31 replies to this topic

#1 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:31 PM

Not sure if it counts as I took these over most of the day but I took at least five grams yesterday if not more.

I don't know.  It was OK.  I had a good time but I'm not saying I got any deep knowledge.  I'm pretty well used to them by now though as I microdose more days than not.

Maybe I'll go for ten grams next time.

• phlegmbae, wharfrat and CatsAndBats like this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Just Another Member

• App Administrator
  • 3,607 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:18 AM

So what was ‘heroic’ other than the usual weight that you consumed? Not trying to come across as rude or anything, but regardless of weight and quantity, a ‘heroic’ dose would be memorable and not just “Ok”.
  • phlegmbae, Juthro and tailsmcsnails like this

#3 Samwise

Samwise

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:00 AM

If you're seeking a true McKennaesque heroic dose experience, then you're definitely doing it wrong, so no your experience doesn't really count. Consume that 5g dried grams all in one go on an empty stomach having had a break from mushrooms so you don't have resistance to the psilocybin, and go lie down in/on bed in the dark in silence. Different strokes for different folks setting wise of course but I can't see this approach failing to produce a very impressive and immersive experience (unlike eating the same amount over the course of a day, not the way to use mushrooms if you want to go deep with them). I'd recommend trying this before increasing the dosage.

Edited by Samwise, 13 November 2017 - 11:43 AM.

• Juthro, Heirloom and Cigarsam like this

#4 tuftygrasses

tuftygrasses

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:53 AM

Im thinking about going up to 5 soon. Like you i have some tollerance from micro dosing earlier in the year and now tripping one day a week. I can eat 2.5 and go hillwalking now. If we want our pants knock off might need to abstain for a couple of weeks :)

#5 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:43 PM

So what was ‘heroic’ other than the usual weight that you consumed? Not trying to come across as rude or anything, but regardless of weight and quantity, a ‘heroic’ dose would be memorable and not just “Ok”.

Mckenna called 5 grams in silent darknes a 'heroic dose'.  Its a very well known term.

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• Black VIP
  • 10,153 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:29 PM

I got what McKenna handed to a friend, who handed it to me, what Terence called, "a shamanic dose."   I did not weigh it.  All I know is that it was more than I could shove into my big mouth at one time, as I was forced to start swallowing it in order to get the rest of it in.    I never left my bed in a darkened room (except to piss) that night, though in travels, I encountered (and seemingly interceded for) a suicide victim, passed through the planet, seeing it from the inside, among many other adventures.   This was a one-off.   I did not seem to get into any Shaman's Club for it.    It was just a revelation of possibility.

Edited by Alder Logs, 13 November 2017 - 03:30 PM.

• Samwise, Saphroziac, Guy1298 and 5 others like this

#7 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 942 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:43 PM

I'd suggest not worrying too much about someone else's idea of heroic dose. In another work of McKenna s he suggests treating them with respect and working your way up to larger dose. But I agree, taking a dose split several hours is nothing like taking the dose all at once.
  • Samwise, Juthro, Heirloom and 2 others like this

#8 Samwise

Samwise

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:37 PM

Resistance to psilocybin kicks in pretty rapidly after dosing, so if you want to have a deep experience with mushrooms, eating them gradually over the course of a day is entirely the wrong way to go about it. What you want to do is take your dose in one go on an empty stomach with no prior resistance to psilocybin (so would be worth abstaining from microdosing for a while prior to consuming a large dose). Lying down in a dark room with no distractions, just you and the mushroom, will allow one to go deeper.

Edited by Samwise, 13 November 2017 - 04:40 PM.

• Juthro and jkdeth like this

#9 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,191 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:58 PM

I agree with the above statement, with one small exception. Now this may just be me personally, but when I go deep, I like a dark room with a couple of candles lit, and some tribal drums playing on repeat in the background.

The flickering flames, and the constant drum beat, it helps me to find a meditative state. But I respect that it might not work for everyone.
  • Samwise, Saphroziac, Alder Logs and 3 others like this

#10 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• Black VIP
  • 10,153 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:48 PM

I have done journeying under Holotropic Breathworks, where they use coming to the edge of consciousness in the body via hyperventilation.  They also use semi-loud music, but none with any lyrics in any language understandable by the participants.  They use the music for evoking certain types of emotions, but not any which would engage the part of the mind that deals in language.    A lot of it was drums. 

