15 replies to this topic

#1 Akari

Akari

A Fucking Sorcerer

• OG VIP
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:47 PM

Finally getting the chance to do Aya.

I'm gonna smoke changa on it too. Hahaha.

I'm scared...

Years ago when I did this, a few friends shared certain pieces of ritual (outside of dietary restrictions.) What advice do you guys have for me. How long should I abstain from sex etc. Prayers meditations???

#2 Spliff

Spliff

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 533 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:48 PM

When I had my aya ceremony, we were advised to abstain from sex in the lead up, the longer the better. Also, cut out red meat, dairy, caffeine, nicotine, if you can. In my situation I only got about 3 - 4 days of preparation. (lol, sex wasnt a problem, im not getting any, ha ha).

Pacha mama will treat you individually. I was nervous as well, and it was surprising that what I came away with as my message was, she is not going to hurt you, she doesnt want to destroy you or chase you away from her, but encourage you to let go and let her show you what you need to see.

"love, and LET yourself be loved".

Have a bucket to throw up in close by. Deeper the better so you avoid splash back.

I was advised to wear white clothing, something about the colour vibration and the attraction of purity and "white light".

outside of diet is an interesting question in regards to preparation. Its all completely personal. I think that if you take some quiet time to think about the ceremony and what you want from it, that in itself is preparing. Do what you think needs to be done, if there is anything that you have a guilty pleasure for doing, cut it out. Do you stay up later than you should? Drink plenty of water. No stimulants. Write your intent down. Reflect on how you came to be where you are, where you were provided the opportunity to have this ceremony.

Remember, that integration over the days following will be a thing. Do not be hard on yourself, take the time. It took me 3 days to even feel like red meat after mine.

Listen to some songs from sacred valley tribe, some of them are recorded live, in session, but they are beautiful, and it is great to be able to sing a mantra or something you like together.

I'll share my favourite, for you,

[Direct Link]

Check out Sacred Valley Tribe

http://sacredvalleyt...medicine-songs/

Over all man, listen to yourself, she is calling you well before you get to meet her. Most of all, she loves you, and I love you! Have a great time!

Edited by Spliff, 17 September 2017 - 07:49 PM.

• Akari and Skywatcher like this

#3 Spliff

Spliff

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 533 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:25 PM

And another, for you,

[Direct Link]

Ayahuasca, you who come from the hills
I approach to you singing merrily
cleaning and healing myself
you are like sweet milk for my body 

#4 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,721 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:01 PM

IME the experience is like any other hallucinogen.  Which is to say Heavy Duty in large doses.

and, as ever, it depends on.........

There's nothing to be afraid of. Can't say I've ever heard of an overdose, mortality, or even a psychotic episode larger than one bargains for when doing aya.

I've done it twice. The first was a beautiful brain buster of revelation and wonder. The second a painful introspection but something I needed and benefited from even if it was not the first trip revisited.

Also don't think I've ever heard of someone who had a painful introspection advise another "not to go there" and I won't either.

Go into it open to whatever comes from it.

And, of course, a trip report is welcomed.  :)

• Akari and Skywatcher like this

#5 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,721 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:37 PM

another thought.

I think, my own guess, is that one does better to go big or go home with aya. trying to find a dose that's "just right" is likely to disappoint.  Better to put too much in the tank than too little. If you do too much you'll puke it out pdq. Heck, that's what the puking is all about - getting rid of stuff your body doesn't recognize or regulating how much it will tolerate.

Again, my own guess, is that too little results in the kind of second trip I had. It stalled at introspection and didn't have the horsepower to get to Wonder and Beauty.  Just a guess. And I really should test this hypothesis :)

I know this idea has a fair number of adherents when shrooms are the plant of choice. Small doses tend to disappoint, distract, or stall at some plateau that is less than pleasant. Frankly I'd rather eat 3X the right dose than miss by half. It may be a longer, more challenging trip but it will not stall out.

Aya may be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Would you want to set out for Peru and not get across the ocean?????

Edited by pharmer, 17 September 2017 - 09:43 PM.

#6 Akari

Akari

A Fucking Sorcerer

• OG VIP
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:34 AM

Yeah, you'll definitely get a report. Also, another question.

My "Shaman" takes the caapi first, wait 30 minutes, and then he takes the full brew behind it. Including that, about how long after taking the dmt active tea is the come up, and how long is the experience. I need to know for the playlist.

If you guys wanna mark your calendars, I'll be doing this on the Samhain moon. (Nov 4th) which is true Halloween astrologically speaking.

#7 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,721 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:15 AM

Come up will be variable depending on how much is in your stomach and how well your digestive system works. I'd guess you'd get serious alerts at 15 minutes and full uploading by 45 - assuming you down it all at once. I staggered quarter doses  in 4  increments of 15 minutes and that worked very well for gauging the horsepower of the brew.

The length of the trip could vary with type of MAOI and source of DMT. I'd guess 4 hours at a minimum and 8 at a max with a couple hour cushion of comedown to baseline.  Also, if you get the whole ride you'll need most of the next day to get your head screwed back down onto this planet. I couldn't even consider driving until late the next day.

