• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 732 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:27 PM

I plan to soak dried p. cubensis in everclear to get an extract (following Willy Myco's guide on Youtube). Will this reduce the chances of nausea?

A friend of mine (no seriously, not me) is extremely afraid of nausea (which if I took a wild guess is related to their experiences with chemotherapy during cancer - so I take it seriously and would love it if you did too). I want to share with them the magic of shrooms. They have done LSD before and enjoyed it.

#2 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,502 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:36 PM

I've never done it that way, but I believe there are some folks here that use alcohol to extract the magic. Hopefully they will chime in soon.

It is my understanding that it is the fruit body itself that causes most of the discomfort, so any kind of extraction should help.

I personal avoid most of the body load, and nausea by making mine into tea.

#3 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,357 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:47 AM

Try reading down in this sub forum a lil bit https://mycotopia.ne...thanol-extract/
  • Juthro and PinkMenace like this

#4 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 732 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:12 AM

Thank you! Great thread and had the info I was looking for.
  • coorsmikey likes this

#5 MushPuppy

MushPuppy

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:46 AM

Thank you! Great thread and had the info I was looking for.

Yeah that is a good thread. I've been planning on experimenting with extracts and tinctures myself as soon as I have shrooms to work with.

#6 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:01 PM

A lot of nausea is caused by picking overly mature fruits.  Ideally they should be picked before the caps open.  Also I think there is something to be said for some people having backed up gastrointetinal tracts and that one of the actions of the mushrooms is to cleanse your system.  Personally I love the feeling of release on my digestive system.  Part of my heart failure I think is occasional constipation.

Of course some people are genuinely sensitive but personally I feel its a minority.

The most sensitive person i've met turned out he had an extreme mass of pre cancerous polyps all up and down his colon which had to be painfully removed.

#7 morvis

morvis

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:16 PM

I've done a few extractions with Everclear  Powdered super dry fruits soaking for a few days, shaking the jar a few times a day.  Tastes like ass but a quick onset and it doesn't last quite as long as eating fruits.  And I don't recall the nausea the came with fruits.  I do vividly remember a fast hard onset, like 15 minutes or so.  And with s.ome maths you can evaporate it down to get some fairly strong doses, I had a run where 1cc = 1 gram approximate  worked real nicely.

Edited by morvis, 20 October 2017 - 05:19 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!