I've been eating budda right from the jar, and decided since a good friend is coming over Tuesday and getting knee surgery, now would be a good time to get out the recipes and make some cookies. This recipe has been tweeked a few times, and this was my favorite batch to date. I had one an hour ago so I get easily distracted...........................
Skye High Oatmeal/ Raisin Cookies
3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
10 tblsps softened butter ( dose for 14 cookies, and add the difference with regular butter)
6 tblsps brown sugar (packed)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg white
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 cups oats (I use instant)
1/2 cup jumbo raisins (golden or regular)
1/2 cub chopped walnuts (pecans are also good)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking soda, spices, and salt.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, Beat in egg white and vanilla.
4. Stir in flour mixture. When flour is absorbed, stir in oats. When even, add raisins and nuts and stir in by hand.
5. This makes about 14 cookies. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls (ping pong ball size) onto silpat or ungreased cookie sheet about 3" apart.
6. Bake 11-14 minutes, edges are golden. Cool on pan one minute, then thorougly on wire rack.
Each cookie is a dose, so you can do more or less cannabutter as you prefer. These freeze well if vacuum sealed, but they are a moist cookie so they will be fine in a container for a week or so.
Enjoy ! I am................