• Samwise, Juthro, OysterFarmer and 2 others like this

#11 sesshin

sesshin

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:46 PM

Maybe I'll go for ten grams next time.

psshh... you could be like Kilindi Iyi and take 30-40 grams to be truly heroic  :biggrin:

actually just kidding you probably don't want to do that

• TechnoHippie likes this

#12 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Just Another Member

• App Administrator
  • 3,607 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:58 PM

Who’s McKenna?
  • Juthro and tailsmcsnails like this

#13 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 503 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:07 AM

I remember when I took 10g. Be careful. Nothing exciting like traveling elsewhere, etc., for me... just really damn hard. It taught me much more than I could handle at the time.

Edited by Guy1298, 14 November 2017 - 01:17 AM.

• Juthro and OysterFarmer like this

#14 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,191 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:56 AM

Who’s McKenna?

Dude, you weren't paying attention, he was the guy who said 5 grams was a heroic dose.....

#15 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:56 PM

I have done journeying under Holotropic Breathworks, where they use coming to the edge of consciousness in the body via hyperventilation.  They also use semi-loud music, but none with any lyrics in any language understandable by the participants.  They use the music for evoking certain types of emotions, but not any which would engage the part of the mind that deals in language.    A lot of it was drums. 

Are you familiar with the works of 'The Iceman'?  I think you would like his stuff.  He has done at least one interview on Joe Rogan.  I did some of his deep breathing exercises and took the biggest bong hit of my life.  Ha ha ha!  I didn't know it was possible to get that high off of one hit. 

When the student is ready the master will appear.

More seriously though I am gonna start studying his methods hopefully to heal some of my heart damage.

#16 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:58 PM

Who’s McKenna?

Holy shit dude! 

https://en.wikipedia...Terence_McKenna

We need to get you up to speed.  Jim Carey is doing a movie about him right now.  It will be released shortly.  You are gonna be hearing all sorts of stuff about McKenna.  I'm not so sure I'm happy about Carey doing the part but what are you gonna do?  No one ever asks me about these things.

#17 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:01 PM

Don't get me wrong.  I LOVE McKenna.  I think we are somewhat cosmically intertwined.  I only learned of him after his death myself.  Turns out we hung out on some of the very same spots in Hawaii.  I'm sure he would have had all sorts of things to say about that.

Yet I feel he was wrong about many things.  I have gotten a great deal from one gram doses and in this case nothing from 5 grams even though yes it was not taken all at once.  I mean I got high as shit but deep knowledge this time around was nothing.  Although I do feel quite a bit better even a few days later.

Personally I am an advocate for microdosing.  I think if more people took half a gram or a gram on a regular basis the world would be a better place.  And apart from what the fear mongers say it isn't damaging to your health.  If anything my kidney failure and heart failure condition has only improved with my microdosing.

Edited by OysterFarmer, 14 November 2017 - 03:03 PM.

#18 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:05 PM

Terrance McKenna has a number of videos on youtube of his various and voluminous talks if anyone is interested.  I highly recommend the compilations of his entire life.  True Hallucinations is one.  Apart from other visionaries he has the ability to be highly critical of himself and for me that sets him apart.

#19 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Just Another Member

• App Administrator
  • 3,607 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:07 PM

I'm so sorry Oyster Farmer. That was total sarcasm. I am familiar with McKenna and what calls heroic. Just myself and the friends around me will take 5 gram for an event or concert where we need to maintain some level of control in the situation. 7-14 grams is usually what I take for a heroic feel like a new person the next day ride. But that's prolly why
Nobody hardly trips with me anymore. I am hardheaded
  • Juthro and ScreamingEagle like this

#20 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,191 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:20 PM

It's true, he's hard headed. And he keeps his balls in a wheelbarrow too....

If you don't believe me just look under his avatar, he actually got an award for it....
  • coorsmikey, Skywatcher and ScreamingEagle like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!