10 replies to this topic

#1 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2006 - 01:52 PM

got alot of ?s :eusa_thin and would like some input. :teeth: -:eusa_thin ? #1- can straw or poo be successfully nocced and colonized usin LC? (no colnizd grain at moment) not neccessarily in bulk,just enough to start the process for the transfer to bulk.:eusa_thin ?#2 will straw be as quick to colonize from lc as grain? :eusa_thin ?#3 lets say 2 oven bags of approx 1.5-2 qts each 24hr soaked,bleach soak,rinse,drain 4hrs.. etc.. WBS. To each bag was added 1-2cups dry verm and 1 cup dry peat.(im havin hard time with wet spot in wbs prepped like this). pc'd this for 1hr at 15-20 psi. the bags looked plenty wet inside when they went in.(forgot to cut inside of bag where filter patch was applied. duh) so the bags come out with wbs lookin ok, the verm was pretty dry, and the peat was bone dry. i nocced with 24cc lc in one and 12cc in other. what do ya think? little help would be appreciated.

#2 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 04:02 PM

i've seen straw and poo done in jars like cakes from LC

#3 Elf Salvation

Elf Salvation

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 723 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:21 PM

If your LC is good then you will know within a few days if it will work. LC strikes fast when done right.

Best of luck Foster

#4 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:50 AM

thanks hip, elf. aus lc looks like monster cottonball cloud in a crystal clear karo sea.. i like,very much! hehe now how bout my bags? what to do, what to do? all pc'd and lookin dry. start fresh? re pc addin water? (that means i wasted 36cc lc.) well thnks guys. peace fosterbilly

#5 wayback

wayback

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:47 AM

Personaly, I haven't tried to do an LC into a spwan bag, but I have read of extensive problems involved.

I've found it hard enough to make successful G2G transfers from colonized jars to spawn bags, with my success rate maybe half, and that's with extreme precautions. Glove box, an Aspen air ionizer.

Me, I perfer to use fully colonized jars and then mix then into a pasturized staw and worm casting boxes.

Wish ya the best tho, and I would suggest you kinda keep an eye on your grain moisture content before injecting an LC. With the birdseed or other grains reasonabally dry, you should be able to innoculate your bag with a healthy LC dose, hopefully getting your culture to take ahold before other problems occur.

#6 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 11:08 AM

hard to judge dryness without pix
but my thinking would be
wbs is cheap, time is not.
i'd let those bags procede and see how it goes
meanwhile i'd make some new ones with more water
for use with more of that LC

#7 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:19 PM

Ok hip, heres a few pics. i hope they work. a couple of bags , mason jar of bluefoot LC, and bout 35-40cc left in aus LC, in old botlle i found in creek.heh. a little scratched but works better than anyother container ive tried. Oh yeah BTW this is karo, done per hips No Pc Karo Tek(microwave). 3minx2(cooled some inbetween.) 100cc distilled, 4cc karo. .put in zip bag after coolin enuff in microwve,nocced thru bag 8/8 in GB, and this is after shaken it till it looks like a snowglobe,usin half of it, then 3 rday recovery.room temp. one pic is of smashed grain. it has cosistency of 2 day old boiled potatoe.soft and mushy inside, but no moisture visible. well. hope this is ok. if not, im sure someone can help fix photo layout or whatever peace, fos:hippie: ter

Attached Thumbnails

• P1020502 (Small).JPG
  • P1020500 (Small).JPG
  • P1020504 (Small).JPG
  • P1020494 (Small).JPG
  • P1020495 (Small).JPG

#8 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:32 PM

really one should not see any moisture,
the telltale is the degree to which the
kernels have swollen up from absorbed water.
with those it isn't possible to ascertain with
any degree of confidence
one way or the other,
about all that is certain is that it is not too wet.
;)
even if they are a bit short they may still colonize
but will falter before fruiting
so you might dunk the spawn once it's fully colonized
before using it.

#9 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:37 PM

yeah, definately not too wet this time! no condensation in bag. at all. ill let er ride and move on. thnks foster

#10 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:39 PM

you proly won't see any condensation until
after the mycelia grows out a bit

#11 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:51 PM

right on hip. thanks. woot woot! just checked on 1/2 pts wbr(9erstyle). seein small fuzzies startin 2 days after lc noc. cool! foster

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!