507 replies to this topic

#1 Kraven

Kraven

CannaMycologist

• OG VIP
  • 808 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:56 AM

I I wanted to introduce myself and tell a little about me. I'm a n00b, I grow / breed cannabis but since I started micro - dosing 7 months ago, I know now I will become a mycologist. I retired from nursing and have a good background in biology / chemistry so really excited to be able to do isolation /  cloning. Thank you all for having me here, here is what I start with to begin my journey. Peace.

Attached Thumbnails

• Big Bud 4 A.jpg
  • IMG_20171026_122101.jpg

Edited by Kraven, 26 October 2017 - 11:56 AM.

• Coopdog, Samwise, MycoRunner and 9 others like this

#2 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 741 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:01 PM

Welcome!
  • Kraven and MycoAnt81 like this

#3 Kraven

Kraven

CannaMycologist

• OG VIP
  • 808 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

Welcome!

Thank you, glad to be here and looking to make new friends....I got a lot to learn :)

• MycoAnt81 likes this

#4 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,231 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:29 PM

Welcome!

Thank you, glad to be here and looking to make new friends....I got a lot to learn :)

You've got a head start! Welcome aboard our ship.

#5 Kraven

Kraven

CannaMycologist

• OG VIP
  • 808 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:51 AM

Well I bagged the BRF cake yesterday and set it aside, it is fosure contaminated so it will stay bagged and be disposed of, still don't see any mycelium in an y of the other jars, nature is sure taking her time it seems, its going on seven days since i hit the first set of grains, and then the cakes the next day so everything has been trying to germ over the last 6-7 days....expecting to see nice white mycelium any day now....here is a picture of the contaminated cake. Peace

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20171027_064600.jpg
  • IMG_20171027_064718.jpg
  • Colas.jpg

• MycoAnt81 likes this

#6 Kraven

Kraven

CannaMycologist

• OG VIP
  • 808 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:01 PM

Well I bagged the BRF cake yesterday and set it aside, it is fosure contaminated so it will stay bagged and be disposed of, still don't see any mycelium in an y of the other jars, nature is sure taking her time it seems, its going on seven days since i hit the first set of grains, and then the cakes the next day so everything has been trying to germ over the last 6-7 days....expecting to see nice white mycelium any day now....here is a picture of the contaminated cake. Peace

As aggravated as I am about the contaminated jar, the other BRF Cakes have small white mycelium in a few spots.... so baring anything else exciting, it should just progress toward full colonization over the coming weeks. I built 2 shotgun fruiting chambers and a mono tub yesterday, so as soon as its good to go I'll be ready to fruit my first ever run. Also saw that my rye berries are getting going, I have Golden Teacher, Purple Mystic and Pan Jams. I am going to be fruiting out also, pans will go into warmer spot, I try to keep them 88-90 with as close 100 humidity as possible. Temps holding 70-72F where I am germing and just waiting on nature to take is course naturally. I'm gonna do some reading on the site today, i love to learn. Peace

Edited by Kraven, 27 October 2017 - 01:04 PM.

• Triptomemes and MycoAnt81 like this

#7 Triptomemes

Triptomemes

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:01 PM

Welcome Kraven. Looking forward to your grow. Especially those Pan Jams  :wub: I want to give those a go next spring so I'll be following your work closely. Happy grow vibes

#8 Kraven

Kraven

CannaMycologist

• OG VIP
  • 808 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:37 AM

Well still in the germ / colonization stages right now, everything is ready and in place for flower the fruits when the time comes....so 2 of the 7 original BRF cakes got contaminated and it showed well before the spores got a good foot hold.....Its my fault, got "cheap" spores [portabella]. All my Cubes are doing well and so it the one Pan:

I'm running:

White Button

Portabella.

Golden Teacher

Purple Mystic

Pan Cyan [Jamaica]

Will start adding pics soon since the mycelium is starting to colonize. Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. Peace

Well pulled out the offending cakes and it now looks like the substrate is shrinking away from the glass near the top of the label, at first ti looks shadowy and hard to tell even with my 30x lupe. looked the jar over really carefully and cant find positive signs of contams, anyway really hard to tell so got a ton of pic's if anyone has time to take a peek, the cakes is bagged and away from the grow now while I watch it. Thanks

IMG_20171029_104314.jpg

IMG_20171029_104322.jpg

IMG_20171029_104334.jpg

IMG_20171029_104410.jpg

IMG_20171029_104424.jpg

IMG_20171029_104438.jpg

IMG_20171029_104523.jpg

IMG_20171029_104531.jpg

IMG_20171029_104548.jpg

IMG_20171029_104600.jpg

Edited by Kraven, 29 October 2017 - 09:57 AM.