If I may make a suggestion - leave the music home. The trip can be a very very deep voyage into Inner Space.  That is best facilitated with solitude, dark, and quiet. I love music but can't think of anything more likely to keep my mind "tethered" to this plane than music I like and know. Well, I'm sure an open window with people walking by all day would be worse but you get my point. It's my preference and needs to be weighed as such  :)

On the other hand if the trip is under powered or somehow uncomfortable maybe comforting music would be a plus. You'll know what to do at the time - IF you're able to work the device  :)       On my better trip just finding my own hands was a challenge  :)

Have you done a high dose of cactus? To the point that standing or doing fine motor skills were a problem?  It's like that on high dose aya but without all the speediness of the mesc. Which I'd guess is the influence of the vine or Rue. It's known to be sedative.

Edited by pharmer, 18 September 2017 - 11:21 AM.

• Spliff likes this

#8 Akari

Akari

A Fucking Sorcerer

• OG VIP
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:39 PM

While I very much appreciate the suggestion, music is a very integral part of my life, and I've been selecting albums for the day I do Aya for 10 years about. Also, I live in the inner city, so ambulance every 15-20 minutes. Constant air traffic and helicopters. I really do appreciate the sounds of the wilderness, but I sadly won't be in nature for this experience.

And no, I haven't done a high dose of cactus, but I will say this. I've smoked DMT more times than anyone on this planet (arguably). And inarguably within the top 10% of people, not exaggerating. The first time I ever did mushrooms, it was 5 grams in darkness and the whole gig. So my baseline is pretty insane if that makes any since??? I've recently done a good bit of LSD, and realized I like to trip pretty hard.

Also, back to the music thing. I think it's worth noting that I am a musician, and was somewhat a musical prodigy (Before I got older and start fucking my life up.), and music is a constant in my life. I've chosen very very spiritual songs also. My favorite songs in the world.

Also, letting go and going deep is something I've practiced for a long time and have honed to the teeth. I always explain to people that it's like anal sex. (I've never been the receiver of anything, no. Lol) You have to relax and just take it. Feel the pleasure in it, because if you resist, it'll rip you apart.

Edited by Akari, 18 September 2017 - 02:45 PM.

• Spliff likes this

#9 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,230 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:51 PM

Please let us know how your experience goes.  This is a wonderful topic of much interest to many here.

• whirledpeas likes this

#10 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 469 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:46 PM

I remember for my experiences being scared... Mushrooms have been very hard on me and had scared the hell out of me a year before, I thought Aya was going to be harder on me, but I was doing it anyway. 

But, as soon as it kicked in, I felt that this was quite different, more loving, although maybe it can be more intense? It was very loving every time for me. I'll be doing it again eventually for sure. :). 

Wish you luck. 

I did loving-kindness type of meditation shortly before my ceremonies and followed the diet. It was apparently traditional, peruvian shaman, a retreat and everything. 

I need to trip soon. Haha. 

Edited by Guy1298, 20 September 2017 - 04:55 PM.

• Spooner likes this

#11 Akari

Akari

A Fucking Sorcerer

• OG VIP
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

32 days left. Watching tons of Docs on Aya. Reading web pages, getting all the advice I can.

So here's my feelings, and I feel like this is as much part of the trip report as the trip.

I've done so much dmt..... I honestly feel like I've smoke more DMT than anyone on the planet.

So I feel like I can handle it. BUT, I have so much respect, that I feel like that attitude will make them want to scare me.

And lets be honest, if it wants to, DMT can be scary anytime, no matter how good you are at letting go. So, I'm nervous in that respect.

So, if I'm a total boss at DMT, what should I expect? I still respect it's ability to rip me in half, but that's what I crave about the psychedelic experience.

#12 Akari

Akari

A Fucking Sorcerer

• OG VIP
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:30 PM

Also, I did some research on Changa. Maybe I should smoke regular dmt on it? What would you recommend?

#13 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,721 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:12 PM

I don't know anything about smoking DMT that I haven't read, meaning I haven't done it at all.

But from what I gather reading about it the comeup is super short - one second you're here and the next second you don't know where you are or who you are. sounds like fun to me :)

Aya will come on much slower maybe over a full hour if you stagger the dose. That's a long time to get used to what's happening to you and your universe.

IME Aya is a gentle teacher even if the trip is difficult.

Just relax into this thing. You won't be in control of anything once the chems are in your blood so why try???

My guess is that given your extensive time in the bizarro world of smoked DMT you'll find Aya a long pleasant walk. The difference being the calming or sedative nature of the vine or Rue which I presume is absent when smoking crystals, right?

Edited by pharmer, 03 October 2017 - 10:14 PM.

#14 Spliff

Spliff

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 533 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:16 AM

I always explain to people that it's like anal sex. (I've never been the receiver of anything, no. Lol) You have to relax and just take it. Feel the pleasure in it, because if you resist, it'll rip you apart.

:biggrin:  :laugh:  :mellow:  :unsure:  :huh:    :blink:   :ohmy:  :eek:

Quote of the month

• Akari and whirledpeas like this

#15 whirledpeas

whirledpeas

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 293 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:41 PM

[Direct Link]

Have fun <3 give her our love <3

"All along the western front

People line up to receive
She got the power in her hand
To shock you like you won't believe
Saw her in the amazon
With the voltage running through her skin
Standing there with nothing on
She gonna teach me how to swim...."

• Spliff and Akari like this

#16 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,721 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:43 PM

I always explain to people that it's like anal sex. (I've never been the receiver of anything, no. Lol) You have to relax and just take it. Feel the pleasure in it, because if you resist, it'll rip you apart.

:biggrin:  :laugh:  :mellow:  :unsure:  :huh:    :blink:   :ohmy:  :eek:

Quote of the month

thank heaven it's not picture of the month  :ohmy:

• Spliff likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!