#41 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,349 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:09 PM

Here is how they look 24 hours later after yesterday's maintenance. They looking much better IMO. There is a pic of the plant that has tight nodes and made it a pain it the ass to LST. I think super cropping combined with LST is going to be way for me, I just need to master the skill.

I do have a leaf that had holes in it, that is a first for me, could that be spider mites? I didn't see anything though.....2nd picture right plant lower foliage..... Still a lot of yellowing and the leaves that are in the 2 branches I super cropped are droopy still.

Was a little high at 6 but should still be within the safe range but my ppm were near 1000 when I should be at 720 ppm. There is the rediculous 300+ ppm in my tap water. I flushed but with tap water it still leaves behind 380-400 ppm that I never accounted for in my feedings until yesterday. My run off should be lower next time and per advice, I ph'd down to 5.8 is where I should be according to the feed chart before watering. I was adding a little high assuming that my substrate was little acidic and it would drop a little once I add it but this wasn't the correct way.

e51e1c77db2b6340219038ea22a0bf78.jpgaa1146c6d147a7ee4e288c2a47721d00.jpg3b8137ad3e99e6d3822ed82120b5ae8f.jpg726f8c4bcbd8453b5ba03dd8030101bc.jpg5c16729de3d1e4cab1b15fa879a764b5.jpg

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Edited by Microbe, 19 November 2017 - 05:16 PM.

• Jeepster and Kraven like this

#42 Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot

{{{{{ + }}}}}

• OG VIP
  • 714 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:38 PM

Grape God ..... those damn Russians! 

:afro:

• Microbe and Kraven like this

#43 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,349 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:49 PM

Grape God ..... those damn Russians!

:afro:

Shhhh! They are 'The Americans' and season 6 is coming soon........

• Kraven likes this

#44 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,349 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:50 PM

[Direct Link]

• Kraven likes this

#45 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,521 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2017 - 06:32 PM

looking good

Edited by Hash_Man, 19 November 2017 - 08:03 PM.

#46 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,349 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:23 PM

Getting bushier. It's crazy how just a day or two they can change so quickly. I just bent a few more branches and now I wait and see how the plant responds. I will have two of these in flower by the end of the week for sure contingent on if my RO system arrives and I get it installed. I want to flush my plants so I can better manage my feedings and or feed more. Right now because I'm using my tap water with a high ppm I cant feed very often and it bloom I hear they eat and drink a lot. As I mentioned before the best one will be left to grow for harvesting clones.

c339f15e20ae4accc628308e06df2508.jpg

Edited by Microbe, 20 November 2017 - 01:24 PM.

• Heirloom , Jeepster and Kraven like this

#47 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,521 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:29 AM

microbe for your username sake, be sure to add biologicals I checked into your nute line and sounds that its designed to support microbial life I know your have Axiom which is excellent an additional of worm casting tea be a plus I'll send you sone worms I've got thousands and i know you have coir that's all you need and this will give some diversity which is always good.

Edited by Hash_Man, 21 November 2017 - 09:40 AM.

• Microbe, Heirloom , skunk and 1 other like this

#48 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,349 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:56 PM

microbe for your username sake, be sure to add biologicals I checked into your nute line and sounds that its designed to support microbial life I know your have Axiom which is excellent an additional of worm casting tea be a plus I'll send you sone worms I've got thousands and i know you have coir that's all you need and this will give some diversity which is always good.

Yeah the Rx line uses chemical and biological nutes.

I went with coir becsuse even though it is a form of hydroponics, it can also sustain microbial life as soil. I think its awesome based on my research as i dont have much experience with practical applications but I believe I can apply some of my training and knowledge acquired on the mushroom side. Speaking of musbrooms....in going to inoculate my substrate with some of this stuff called Tarantula.......

Check it out!

d2e92ea1f2f4eb882b39f360ea5bc5e2.jpg1792d6a5893cc88ffcff06f3a756aed4.jpg

Edited by Microbe, 21 November 2017 - 02:03 PM.

#49 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,349 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:59 PM

My one plant is messed up, im thinking calcium deffciecy. I need to install my RO system today , it arrived yesterday.

Help!

I dont see any spider mites. Its been about 3 days sense I fed them anything. Anyone have any ideas? 3572d3ad949ca61d54441d79741f6341.jpgf64c1b233a150294aaa93739100e96a3.jpg30cd43b3e4854e11583e19d166768d98.jpg

Edited by Microbe, 21 November 2017 - 02:04 PM.

• Jeepster and Kraven like this

#50 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:52 PM

It looks like insects (as opposed to powder mold), and in my experience alcohol or a potassium based insecticide (organic) will kill any bug that lives or hangs out on leaves. Diatomaceous earth can be used as a spray as well and becomes effective when it dries. Diatomaceous earth can also be layered on the soil and then covered with a layer of sand to deter fungus gnats or any soil dwelling pests, just remember to treat the drainage holes too. Nematodes work for soil dwelling pests too.

If I'm wrong and it's powder mold, good luck. I've never successfully corrected powder mildew, on anything.

