuously been blocking the jet stream and diverting it north and up over BC and Alberta where, when past the Rockies, plunges south as a reactionary natural meander where it keeps dragging cold Arctic air.   Meanwhile, California gets drought, and the PNW gets clouds and rain from warmed Pacific waters.   Most of the country says, "what global warming," while the rest of the world stays hotter, record year after record year.  

Cui bono?  The military-industrial-security state complex is who would want to keep the oil supply consumption and the pollutions, which it leads the world in, using these as it does to stay in power.  Just a guess, mind you, just a guess.

gallery_131808_1351_34273.gif

Edited by Alder Logs, 04 February 2018 - 01:27 PM.

• Arathu likes this

#64 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:23 PM

I've been a conservative for all of my adult life but the conservatives opposition to global warming really leaves me scratching my head.  When we start putting Rush Limbaugh and the like on the same level as scientists we've got serious problems.

You can look at the ice core studies on this matter.  The global warming cycle began about 1500 hundred years ago and started to spike during the industrial revolution.  It would seem then that human activity aggravated a naturally occurring cycle.

The freak cold weather being seen around the planet is due to jet streams shifting.  A process which will have unpredictable results for sure.  The jet stream for North America comes up the West coast and pushes arctic air back down into the mid Western states.  Often Alaska and Florida will have similar temps in the winter for this reason.

This isn't to say that Al Gore and the like aren't trying to scam the system with their ideas on how to fix it.  And it may be hubris to say it can be fixed.  Even IF you could get India and China to cut back on emissions there is still that pesky ol sun to deal with.  Personally I say we send it a sternly worded letter.

I have heard Rush Limbaugh say the most outlandish things in regards to this matter.  One day he said there are MORE glaciers than ever before.  Which is true.  It is true because the LARGE glaciers are melting making many SMALL glaciers.  This is such hyperbole that it makes me question the man's mental state.

We can debate the causes of global warming but to say it isn't happening is not based in reality.  Scientists keep detailed records on this stuff.  And yet talk show hosts can get up on their podium and say its all lies.

Its a scary time when opinion is on the same level as science but that is where we are at.

I live at elevation and lets just say its a cool gardening climate.  I remember freezing my dick off when I moved here in 2001 and it simply is not the same weather as when I moved here.

Edited by OysterFarmer, 04 February 2018 - 08:26 PM.

• Sidestreet and Spooner like this

#65 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,069 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:30 PM

In the '70s here, I got shit loads of sap from the big leaf maple trees.   That stopped in the '80s when it stopped getting cold enough for the sap to run anymore.  Never again has it been cold enough here for that.    The thing I remember most about the '80s was riding my motorcycles all winter. 

#66 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,436 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:46 AM

I've been a conservative for all of my adult life but the conservatives opposition to global warming really leaves me scratching my head.  When we start putting Rush Limbaugh and the like on the same level as scientists we've got serious problems.

You can look at the ice core studies on this matter.  The global warming cycle began about 1500 hundred years ago and started to spike during the industrial revolution.  It would seem then that human activity aggravated a naturally occurring cycle.

The freak cold weather being seen around the planet is due to jet streams shifting.  A process which will have unpredictable results for sure.  The jet stream for North America comes up the West coast and pushes arctic air back down into the mid Western states.  Often Alaska and Florida will have similar temps in the winter for this reason.

This isn't to say that Al Gore and the like aren't trying to scam the system with their ideas on how to fix it.  And it may be hubris to say it can be fixed.  Even IF you could get India and China to cut back on emissions there is still that pesky ol sun to deal with.  Personally I say we send it a sternly worded letter.

I have heard Rush Limbaugh say the most outlandish things in regards to this matter.  One day he said there are MORE glaciers than ever before.  Which is true.  It is true because the LARGE glaciers are melting making many SMALL glaciers.  This is such hyperbole that it makes me question the man's mental state.

We can debate the causes of global warming but to say it isn't happening is not based in reality.  Scientists keep detailed records on this stuff.  And yet talk show hosts can get up on their podium and say its all lies.

Its a scary time when opinion is on the same level as science but that is where we are at.

I live at elevation and lets just say its a cool gardening climate.  I remember freezing my dick off when I moved here in 2001 and it simply is not the same weather as when I moved here.