#9 Kraven

Kraven

CannaMycologist

• OG VIP
  • 808 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:40 AM

Welcome Kraven. Looking forward to your grow. Especially those Pan Jams  :wub: I want to give those a go next spring so I'll be following your work closely. Happy grow vibes

Thanks trip, it has been a minute since I have grown mushrooms so the Pans may be a bit ambitious since they are so easy to abort and the temps and substrate / casing layer have to be exact, they are not hard to grow per say you just have to be on point and on game. Peace

• MycoAnt81 likes this

#10 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,231 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:52 AM

Thanks trip, it has been a minute since I have grown mushrooms so the Pans may be a bit ambitious since they are so easy to abort and the temps and substrate / casing layer have to be exact, they are not hard to grow per say you just have to be on point and on game. Peace

Pans are just as easy as cubes IMHO, just add a casing layer after consolidation and more FAE, bam pans.

#11 Kraven

Kraven

CannaMycologist

• OG VIP
  • 808 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:00 PM

Pans are just as easy as cubes IMHO, just add a casing layer after consolidation and more FAE, bam pans.

Thanks C&B, I was going to fruit them in a SGFC, and try to give them fan /mist every 4 hrs. Know I wont get super flushes, just want the best few caps to isolate and work with, then get them on slants, they are more like sid to me so I prefer cubes tbh, but wanted same pans to keep, I find that they are easier to grind and micro - dose.

• MycoAnt81 likes this

#12 Kraven

Kraven

CannaMycologist

• OG VIP
  • 808 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:10 PM

Slipped into the shroom room and got a few pic's, things seem to be progressing well, steady growth daily now. Peace

IMG_20171029_124916.jpg

IMG_20171029_124934.jpg

Gonna add in some GG#4 and enjoy the games.

IMG_20171029_123529.jpg

Edited by Kraven, 29 October 2017 - 12:11 PM.

• Microbe, CatsAndBats, Triptomemes and 1 other like this

#13 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,231 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:12 PM

Welcome Kraven. Looking forward to your grow. Especially those Pan Jams :wub: I want to give those a go next spring so I'll be following your work closely. Happy grow vibes

Welcome Kraven. Looking forward to your grow. Especially those Pan Jams :wub: I want to give those a go next spring so I'll be following your work closely. Happy grow vibes

Thanks C&B, I was going to fruit them in a SGFC, and try to give them fan /mist every 4 hrs. Know I wont get super flushes, just want the best few caps to isolate and work with, then get them on slants, they are more like sid to me so I prefer cubes tbh, but wanted same pans to keep, I find that they are easier to grind and micro - dose.
One pan fruit [fresh or dried] every 3-4 days is how i roll with the micro dose. Tons of energy and a creative BURST with the pans.

Edited by CatsAndBats, 29 October 2017 - 01:13 PM.

• Samwise and Kraven like this

#14 Mekoukou54

Mekoukou54

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:20 PM

Hello Kraven and welcome to you among us :)

I recently started mushroom growing with cubensis and very recently with panaelus jamaica.

Like you, I thought that this culture was for those who had experience but it is as simple as Cubensis.

Check out my post: https://mycotopia.ne...ed-pan-jamaica/

In Depar, I thought that the footprint I had was contaminated ... or the work I had done in liquid culture but I had a very good result with little material.

I grow in plastic crates with a series of holes up and down, stuffed with polyfill.

I air them morning and evening, then I suck the CO2 surplus with a vacuum cleaner on the bottom hole (I do not know if it's useful ?? !!)

The T ° is 20/21 ° C, it even fell below 19 ° C .... I had 2 crops ..... the third seems complicated since the T ° falls below 18 ° C, and on some cakes there was beautiful spore drop but I could make fingerprints, agar, to continue the cycle next year.

Hydrometry was 85% at first, it goes down more and more due to lack of heat, I am currently 70% ......

I will return to my post to bring news, if I ever have a 3rd harvest .... do not know it ever !!! :)

Bonjour Kraven et bienvenue à toi parmis nous :)

J'ai tout récemment commencé, moi aussi, la culture de champignon avec des cubensis et trè récement avec des panaelus jamaica.

Comme toi, je croyais que cette culture était destiné à ceux qui avait de l'expérience mais elle est aussi simple que celle de cubensis.

Regarde mon post : https://mycotopia.ne...ed-pan-jamaica/

Au dépar, je pensais que l'empreinte que j'avais eu était contaminé....ou le travail que j'en avais fait en culture liquide mais j'ai eu de très bon résultat avec peu de matériel.

Je cultive dans des caisse en plastique avec une serie de trou en haut et en bas , bouché de polyfill.

Je les aére matin et soir, puis j'aspire l'exédent de CO2 avec un aspirateur sur les trou du bas ( je ne sais pas si c'est utile ??!! )

La T° est de 20 /21 ° C, c'est même descendu en dessous de 19 ° C....j'ai eu 2 récoltes.....la troisième me parait compliqué puisque les T° descende en dessous de 18° C, et que sur certain cakes il y a eu de beau laché de spores mais j'ai pu faire des empreintes, des géloses, pour continuer le cycle l'année prochaine.

