#42 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,069 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:50 PM

Knock yourself out. 

If at first you don't succeed, keep on suckin' 'til you do succeed.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#43 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,838 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:22 AM

You know Alder, I'll leave that to Her...

Like ol Alistair used to say:"You can succeed, or you can suck eggs..."

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 11 February 2018 - 08:24 AM.

#44 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,069 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:38 AM

I'm just a sucker for a straight-line.    There are few restraints when I can use an old joke.

...I'll leave that to Her...

You mean your operating system?   I thought she ran off with virtual Alan Watts. 

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 11 February 2018 - 10:42 AM.

#45 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,838 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2018 - 07:48 PM

Ha ha!

No. I meant the Goddess.

#46 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,838 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:42 PM

Alder, I think you may like this...

[Direct Link]

#47 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,069 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:17 PM

Oh man, I am ass deep in videos and you want to drop an almost two hour one on me? 

#48 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,838 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:22 PM

Just listen to the first part. After he does one of the "Spira" long pauses for dramatic effect...

#49 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,069 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:25 AM

I made it just a bit past twenty minutes.   What I hear is not non-dual at all.   What I hear is something akin to a motivational speaker, pumping up an idea of the individual attaining power and control, as the individual, and using words like "divine" as a conceptual hook for the separately identified consciousness to bite on.   It seems a more sophisticated version of The Secret.   Why does this guy feel to me like a salesman?    Taking what is and breaking it down into concepts, however lofty, is to ultimately put what is functionally out of reach.   What is will never be a concept or an object.

I find there are words in living real time presence which, whether coined now, or in the time of Lao Tsu, that reach me through the heart in presence.   This man's words are not achieving that level of connection for me now as I listen to them.   They are not real in that way for what is here, listening.    When Rupert Spira comes to an extended pause, for me, I feel he is in silence.   When this guy does it, I feel it's a device.   

Just a first impression, which of course affects what comes after.    Maybe the same guy on another day and it will be different.   He didn't connect as true through my experience in this now.  

As always, subjectively yours...

Edited by Alder Logs, 15 February 2018 - 03:28 PM.

#50 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,838 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:40 PM

Exactly! But notice how he uses the concepts that Spira and Kastrup discuss, the idea of conciousness as the primary.

And yes, you don't need watch the whole thing.

Basically he's repacked the "quantum shifting" ideas and wrapped it in a bow of "one mind", and then as you so elequently point out, he sells it.

I checked out his page, and there is the standard "workshops", and "teaching vacations", and the testimony of seekers... The usual guru stuff.

But my greater point here is that, regardless of the vehicle, the ideas are getting out there, or should I say more accurately, the metaphors. When the Guru-salesmen are selling it, then perhaps a tipping point is approaching.

Just finished Katstrup's "Why materialism is Baloney". Excellent book.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 16 February 2018 - 05:45 PM.

#51 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,069 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:03 PM

Just finished Katstrup's "Why materialism is Baloney". Excellent book.

I just picked up, Brief Peeks Beyond, today.   I am a slow reader so it will be a while for me to finish it. 

But my greater point here is that, regardless of the vehicle, the ideas are getting out there, or should I say more accurately, the metaphors. When the Guru-salesmen are selling it, then perhaps a tipping point is approaching.

It's when any and all ideas are transcended that the true is discovered.   There is no formula, beyond the heart's longing for itself.   The seeker succeeds when the seeker disappears, is no more.    I think the salesmen have always been around, objectifying the infinite into a salable form.    The salesman might see the true masters being supported materially by their loving sanghas and put two and two together.  It's an old story.    When there is a just a bit of discernment, then there can be a sort of smell test.   

For me, the palpable peace of Spira, the solid realness of Hedderman, and the consistent love of Mooji pass my test.    There are many more out there, and when realized, are all the same One.    When they are successful, we become them, and what they are is not outside of ourselves.   

I like what I have heard about spiritual practices, though I never excelled at any of them, but plunked along at a personalized version of Karma Yoga for about fifty years.   Anyway, what I have heard said is:

Awakening is an accident.  
Spiritual practices don't bring awakening, but they can make you accident prone.

Edited by Alder Logs, 16 February 2018 - 08:22 PM.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#52 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:39 AM

The problem with arriving is that it signals the end of the journey.

Life requires change.

#53 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,069 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:58 AM

It's all over when there are no more paradoxes.

#54 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,838 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:04 PM

Almost finished with Brief Peeks Beyond. Wow! These two books are pretty awesome, incredibly insightful, and can I even say, very hopeful.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!