• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 mrPete

mrPete

Mr.Wowzers

• Free Member
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:16 PM

will polly fill hold up under the 15psi? innoculation holes...

#22 MycoMan

MycoMan

"Mycophiliac"

• Black VIP
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:09 PM

of course i used the lids.. i put tiny inoculation/breathing holes in the lid too. and i doubled up cause i could see thru the felt so i wanted to make sure it did the job properly after sticking a needle thru it.

I punch or cut circles or squares slightly larger then GE hole and then attach it with a piece of micropore tape. I think it is almost as effective as SFD's and IMO it is better then tyvek.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I double layer my fae holes with MP tape with 2 layers....I'm afraid to use cotton in case it's carrying some spores or bacteria and tyvek I have just never used before maybe not knock it til I try it but my favorite is to cut out holes the size of jar lids and glue gun some filter disks for fae I like em' sorry to rant on your comment.

#23 MycoMan

MycoMan

"Mycophiliac"

• Black VIP
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:10 PM

will polly fill hold up under the 15psi? innoculation holes...

Yes sure will, I put a center hold and polyfil in the lid, cover with coffe filter and a rubberband and shes ready for cooking.

• mrPete likes this

#24 mrPete

mrPete

Mr.Wowzers

• Free Member
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:23 PM

il add the coffee filter n rubber band too thanks... getting my PC tonight at 6:30. 22qt pesto ;)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20170915_154431.jpg

• MycoMan likes this

#25 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 4,238 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:42 PM

Woo hoo first PC
I remember mine! It was a my parents and was ancient but worked well
  • MycoMan and mrPete like this

#26 mrPete

mrPete

Mr.Wowzers

• Free Member
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:45 PM

yeah man!! lol never thought id be so stoked over a dam pot lol... got my T5 light for my san pedro. cactus will be here in another 10 days... then found out we got peruvian torch for sale for 55$ down the street lmao

#27 MycoMan

MycoMan

"Mycophiliac"

• Black VIP
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:45 PM

Mine was from a finger hug catalog but did the job well haha gonna get an All American whence I have saved up.

• mrPete likes this

#28 Microbe

Microbe

Citizen Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,879 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:51 PM

of course i used the lids.. i put tiny inoculation/breathing holes in the lid too. and i doubled up cause i could see thru the felt so i wanted to make sure it did the job properly after sticking a needle thru it.

I punch or cut circles or squares slightly larger then GE hole and then attach it with a piece of micropore tape. I think it is almost as effective as SFD's and IMO it is better then tyvek.

I double layer my fae holes with MP tape with 2 layers....I'm afraid to use cotton in case it's carrying some spores or bacteria and tyvek I have just never used before maybe not knock it til I try it but my favorite is to cut out holes the size of jar lids and glue gun some filter disks for fae I like em' sorry to rant on your comment.
I will never use silicone or any other adhesive every again to glue filters onto my plastic lids other then loctite's GO2 glue. It's clean to work with and sets up like concrete. Of coarse it specifies a much lower working temp then that of a PC but it holds up, I promise.

Thanks @needles for the recommendation on this glue.

#29 mrPete

mrPete

Mr.Wowzers

• Free Member
  • 177 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:31 AM

The brf cakes I made up before i bought my PC.
NO FELT (verm layer filter) poly fill- some are starting to give a smell.
WITH FELT x2 peices ( no verm layer/poly) >ALL< smell fine.
these jars were noc'd up 1 day apart.
now that i got a good PC I got talked into WBS and prolly wont go back to cakes..
BUT the felt seems to be doing a hell of a job. these cakes are two weeks old.
5-250ml ( 3 got a slight pungent smell )
10-150ml ( all have no smell )
I got tyvec now but the felt seems to be holding up fine.. il use tyvek but js the felt works too.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!