31 replies to this topic

#21 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:55 PM

I'm so sorry Oyster Farmer. That was total sarcasm. I am familiar with McKenna and what calls heroic. Just myself and the friends around me will take 5 gram for an event or concert where we need to maintain some level of control in the situation. 7-14 grams is usually what I take for a heroic feel like a new person the next day ride. But that's prolly why
Nobody hardly trips with me anymore. I am hardheaded

Mushrooms can make you lonely for sure.  I've lost a lot more friends than I've made .  Of course it turns out they were all assholes so nothing lost. 

I think the real issue is so many people today are completely fear based.  Mushrooms force you to confront your fear.  I've known so many people that I've literally given mushrooms to just because I felt they needed it and their response was to never talk to me again.  They'd rather live in their fear based but known reality.

#22 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Just Another Member

• App Administrator
  • 3,607 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:27 PM

My issue is that I give my friend and family the standard Mikey sized dose, yes they learn to fear the mushrooms after that. I’ll be like cmon next time I will just give the 2.5 recommended dose this time. “Hell No! I aight ever doing that shit again”.

Edit: By the Way, if someone wants to come hang out and take a ride, let me know :)

Edited by coorsmikey, 14 November 2017 - 06:31 PM.

• Juthro and TechnoHippie like this

#23 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• Black VIP
  • 10,153 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:28 PM

I think my first exposure to Terence was in the premiere MAPS Conference, sometime in the late '80s, having a copy of the extended videotape, given to me by the same man who handed me Terence's "shamanic dose," though a few years earlier.   Terence comes in on the video below at about 14:45, but I don't believe this was his first appearance, but at a later time in the progession.   It was great to hear him occasionally back in the '90s on Art Bell in the middle of the night.  As far as Jim Carey playing the role; I am all for it.  Can't wait to see it.

This video was brutally edited, and the part of Terence's time at the mic does not have the part that struck the strongest notes with the me I was back then.   I do hope the unabridged version appears online someday, but it appears that whoever did the video tricks and edits may have the rights to the whole thing.   I still have that old tape and would like to see it digitized before the tape turns to shit.    I do not play it because I want it so preserved.

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 14 November 2017 - 07:33 PM.

#24 TechnoHippie

TechnoHippie

Mycophiliac

• Black VIP
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:11 PM

Who’s McKenna?

:laugh: :laugh: :blink:

• Juthro likes this

#25 TechnoHippie

TechnoHippie

Mycophiliac

• Black VIP
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:13 PM

My issue is that I give my friend and family the standard Mikey sized dose, yes they learn to fear the mushrooms after that. I’ll be like cmon next time I will just give the 2.5 recommended dose this time. “Hell No! I aight ever doing that shit again”.

Edit: By the Way, if someone wants to come hang out and take a ride, let me know :)

I AM SO IN DUDE! :-D

• Juthro likes this

#26 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Just Another Member

• App Administrator
  • 3,607 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:16 PM

Anytime!
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500
  • Alder Logs, Juthro, Heirloom and 1 other like this

#27 TechnoHippie

TechnoHippie

Mycophiliac

• Black VIP
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:18 PM

I think my first exposure to Terence was in the premiere MAPS Conference, sometime in the late '80s, having a copy of the extended videotape, given to me by the same man who handed me Terence's "shamanic dose," though a few years earlier.   Terence comes in on the video below at about 14:45, but I don't believe this was his first appearance, but at a later time in the progession.   It was great to hear him occasionally back in the '90s on Art Bell in the middle of the night.  As far as Jim Carey playing the role; I am all for it.  Can't wait to see it.

This video was brutally edited, and the part of Terence's time at the mic does not have the part that struck the strongest notes with the me I was back then.   I do hope the unabridged version appears online someday, but it appears that whoever did the video tricks and edits may have the rights to the whole thing.   I still have that old tape and would like to see it digitized before the tape turns to shit.    I do not play it because I want it so preserved.

[Direct Link]

Sweet thanks for sharing this!!

• Alder Logs likes this

#28 TechnoHippie

TechnoHippie

Mycophiliac

• Black VIP
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:19 PM

Anytime!
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500

:tinfoil: :tongue:

• Heirloom likes this

#29 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• Black VIP
  • 10,153 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:30 PM

[Direct Link]

#30 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:06 PM

On culture.  I love what he said about culture being the enemy of the individual.  You don't think culture is your enemy wait until they grab you and put a gun in your hand and ship you off to a foreign land to kill its inhabitants.

• TechnoHippie likes this

#31 sparrow95

sparrow95

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 121 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:31 PM

Hi Oyster. 5 g of what? Cubes?

#32 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:25 PM

Hi Oyster. 5 g of what? Cubes?

I'm mostly doing cubes now.  I think I threw in a few cyans too though.  Maybe a gram of cyans.  I've got a oz of mixed cyan and cubes and I think I'm gonna blend it up for next time but I can't quite figure out the right ratio as cyans have twice the power.

• sparrow95 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!