7 replies to this topic

#1 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:55 PM

Apparently I've been doing it wrong.  I was just munching a cube here and there.  Then I thought there must be a better way.

Fried in high heat in the cheapest oil you can get at Walmart.  Then put on a little salt and jalapeno ketchup with a few shots of hot sauce.  A little lemon juice to kick it off and OFF TO THE RACES!

I've never really done a 'heroic dose' but when I do this is how I'm doing it.  Be careful though you can't taste the funk of the cubes AT ALL.  Its really easy to over do it on these.  I had a gram for breakfast and was out running around in the snow drinking coffee before anything opened.  Ain't like you can stick around the house in that kinda mood.

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_9551.JPG
  • SAM_9553.JPG
  • SAM_9554.JPG

• phlegmbae and CatsAndBats like this

#2 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

captain obvious

• OG VIP
  • 9,074 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:56 AM

Yummy! Catattack  catsANDbats approved!

#3 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,191 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:12 PM

My memory is a little fuzzy, but a few years back I think it might have been Cue (or maybe Dr Mcnasty?) that battered and deep fried some cubes. I do remember that the report was there was no notable loss of potency, and one had to be careful not to eat more then they intended cuz they were just damn tasty.

But think about it, what isn't tasty when coated with beer batter, and deep fried in oil....

As far a heroic doses, I always suggest tea. Its the mushroom body itself that is hard to digest and causes people issues. SO with a big dose comes more discomfort. Tea is an easy way to extract the magic, and leave most of the undesirable body load behind.

Edited by Juthro, 10 November 2017 - 01:15 PM.

• phlegmbae likes this

#4 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:46 PM

My memory is a little fuzzy, but a few years back I think it might have been Cue (or maybe Dr Mcnasty?) that battered and deep fried some cubes. I do remember that the report was there was no notable loss of potency, and one had to be careful not to eat more then they intended cuz they were just damn tasty.

But think about it, what isn't tasty when coated with beer batter, and deep fried in oil....

As far a heroic doses, I always suggest tea. Its the mushroom body itself that is hard to digest and causes people issues. SO with a big dose comes more discomfort. Tea is an easy way to extract the magic, and leave most of the undesirable body load behind.

I've done tea too but it isn't nearly as potent.  A lot of loss.  True some people have discomfort but that has never been an issue for me.  Discomfort can be aided by picking them before the cap opens and maybe putting some fruit or something in your stomach as well. 

#5 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,191 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:51 PM

I've done tea too but it isn't nearly as potent.  A lot of loss.  True some people have discomfort but that has never been an issue for me.  Discomfort can be aided by picking them before the cap opens and maybe putting some fruit or something in your stomach as well.

I've done tea many times, and its about the best bang for the buck out there IMHO. The only down side I have ever found with tea is with the faster onset and more intense ride, duration of the trip is shorter.

I respectfully suggest that maybe you did something wrong when you tried tea if you didn't get the ride you thought you should.

#6 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:17 PM

I've done tea many times, and its about the best bang for the buck out there IMHO. The only down side I have ever found with tea is with the faster onset and more intense ride, duration of the trip is shorter.

I respectfully suggest that maybe you did something wrong when you tried tea if you didn't get the ride you thought you should.

Same batch of mushrooms.  Can't screw up tea.

#7 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

captain obvious

• OG VIP
  • 9,074 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:56 PM

you'd be surprised

• Juthro likes this

#8 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,191 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:15 PM

Same batch of mushrooms.  Can't screw up tea.

Says the guy who tried it one time and didn't get it to work right?

Your certainly entitled to your opinion brother, and if you don't like tea that's no sweat off my brow. But I've done it that way too many times to believe that their is some kind of massive potency loss. I would argue the opposite , saying it maximizes the dose your taking.

And by making it into an extract of some kind, whether its a tea or alcohol (or whatever) it keeps your body from having to process all of that hard to digest chitin. This eliminates quite a lot of the body load for 'heroic' sized doses.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!