• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TheOtherSide

TheOtherSide

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:41 PM

So it's been a long road learning all about this mushroom cultivation. I really enjoy it and look forward to improving my skills and making a hobby out of it. Either way, I am right now getting my first fruits from brf cakes I innoculated on 8/11. I have 5 Brazilian and 1 GT cake, I actually still have 1 more GT cake that still isn't fully colonized. But either way I figured I would share the photos and be open t any info and knwodlege anyone on here would like to share. My fruits are quite small and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong for this to happen. I'm guessing that I am not misting enough even though I'm doing it atleast 3 times daily. Thanks to all and happy shrooming.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_6424.JPG
  • IMG_6433.JPG
  • IMG_6439.JPG
  • IMG_6432.JPG
  • IMG_6422.JPG
  • IMG_6427.JPG

Edited by TheOtherSide, 20 September 2017 - 03:46 PM.

• niemandgeist likes this

#2 MycoMan

MycoMan

"Mycophiliac"

• Free Member
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:00 PM

Some strain's do not perform as well on cake's as they do in bigger substrates and some do great on cakes almost domesticated like GT's, those will get bigger in your 2nd and 3rd flushes on those cakes. Brazil aren't the biggest mushrooms and so the big ones wont come until later when your getting just a cpl fruit bodies at the end of the fruting cycle. Just mist the wall enough to have water bead without dripping and lots of fresh air, your results will get bigger and better after the first flush on cakes.

#3 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 974 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:34 PM

Multi spore is always a roll of the dice genetically. I had one stand out cake in my last batch that produced monsters from first flush, always single mushrooms in excess of 30 grams wet. Flushes were 50 grams wet of greater total, always with that one big one. The cake produced over 200 grams wet total for its lifespan.

Same batch some cakes produced only clusters of smaller mushrooms 30 grams or so per flush.
  • niemandgeist likes this

#4 MycoMan

MycoMan

"Mycophiliac"

• Free Member
  • 368 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:21 AM

Multi spore is always a roll of the dice genetically. I had one stand out cake in my last batch that produced monsters from first flush, always single mushrooms in excess of 30 grams wet. Flushes were 50 grams wet of greater total, always with that one big one. The cake produced over 200 grams wet total for its lifespan.

Same batch some cakes produced only clusters of smaller mushrooms 30 grams or so per flush.

200 grams wet off of a single cake, that's madness man! but that's almost a zip dried and from 1 BRF cake, awesome. Was it a half or full pint cake you had and what strain/s are you working with ATM ?

#5 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 974 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:47 PM

I use 12 ounce pp5 containers. The strain is Malabar Coast that someone here has worked with extensively.

Just to clear, that cake was an anomaly little over half that weight came from 3 mushrooms. I also bottom water. The other cakes produced 70 to 100 grams wet. Really wish I had been set up for cloning, everything going green now.

#6 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 974 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:51 PM

Here's the last big one from that cake

20170916_131305.jpg

That flush was 52 grams total, the big one one was 32 grams.

Edited by jkdeth, 21 September 2017 - 02:58 PM.

• JustAnEyedea likes this

#7 JustAnEyedea

JustAnEyedea

Destroy Your Television

• Black VIP
  • 585 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:02 PM

My first grow was B+ and I got a 92 gm fruit off a cake. That made a great tea and a frightening experience lol

#8 TheOtherSide

TheOtherSide

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:11 AM

Cannot thank all of you folks for the time to look at my post and giving me some super helpful insight. Thank you seriously! I wouldn't have been able to grow shit without all the help I've gotten from this site. Also sorry for the late response I was up in the seirras with no service which sometimes can be the best. Happy shrooming
To all and thank you again!

#9 JustAnEyedea

JustAnEyedea

Destroy Your Television

• Black VIP
  • 585 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:19 AM

You're very welcome. That's what we're here for. It's a brotherhood of sorts. When I first started pf tek I funny even have a pressure cooker, but obtained a 100% success rate. I've had more problems having a flow hood doing agar work than I ever had with just doing old school brf jars lol. I have since switched to bags, because I am clumsy ( I dropped and broke 2 jars just yesterday), and they are easier to work with. Not to mention cheaper than jars. I think they are about 30 cents a piece.

Can't beat that! Some people like hard, and some like bags. I still do jars for grains, but I can't fit to much in my PC. I think I can fit like twelve quart hard. When I'm doing a spawn run it could take all freaking day.

#10 Jeepster

Jeepster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 312 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:20 AM

You're getting there, keep nurturing those cakes, and learning on Topia.
  • JustAnEyedea likes this

#11 TheOtherSide

TheOtherSide

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:50 PM

Thanks for all the info fellas and support! My cakes are on their 4th fruit king cycle now and the fruits have gotten a bit bigger as time as progressed. Check out the photos and thank you all! I accidentally deleted most of my photos when I uploaded to computer but in the mean time here are some photos of s rye grain batch I'm fruiting for the 3rd time now.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_6560.JPG
  • IMG_6588.JPG
  • IMG_6586.JPG
  • IMG_6563.JPG

Edited by TheOtherSide, 12 October 2017 - 08:55 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!