11 replies to this topic

#1 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,698 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:48 PM

I've been eating budda right from the jar, and decided since a good friend is coming over Tuesday and getting knee surgery, now would be a good time to get out the recipes and make some cookies. This recipe has been tweeked a few times, and this was my favorite batch to date. I had one an hour ago so I get easily distracted...........................

Skye High Oatmeal/ Raisin Cookies

Ingredients

3/4 cups all purpose flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1/4 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp salt

10 tblsps softened butter ( dose for 14 cookies, and add the difference with regular butter)

6 tblsps brown sugar (packed)

1/4 cup granulated sugar   

1 egg white

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1 and 1/2 cups oats (I use instant)

1/2 cup jumbo raisins (golden or regular)

1/2 cub chopped walnuts (pecans are also good)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 F

2. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking soda, spices, and salt.

3. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, Beat in egg white and vanilla.

‚Äč4. Stir in flour mixture. When flour is absorbed, stir in oats. When even, add raisins and nuts and stir in by hand.

5. This makes about 14 cookies. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls (ping pong ball size) onto silpat or ungreased cookie sheet about 3" apart.

6. Bake 11-14 minutes, edges are golden. Cool on pan one minute, then thorougly on wire rack. 

Each cookie is a dose, so you can do more or less cannabutter as you prefer. These freeze well if vacuum sealed, but they are a moist cookie so they will be fine in a container for a week or so.

Enjoy !     I am................

• Myc, Hash_Man, coorsmikey and 4 others like this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,757 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2017 - 10:02 PM

now i want a cookie  :biggrin:   nice recipe sky, i will give it a try

• Skywatcher likes this

#3 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,534 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:58 AM

I'm wondering it you're a little hung-over this morning Cookie Monster. ;)

I had three cookies Saturday night. Sunday was a very mellow, slow day. 

Thanks for the new recipe. I'm finding that coconut oil substitutes really well for budder in baking recipes. 

• Skywatcher likes this

#4 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,698 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:18 AM

I'm wondering it you're a little hung-over this morning Cookie Monster. ;)

Actually, after giggling at funny/stupid sitcoms, and generally just sitting with a perma-smile,  I went to bed at 10 something, and slept great. This morning I am a little slow, but not much. I figured out my magic spot on the budder was 1/2 tsp. I probably added one more tsp of budder to the total for 14 cookies, so each cookie was one dose, + a little bit for good measure.

In my opinion, the most important part of this recipe is the creaming of the butter and the sugars. I get them mixed, and then turn up the speed on the mixer and whip the butter/sugar till its really smooth and almost fluffed. Ilike this recipe because it only makes 14 cookies, 12 if you make them bigger, so its a manageable amount.

My buddy having surgery won't bake, so this way I will keep a few like 6, and package the rest up for him. I'm giving him some buds and a small jar of budda also, so he should be set for "after care", when he is stuck in a chair for a few. 

I am indeed a cookie monster. I can rarely go a whole night without some kind of cookie for my after dinner, nighttime snack.

• Myc, Juthro and Jeepster like this

#5 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,294 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:28 AM

you're doing knee surgeries at your house?

it's what you said ^^^^^

got anything for baldness?

• Myc and Juthro like this

#6 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,575 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

how do you guys figure the dosage into the butter?

#7 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,698 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:24 PM

how do you guys figure the dosage into the butter?

I know 1/2 tsp is good for one dose. The recipe makes 14 cookies, and uses 10 tblsps of butter total. One Tablespoon is 3 teaspoons.

For 14 cookies I need 7 tsp of budda ( 1/2 tsp x 14), so I want to use 2 tblsp plus a tsp, and I round up to 3 Tblsp of cannabutter. (this is 2 tsp more so each cookie will be just a bit stronger. That leaves 7 tblsp of regular butter to add for a total of 10....................

Hope that makes sense. As far as figuring out how much trim for the cannabutter, it can vary so for me, every batch comes out a bit different and the only way I know is to just start with a measured amount and see how it works. Then I add or subtract to hit the sweet spot for that batch. 

• Myc, Hash_Man and Jeepster like this

#8 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,534 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:58 PM

I

Hope that makes sense. As far as figuring out how much trim for the cannabutter, it can vary so for me, every batch comes out a bit different and the only way I know is to just start with a measured amount and see how it works. Then I add or subtract to hit the sweet spot for that batch. 

Ditto this statement. 

I make coconut oil with frozen fresh trim and popcorn buds. While frozen I'll take a meat tenderizer mallet to the bag and reduce the material to the consistency of panko flakes. A 28 - 30 fl. oz. container of oil is used to dissolve the canna oils. I use a candy thermometer and monitor closely to maintain 240*F over a duration of 45 minutes. The oil is then strained through a screened colander and returned to its original container for storage. I use it 1:1 in recipes which call for butter. 

I like to get 56 grams of very nice trim into one batch of oil. If you use mid-grade or top-grade bud........you can use less herb. An ounce of top-grade in 28 oz of oil should make a very nice cookie. ;)

Freezing is the key to grinding this material in short order with no mess. 

• Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#9 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,575 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:32 AM

thanks guys, me likes Edibles prolly as much as shatter/wax depending on situation kind of deal.
  • Myc, Skywatcher and Jeepster like this

#10 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 285 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:01 PM

Every time I make any baked goods, they just knock my ass out! Make me totally useless. You'd think by now I'd know better. I guess I must, because I haven't baked any in at least a year.

#11 Jeepster

Jeepster

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 365 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:07 PM

Great recipe, and thread, Skye!
Cookies that give you the munchies, I'm in big trouble now!
  • Skywatcher likes this

#12 Spark

Spark

OG

• Free Member
  • 873 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:56 PM

Had a reces peces cookie a few days ago 65mg.

Check out my instagram https://www.instagram.com/neo_a.ka/

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!