• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 mrPete

mrPete

Ms.Wowzers

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:14 AM

so im sitting here enjoying a 1.5 shoorm buzz, watching fear and loathing in las vagas... got me thinking about mescaline.. after reading about the san perdro cactus i realized i can buy a baby cacti for 18$!! boy oh boy.... what am i getting myself into...lol well i placed the order!!! even if it takes a few years to reach the 12+ inches needed great!!!! it sounds so easy to make too.. i guess peyote is legal here in oh canada as well.. next payday ;)
  • Sidestreet, phlegmbae, Coopdog and 1 other like this

#2 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,609 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:51 AM

It's been a while since I looked, but you can buy cuttings from adult cacti and make your tea or extract without waiting for a whole cactus to grow!

• phlegmbae, Coopdog, Spooner and 2 others like this

#3 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,564 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:08 PM

yeah, you can buy all those cacti in Canada, and I would suggest doing just that.....I tried to ship a bridgesii there from here in the states....it never made it through customs, even labeled as cereus peruvianus.....So, they don't allow the importing of said magical cacti....

Edited by fungi2bwith, 13 September 2017 - 12:09 PM.

• Coopdog and mrPete like this

#4 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 476 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:24 PM

Fungi2bwith its not magical cacti that are banned from import in canada, any living plant customs find are destine for the incinerator unless you have proper paper work.

just curious what size cactus for 18 bucks? seeds are cheap. i can give you a canadian supplier, that i get really good germ rates on that that carries basically mescaline cactus seeds, cheap to if your not looking anything terribly special. pm me if your interested.

just posted an update of my collection here https://mycotopia.ne...welcome/page-51 im using artificial lights and ive got under 60 bucks into seeds, my bigger san pedros should be at 1.5 to  2 feet by year 2 and at year 2 my peyote should be big enough to trip on.

not trying to stop you from buying a living cactus, but seeds are another option and are fairly easy to start and if you run into problems lots of people on here to help.

• Coopdog and mrPete like this

#5 mrPete

mrPete

Ms.Wowzers

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:30 PM

its coming from burnaby bc canada no customs to worrie about. and its 6 inches tall. havent looked into the peyote seeds yet..
i realize i can buy big cuttings too. maybe il do that aslo so i dont gotta wait two years. but il love taking care of plants. what type of light do you use?
  • Coopdog likes this

#6 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 476 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:36 PM

i use 23watt 5000k cfl's, basically glued to chop sticks. but once my san pedros get to 9 or 10inchs there too big for cfl's and they spend the summer outside and winter dormant in a window sill. i would not think it will take you long to get that 6" guy up to a foot or two with some good soil and love.

• Coopdog likes this

#7 mrPete

mrPete

Ms.Wowzers

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

im looking into some 126w leds on amazon. what you think?

#8 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 476 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:26 PM

plants dont see most leds as light, unless they are super expensive grow lights, CFL, t5 and HID are the main grow lights, and the taller your cacti get you need to move into HID or sunshine.

• Coopdog likes this

#9 mrPete

mrPete

Ms.Wowzers

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:06 PM

so simple putting it infront of a window wont do i assume?
  • Coopdog likes this

#10 mrPete

mrPete

Ms.Wowzers

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:07 PM

this chick and hen sits infront my window and dose fine.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1505347659316-595000675.jpg

#11 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 476 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:10 PM

yeah it will, lots of people do it!

but im in canada long dark nights, need to cut back the water in the winter.

• Coopdog likes this

#12 mrPete

mrPete

Ms.Wowzers

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:12 PM

fuggin eh, eh! il just buy a few diffrent cactus and make a lil cacti table no one will ever know
  • Coopdog and Pan1 like this

#13 mrPete

mrPete

Ms.Wowzers

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:15 PM

im in saskatchewn so i know all about the short winter days lol

#14 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:43 AM

...and long summer days for happy plants.

