5 replies to this topic

#1 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,510 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:33 AM

Yep you read that right making paper outa animal poop ....people are doing it now! :) ....just remember the paper drinking cups are not made outa poop paper ;) lol

[Direct Link]

These people have Ellephants, Cow and Horse If I remember right so they use these poops

There is a person making Moose Poop Paper but they are not on Youtube that I can find maybe a web search....?? ....all I can find is where to buy a bunch of diff animal poop

It is a great idea it saves farming trees as the work is allready done in the animal you just have to well extract it? anyway I had to mention this here cuz the waste product from this paper is :)
Water and Fertilizer !!
perfect if you can get poop that has fiber for free or next to it ....feed the animals or collect it ......

i also hadd to mention this cuz it was posted here

https://mycotopia.ne...ungi/?p=1333430

about fungi material and well this doesnt fit there but I think it needs to be mentioned here
my hubby heard about a 20something guy doing this with Moose poop and doing well ...He learned from his Dad that did it for a hobby but his kid steped it up using rollers and such drying fans so he can make more and keep up with supply...ok I have to go look this up....still cant find this guy I will post it if I can find it ...but the video on ellephant poo shows how its done well ...they did mention that they have machine made paper too but the handmade stuff is great learning for the kids hands on learning ....gotta love youtube :)

Edited by wildedibles, 09 September 2017 - 08:57 AM.

• Skywatcher, Juthro and Spooner like this

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,319 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:02 AM

I happen to really like the paper made from elephant dung. Any herbivore animal dung makes very good paper. I would not recommend trying it with carnivore dung. (not enough fiber).

Once it has been processed it is clean and has a good heavy weight, as long as it has been pressed thick enough. 

Think of all the trees that could be saved from paper mills...............

• wildedibles, Juthro and Spooner like this

#3 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:04 PM

Once it has been processed it is clean and has a good heavy weight, as long as it has been pressed thick enough. 

Too bad it has been "processed clean".  I would prefer it with all the microbes still in it. 

Then I could put it down as a weed blocker and fertilizer between my asparagus rows.

• coorsmikey and wildedibles like this

#4 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,510 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:51 PM

Too bad it has been "processed clean".  I would prefer it with all the microbes still in it. 
Then I could put it down as a weed blocker and fertilizer between my asparagus rows.
great idea!!
It prob be good for mushrooms too :)
It be alot healthier then newspaper Ive tried that and its not goof for everything weeding and mulching for flowers yes but not veggies I think the added poop and no soya dyes like in the newspaper it be all cool :)
  • Spooner likes this

#5 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,510 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2017 - 05:47 PM

Ive been thinking more about this ..... if I could collect just my rabbit poo without the pine shavings I would try this .....you would need water to soften it all up and there be some run off still for the plants ... but you could keep much of the poop water on / in the final paper product to use in the garden to keep down weeds
....I was thinking about not heating it up too much but rabbits peob eat lots of seeds in the weeds I give them and they may pass out undisturbed to be placed in the paper causing more weeds ...but heating this would stop that
  • Spooner likes this

#6 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:34 PM

Weeds in paper might not be too bad if the roots don't get a firm hold of the soil underneath, but weeds are tough characters...

• wildedibles likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!