• Microbe, Jeepster and Kraven like this

#51 Kraven

Kraven

CannaMycologist

• OG VIP
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:34 PM

Hiya's, it not PM, he has a Ca / Mg imbalance so he has locked out both, the tons of stress he is putting on his plant is not productive either....and sadly on top of that his damage looks like either Root Aphids or Russets to me, both will take root ball dunks and its gonna hurt his yield, I applaud his efforts he just needs to get this newness out his system....for some reason, me included, felt the need to constantly mess with my girls....once I got the n00b scrubbed off me I realized that all that effort and the nutes / additives were simply overwhelming the plant....new peeps like to do the best they can and they all seem to get a ton of nutes and additives when its not needed. I have enjoyed watching his grow, he is learning tons and each grow he will get better and better, well lemme light this and chill with yall. Peace

IMG_20171121_142508.jpg

• Tenderfoot, Microbe and Jeepster like this

#52 Kraven

Kraven

CannaMycologist

• OG VIP
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:41 PM

Hey buddy didn't mean to sound neg, was just stating facts.... I think your doing a good job and you have clear ideas how you want to proceed, I don't comment much but and subbed so I poke my head in daily....this is a life long adventure man, enjoy each minute with the healing herbs. Peace

• Microbe likes this

#53 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:13 PM

[Direct Link]

#54 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,349 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:46 AM

Hey buddy didn't mean to sound neg, was just stating facts.... I think your doing a good job and you have clear ideas how you want to proceed, I don't comment much but and subbed so I poke my head in daily....this is a life long adventure man, enjoy each minute with the healing herbs. Peace

You didn't sound negative. Remember I told you i like constructive criticism and I dont anything about growing plants so I need tons of it lol.

Im feeding it the additive right now because it is light on the nitrogen side. I am stressing the hell out of the plant trying to learn because before I move forward and get into a routine I want to settle in on a triaing method. I'm leaning towards fimming and LST .

I owned a Pest Control company for about 3 years so I'm familiar with treating plants as it was something we did, obviously not cannabis plants but ornamental and tropical plants.

Thanks for your help man. Keep it coming please.

• Kraven likes this

#55 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,349 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:51 AM

It looks like insects (as opposed to powder mold), and in my experience alcohol or a potassium based insecticide (organic) will kill any bug that lives or hangs out on leaves. Diatomaceous earth can be used as a spray as well and becomes effective when it dries. Diatomaceous earth can also be layered on the soil and then covered with a layer of sand to deter fungus gnats or any soil dwelling pests, just remember to treat the drainage holes too. Nematodes work for soil dwelling pests too.

If I'm wrong and it's powder mold, good luck. I've never successfully corrected powder mildew, on anything.

Im familiar with DE im actually going to use a bellow and dust the stem and mix some it with my media. It works well for all crawling bugs. It cuts the underside of them similar to us crawling through glass but it also sticks to them and dehydrates them. Pretty shitty death for bugs. Thanks for your help man.

• CatsAndBats, Jeepster and Kraven like this

#56 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,521 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:30 AM

IDK thrips can look kinda like that then u might be lucky but the twisting on newer leaves is really pointing to russet or maybe broad mites, which I believe insecticidal dust is not effective on, you need a little scope

Edited by Hash_Man, 22 November 2017 - 11:33 AM.

• Kraven likes this

#57 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:20 PM

I owned a Pest Control company for about 3 years so I'm familiar with treating plants as it was something we did, obviously not cannabis plants but ornamental and tropical plants.

Sent from my CATATTACKS992 using Tapatalk

I have some questions then.  :tongue:

• Kraven likes this

#58 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,349 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:32 PM

Sent from my CATATTACKS992 using Tapatalk

I have some questions then. :tongue:
Ask away..... I was the office and marketing guy but had my certs and did assist in the field but my business partner has been in the industry for 20 years so if I dont know the answer i will reach out to him.

The stuff you get at Lowes and other similar retailers is bull shit for the most part. They simply go into hiding and when the residual is gone , they come back out.

Another thing to consider is that a colony of roaches might eat onslaught for breakfast while it can destroy another colony at the corner house.

Most pesticides/insecticides used by professionals are not controlled and the general public can purchase them. However some supply houses will only sell to licseneced (spell/grammar check) applicators to ensure proper usage to prevent pests from becoming resistant to the chemical like insects did do DET. It costs hundreds of millions and even several billion dollars on research and development to get a new product approved by the EPA and this impacts everyone from the home owner to the small pest controll companies, I dont give a shit about large corporations anymore such as Terminex, in fact FUCK corporate america as it sucked away over 15 years of my life and the only thing i have to show for it is nice cars and clothes. Whoa off track.

Death be to the bugs that wreck cannabis plants......little Vickers! Damn auto correct....little Fuckers!

Edited by Microbe, 22 November 2017 - 02:02 PM.

• Juthro, CatsAndBats and Kraven like this

#59 Kraven

Kraven

CannaMycologist

• OG VIP
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:53 PM

I keep most of this on hand myself, but never use in flower and never more then 2 weeks before flipping them.....sometimes you can get away with the organics but sometimes you really have to pull out the big guns. If your gonna try to treat flowers i'll just say thats a no no, its not worth your health, chuck them and start fresh....happens to me sometimes too....bugs find a way to enter my lab.....

pesticides.JPG

• Microbe and skunk like this

#60 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:24 PM

ORGANIC GROWING FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRR FTW!

carry on..

• illigitimateJester and Kraven like this