L'hydrométrie etait au début à 85 % , elle descend de plus en plus du au manque de chaleur, je suis à 70 % actuellement......

Je reviendrais sur mon post pour apporter des nouvelles, si jamais j'ai une 3 eme récoltes ....ne sait on jamais !!! :)

• Kraven likes this

#15 Kraven

Kraven

CannaMycologist

• OG VIP
  • 808 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:47 AM

Found this little gem I liked, may switch it. Peace

Attached Thumbnails

• shroomy icon.jpg

#16 Kraven

Kraven

CannaMycologist

• OG VIP
  • 808 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:17 AM

So checked on the cakes and grains this am and everything is still just plugging along. Not seeing any contams except the first cake, my tek must have been sloppy. Since it's gonna take awhile to fully colonize I'll toss up some of the flowers I'm always growing in the interim, then when it picks back up I'll pick up where I left off. Peace

IMG_20171030_105048.jpg

IMG_20171030_105106.jpg

IMG_20171030_105128.jpg

IMG_20171030_105137.jpg

IMG_20171030_105152.jpg

IMG_20171030_105220.jpg

IMG_20171030_105353.jpg

IMG_20171030_105420.jpg

IMG_20171030_105313.jpg

Edited by Kraven, 30 October 2017 - 10:21 AM.

• MycoRunner and Microbe like this

#17 Kraven

Kraven

CannaMycologist

• OG VIP
  • 808 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:39 PM

Well crap, I just looked in on my Pans and they were colonizing the rye berries....  well I spotted a kernel and it looked a bit green so grabbed my lupe to give it a quick look see and sure enough, looks like the bag is contaminated. I'll get pictures up first thing tomorrow, but looking like this one is going to the waste also....so will be noc'ing up berries again tomorrow...with better technique.

Edited by Kraven, 30 October 2017 - 08:40 PM.

#18 Kraven

Kraven

CannaMycologist

• OG VIP
  • 808 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2017 - 05:35 AM

Well its beginning to look like my BRF cakes will fail, been 10 days since noc with white button / port and the only thing i have seen so far is contams. My rye berries noc'd with Pan Jams has a fuzzy green spot in it but the the GT and TC are looking great. So chalk it up to a learning experience. Gonna make another case of BRF cakes and re noc them using better sterile tek. Thanks for following along, frustrating to put time in only to see it wasted down the road due to poor tek. Well I'll get some new pic's up after getting reset today. Peace

#19 MycoRunner

MycoRunner

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 113 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:15 PM

Nice start you have going, and great to see you're clearly labeling everything! The pictures you took of the contamination can help you. Did the mold start growing around the innoculation points, or in other places? Maybe you can figure out if the contamination was on the spore syringe or with the sterilization of the jars? 

• Kraven likes this

#20 Kraven

Kraven

CannaMycologist

• OG VIP
  • 808 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:05 PM

Nice start you have going, and great to see you're clearly labeling everything! The pictures you took of the contamination can help you. Did the mold start growing around the innoculation points, or in other places? Maybe you can figure out if the contamination was on the spore syringe or with the sterilization of the jars? 

It was me fosure, been noc'd up 10 days and no signs of germ, started seeing a tiny bit of green [maybe trich?] a few days ago so if it was the syringe I would have seen contam before this correct? My guess is that my moisture was off slightly and I didn't get them sterilized. The sample I ran on agar looks nice, by no means a mono culture but not that many sectors either. So made BRF cakes again today, letting them cool for 24 hrs and will hit them up again tomorrow and let the others keep doing their thing...either they will grow or it will contam, I'm not on a schedule so i have time. I did hit some rye berries with Agaricus bisporus LC today [professionally made] and gave them a good shake...now just waiting again for a bit.

Here is my results so far:

Panaeolus cyanescens [Jamaican] - Starting to colonize, spotted a suspect spot of possible contamination - will watch close (Magic)

Psilocybe  cubensis [Treasure Coast] - Colonization noted and no problems observed - (Magic)

Psilocybe cubensis [Golden Teacher] - colonization started and no problems observed - (Magic)

Agaricus bisporus [White button] - failed to germinate (10 days) 6/6  [contaminated] 2/6  [remaining to germ 4/6] (Gourmet)

Agaricus bisporus cultive' [Portabello] - failed to germinate (10 days) 4/4  [contaminated] 3/6  [remaining to germ]  3/6 (Gourmet)

IMG_20171031_125607.jpg

IMG_20171031_125630.jpg

IMG_20171031_125644.jpg

Edited by Kraven, 31 October 2017 - 03:06 PM.

• Microbe and Justintime like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!