• mrPete likes this

#15 mrPete

mrPete

Ms.Wowzers

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:55 AM

san pedro was shipped today! cant wait
  • Coopdog likes this

#16 mrPete

mrPete

Ms.Wowzers

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:55 AM

soon my love

#17 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,123 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:46 AM

Got my first cactus 6-7 years ago. They are living entities with huge spirits. I am in WA state, and after a long dry summer we were expecting rain finally. I brought mine inside for the winter yesterday and glad I did as it rained tonight. Mine wintered over very well in front of a South facing Sliding glass patio door, but now the containers are too big to keep there so last year I put them in my bathroom and covered the window so they are in darkness unless the light is on. A couple of them grew a little over last winter as I did not entirely cover the window, and they had too much light to go into total hibernation. A couple of mine are almost a foot taller than the counter top now and are a good 4-5 inches thick.

I highly suggest getting a few more mature cuttings to go with the seedlings you got. Buy a couple of tops and a few center cuts and you will have some to brew up and a couple tops to grow out. They are addictive to grow, and it was so odd when I got up to use the restroom last night I had the distinct impression that they were offended that I interrupted their dark cycle with the bathroom light lol. They are definitely interactive with your consciousness in more ways than one.

Welcome to the world of cactus propagation. It's a very rewarding hobby and it is very discreet as long as you are growing Trichs. Nobody knows what they are nor how magical they are. You should look for Bridgessii or Peruvianis as they are 2 and 3 times stronger gram for gram as San Pedros. However I LOVE the San Pedro experience as it is so much more laid back and comfortable, or at least it has been from my own cuttings.

Peace...

• Heirloom and mrPete like this

#18 mrPete

mrPete

Ms.Wowzers

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:55 AM

Got my first cactus 6-7 years ago. They are living entities with huge spirits. I am in WA state, and after a long dry summer we were expecting rain finally. I brought mine inside for the winter yesterday and glad I did as it rained tonight. Mine wintered over very well in front of a South facing Sliding glass patio door, but now the containers are too big to keep there so last year I put them in my bathroom and covered the window so they are in darkness unless the light is on. A couple of them grew a little over last winter as I did not entirely cover the window, and they had too much light to go into total hibernation. A couple of mine are almost a foot taller than the counter top now and are a good 4-5 inches thick.

I highly suggest getting a few more mature cuttings to go with the seedlings you got. Buy a couple of tops and a few center cuts and you will have some to brew up and a couple tops to grow out. They are addictive to grow, and it was so odd when I got up to use the restroom last night I had the distinct impression that they were offended that I interrupted their dark cycle with the bathroom light lol. They are definitely interactive with your consciousness in more ways than one.

Welcome to the world of cactus propagation. It's a very rewarding hobby and it is very discreet as long as you are growing Trichs. Nobody knows what they are nor how magical they are. You should look for Bridgessii or Peruvianis as they are 2 and 3 times stronger gram for gram as San Pedros. However I LOVE the San Pedro experience as it is so much more laid back and comfortable, or at least it has been from my own cuttings.

Peace...

Its funny cause the day after i ordered the san pedro i found out there is a pet store in town that has the Torch for sale for 55$. all these cactus are fully legal to grow/harvest/and use in canada.. im pretty sure most ppl dont know how many diffrent psycheldelic cactus there is and that they are 100% legal... im 30 years old and i dont know a single person who knows about these magical fruits... i only found out about this a week ago.. told my buddy iwas gunna grow some mescaline... he had no idea what i was talking about, hes 38 yr old... its a huge hidden secret around here and im gunna keep it that way all to myself lol
  • Coopdog likes this

#19 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:44 PM

If you would turn the heat up a bit, I would come live there.   :biggrin: 

#20 mrPete

mrPete

Ms.Wowzers

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:54 PM

lmao yeah the winters are stupid cold, you can throw a cup of hot water in the air and its frozen before it hits the ground or turns to crystalized droplets

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!