• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 mrPete

mrPete

Ms.Wowzers

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:10 AM

greetings and salutations from the Priaries. im a 30 yr old male from sasks butthole. ever since my first mushroom trip at the age of 18 with a 4 gram dose iv bin in love with shrooms.
about three months ago i was smoking dope and watching you tube vids late at night and came across mr.Willy Myco talking about and reviewing grow kits and i was floored that i could grow my very own mushies. after a bit of reading and a few of Willys videos i decided i should give it a try. so i checked out the shroomery and read in a few places to forget the grow kits and build my own. so i did! and had great success with brf cakes. i now have a closet full of mono tubs and a cubord full of mason jars.
my friends were all over me for a good trip, i realized brf cakes dont yeild enough for me and all my friends. so i decided to step up my game. im here to learn bulk teks of diffrent sorts and what not. im a very experienced tripper but not the best grower...yet!!! iv watched most of what youtube has to offer and did ok on brf cakes. noone around my town has any knowlege on mycology and im here to learn what i can. help a fellow trip team memeber please.
  • Sidestreet, Spooner and wharfrat like this

#2 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,223 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:37 AM

Welcome to Topia Pete............you should be able to find the information you're looking for here.........the vaults are incredible and the collective knowledge superb...........

Topia...a legitimate institution of higher learning...........

A

• mrPete likes this

#3 mrPete

mrPete

Ms.Wowzers

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:54 AM

i plan on changing for the better and i never knew mushies were the answer. im glad to be apart of ths great site.

#4 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 4,342 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:40 AM

Howdy and welcome
Glad you found us
Got a few trip team members round out hollar
I think you will find what you are looking for

#5 MycoMan

MycoMan

"Mycophiliac"

• Black VIP
  • 364 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:18 PM

Well you have certainly come to the right place with some good knowledgeable folks here. Welcome friend,

#6 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 752 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:58 PM

have you noticed how much melon heads look like mushrooms? not the year for gang green so you may as well be growing schrooms this fall. Welcome aboard. Not sure but you can check to see if panaeolus cintulus are native to Sask. (I think they are) they are as potent as Cubensis. Always best to work with the local naturalized schrooms if you can. good luck.

#7 mrPete

mrPete

Ms.Wowzers

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:36 PM

naw i dont think it is man. not many besides the death cap is native to sask, i think... il check

#8 mrPete

mrPete

Ms.Wowzers

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:38 PM

yeah pretty much only the death cap. and i dont wanna risk my life with something named so lol

#9 Articulas

Articulas

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:32 PM

Hello, im new to this forum as well. The folks here are pretty cool. :biggrin:  

#10 mrPete

mrPete

Ms.Wowzers

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:36 PM

ita a great and helpful place. ppl are very nice. i talked to a mod who was a lil grumpy lol but he was good shit in the end.
  • Spooner likes this

#11 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 752 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:14 PM

naw i dont think it is man. not many besides the death cap is native to sask, i think... il check

Here is the current list for Alberta and if it will grow here it ought to grow a little farther east. might be worth trying to naturalize. Check out soccer fields or any well manicured and fertilized lawns you might find some there the time of year is good right now.

Alberta
Conocybe kuehneriana
Gymnopilus junonius
Gymnopilus luteofolius
Gymnopilus sp.
Panaeolus cinctulus
Panaeolus sp.

#12 mrPete

mrPete

Ms.Wowzers

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:26 PM

i plan on going wild shroom hunting this weekend in the park outside of town. a woman has horses out that way too... il deffy try some soccer fields too. thanks man.

#13 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 5,339 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:36 PM

welcome aboard  :biggrin:

#14 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:00 AM

Welcome amigo, hope your foraging is successful, just be careful to ID correctly with spore print if necessary.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!