One issue is that climate "science" doesn't necessarily follow the scientific method. It's practically computer science. Writing software to target an outcome and plugging in data you choose isn't really following the scientific method. It's not falsifiable.

It is easy to obtain confirmations, or verifications, for nearly every theory—if we look for confirmations. Confirmations should count only if they are the result of risky predictions... A theory which is not refutable by any conceivable event is non-scientific. Irrefutability is not a virtue of a theory (as people often think) but a vice. Every genuine test of a theory is an attempt to falsify it, or refute it. -Karl Popper

• Juthro and Microbe like this

#67 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,149 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:14 AM

Climate has been changing for some. Anyone who has spent much time oudoors over the last 30 years can see that. But I don't agree with all the political rhetoric.
  • Juthro likes this

#68 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,149 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:15 AM

For some time I meant.

#69 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:51 PM

In the '70s here, I got shit loads of sap from the big leaf maple trees.   That stopped in the '80s when it stopped getting cold enough for the sap to run anymore.  Never again has it been cold enough here for that.    The thing I remember most about the '80s was riding my motorcycles all winter. 

Aren't you in the pacific northwest?  I grew up in Oregon and I look at the street I grew up on using Google Earth and damn if it doesn't look like Eastern Oregon now.  Instead of Douglas fir its now pine.  And the grass is all dead from the heat in the summer apparently.  When I lived there decades ago it rained not daily but weekly for sure.  If you went more than a couple weeks without rain it was a drought.

#70 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:53 PM

I fail to see how ice cores are not science.  Drilling a mile or miles long tube out of ice laid down over millenia is as sciency as it gets.  These ice cores are subjected to detailed chemical analysis.  These are done at different locations around the planet to corelate results.

• Microbe likes this

#71 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,069 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:36 PM

I'm in the coastal hills, thirty miles from the ocean on the Washington side of the Columbia.    We had the California drought reach all the way to here a few summers out of the past six or eight.    Really destroyed much of the wild mushroom pick, even in the wet falls. 

#72 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,436 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:53 AM

Ice core sampling is, as you say sciency. It's just not reasonable to construct a whole AGW theory based on it.

#73 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,069 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:18 PM

It's my personal bias as a scientific outsider and heretic that the geological records are read with so much researcher bias as to not be trusted far.  The doctrine in science of uniformitarianism generally skews geological age out of the notion that things have long remained generally constant, when the evidence of extreme episodic catastrophes has often been ignored.   The man-made component of the catastrophe I am currently witnessing skews some readings of the record in ways different to each man's personal bias.    Shit's changing in my time here.   I think the manipulations of Earth's surface, changes to its thermal reflectivity and permeability alone would constitute grounds to accept AGW, the atmospheric corruption with man-made chemicals aside.  

Whatever we all think and believe, here we are and the shit coming down the pike don't look encouraging.   But, given a nuclear war breaking out, we might actually cop to man's influence being a factor.    Good night, and good luck.

Edited by Alder Logs, 06 February 2018 - 01:22 PM.

#74 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:39 PM

That sucks.  I used to grow pot in the woods not far from there on the Oregon side.  Perfect pot climate.  Wet springs dry falls. 

Edited by OysterFarmer, 06 February 2018 - 02:39 PM.

#75 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2018 - 01:38 AM

Holy Tobasco Batman!

[Direct Link]

Now that is what I call a crisis, or perhaps just time to plant on higher ground...

#76 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,365 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:08 PM

Holy Tobasco Batman!

Now that is what I call a crisis, or perhaps just time to plant on higher ground...

Building below sea level next to the coast is always a good idea. Tobasco isn't even the best hot sauce in Louisiana. :tongue:

• Spooner likes this

#77 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,351 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:42 PM

a2900131d85d369dcca6c066475ceb99.gif
  • Juthro and av8or like this

#78 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,069 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:56 PM

It was an axis shift, and no, I don't know how they did it.

• Microbe likes this

#79 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,351 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:51 PM

It was an axis shift, and no, I don't know how they did it.

You sure do......you simply will not share it with us!

#80 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,069 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:20 PM

"Give me a long enough lever and a place to stand, and I will move the earth."

~Archimedes

• Microbe likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!