Yup got that one too, thanks Cat.

• PJennings likes this

#22 Mewman

Mewman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:02 AM

You sound like youve been places ,looking forward to hearing of some great and not so great adventures ,also enjoy your retirement what your moving towards is also my dream but ive a bit to go yet ,welcome to the Mycotopia!

• CatsAndBats, Kraven and PJennings like this

#23 PJennings

PJennings

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:41 PM

WELCOME brother - looking forward to seeing how ya do. I still need to get my stuff together but I am almost there... will share the journey i have some cool plans. Was really good at this a decade ago but I feel like a noob again, gotta get that knowledge tree ripened up and start pickin'!

Cheers mate!

TH

Thank you brother, and much luck to you as well.

Don't worry about that agar thread, it's my third agar thread and I didn't start getting comfortable with agar until well after my first year.

Here's a real good PF tek write up that I found, my only addition/change is that I think four holes are not necessary, one or two would suffice IMHO:

https://mycotopia.ne...e-pf-tek-guide/

Heading off to read that now. Thank you Cats.

Thought I had uploading figured out, but apparently not. Once I finger that out I'll show you a pic of my Bengal girl Sammy/ Samantha.

Got it

Sammy.JPG

BTW Assuming your talking holes in the lids correct?

This will get you good on the acronyms PJ, just take a deep breath inhale some cannabis.

https://mycotopia.ne...s-and-acronyms/

Since this is your first go....in a minute I would suggest 2 things start with BRF cakes...the standard 4/2/2 and run cubes....bingo your right on track....when you get a successful harvest make prints and then take those genetics and play with them on agar...you can make spore syringes to noc grains / cakes and get a few grows under your belt to get a good feel how colonies work and how to work with them....i would suggest getting agar and just practicing your clean tek, learn how to clean up dirty samples...plus you can see how colonies work on agar and see both types of mycelium...and learn to identify rhizo growth...that's what your after with sector isolation's to get to a mono culture...meaning it is only one strain...plus after your first flush you will want to start isolation's on the one of the strains anyway. just remember one p1 could have millions and then your p2 prolly has a hundred if you get to p3 and only have to make 10 plates your doing awesome....it takes time, just like breeding cup winning cannabis. You can always call me up if you got a question, we down like that and have been for years buddy. lmk if i can help brother...Peace

Thank you brother. I can hear your phone ringing already. ;)

You sound like youve been places ,looking forward to hearing of some great and not so great adventures ,also enjoy your retirement what your moving towards is also my dream but ive a bit to go yet ,welcome to the Mycotopia!

Thank you Mewman. I've always been one of those guys that runs with my hair on fire. Explains the high blood pressure too, but I wouldn't change a thing and yes I have been all over the earth. Experienced all types of mushrooms while in Amsterdam years and years ago, but I was also fascinated with how they grew them in the shops windows and they looked so perfect.

Edited by PJennings, 15 November 2017 - 11:50 PM.

• Mewman, Kraven and TechnoHippie like this

#24 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

captain obvious

• OG VIP
  • 9,074 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:32 AM

CATS! Yes, the lids.
  • PJennings likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!