Fisana

- - - - -

BRF Jar Q

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_thekeg_*

Guest_thekeg_*

Posted 06 February 2005 - 02:54 AM

Im not sure if this has been answered. I did some looking 'round the board and couldnt find my answer.
Anyway, I was wondering how long 1/2 pint BRF jars are good for after being sterilized? I made mine 2 days ago and cant innoculate them until two day from now. They are in room temp.

#2 Guest_thefungione_*

Guest_thefungione_*

Posted 06 February 2005 - 03:53 AM

They're fine. Really it seems your talking about a sterilized sub, and as long as nothin' else is growin in em, I'd call em good....I'd use it asap...but a few days are no problem. Good luck keg.

#3 cutty

cutty

Gone Fishin'

• Expired Member
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:12 AM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

They're fine. Really it seems your talking about a sterilized sub, and as long as nothin' else is growin in em, I'd call em good....I'd use it asap...but a few days are no problem. Good luck keg.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>I agree,Best to use em right away if possible.

#4 kevinfergo

kevinfergo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 10:22 AM

i have waited 9 days to do a couple of my last jars with no problems..but i also agree ..use asap ..no use taking the chance of something else colonizing first.

#5 python

python

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:25 AM

if you pc them right after they are made, they can last a good deal of time, id say 14 days but it could be more, the thing to watch i the moisture in the jars.....you don't want to lose too much water before innoc..........

if you dont pc right away, contams can grow before you innoc, ive had jars show a bit of green because i waited to long to pc them....

#6 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:31 AM

i've seen jars good some two months after sterilization so a few days is no big deal

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!