Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What is your Favorite Species/strain of shroom and why?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mycorry

Mycorry

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:33 PM

I will start off!

I love psylocibe Cubensis. My favorite strains are Transeki and BKP. however, their difference from any cube is negligible. 

but my favorite would have to be Hoogshengii Semperviva. Of all the different types, this one seems to be fluent in spirit :)

What is your favorite and why?

• Samwise, niemandgeist, CatsAndBats and 1 other like this

#2 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 942 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:46 PM

I'm loving the Malabar cubensis, but that's all I've been growing and it was a well developed strain. I've tried the semperviva and they were amazing, but I've not tried a large dose.

#3 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

captain obvious

• OG VIP
  • 9,074 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:13 AM

I will start off!

I love psylocibe Cubensis. My favorite strains are Transeki and BKP. however, their difference from any cube is negligible. 

but my favorite would have to be Hoogshengii Semperviva. Of all the different types, this one seems to be fluent in spirit :)

What is your favorite and why?

Pans, but I'm growing semperviva sooo it might change :biggrin:

https://mycotopia.ne...nvexa-grow-log/

#4 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:13 AM

Psilocybe Cyanescens has been my #1 companion for a few years now. It is a very gentle species that presents very little body discomfort when eaten dried and no discomfort whatsoever when brewed in tea. I and many of my friends have noted that it allows for very powerful emotional connection and clarity of elocution. Some say it has MDMA-like effects.

Psilocybe Mexicana is a close second. I use the latter for sensory-deprived trips. It tends to induce strong mesoamerican imagery and has lead me to some very profound insights. I find it to be a more masculine spirit, it teaches with a firm hand (which is good and necessary at times) whereas the Ps. Cyanescens is feminine and comforting.

I've also eaten wild Panaeolus Cambodginiensis once, and I noticed that it had an LSD-like quality to it; very clean and shockingly potent. It's also the only species I've found to induce strong audio hallucinations. Very strong 3D CEVs.

Cubensis probably needs no description but I find it hard on the body and the imagery very chaotic/alien so I don't bother with it unless I have no other choice. Vegetable cartoons.
  • Samwise and mjroom like this

#5 Samwise

Samwise

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:07 PM

Of all the species I've sampled so far (P. cubensis, P. semilanceata, P. cyanescens, some P. gaindoi/mexicana (in sclerotia form) and Panaeolus cyanescens)...my favourite is the Pan cyans, the "Hawaiian" strain at least. I like them because for me they reliably induce a very clean, clear, colourful, visionary, tropical bemushroomed state of consciousness...highly distinct for me compared to the often foggier, heavier, less colourful head space of the P. cubensis). I think them being more potent and one having to eat less of them may contribute to this, they don't weight one down as much and seem to be easier on the body. Also the transitional, coming up period of them tends to be really smooth compared to a big dose of P. cubensis which can sometimes produce some transient anxiety.

It is very clear to me that each species has its own signature or character, beyond simple set, setting or environmental factors and I think it's good to see fun-guys exploring other species. My first P. galindoi is currently fruiting, I have some fully colonised P. hoogshagenii 'Semperviva' jars, some P. mexicana on agar, and some P. caerulescens in liquid culture form, now ready to go. All these latter species are held in very high regard by indigenous mushroom using groups in Mexico, so I'm very excited to experience some of these species in the near future, and have a feeling I may need to revise my "fave mushroom" nomination! I'm even more psyched now to try the P. hoogshagenii 'Semperviva', I only seem to hear consistently amazing things about these mushrooms from anyone whose sampled them which is very encouraging! :cool:

• CatsAndBats, peacefrog, mjroom and 1 other like this

#6 sandman

sandman

Essence of Gypsum

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,982 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:18 PM

Mexicana ATL7 stones are my favorite. Easy to grow and a better time than cubes.

#7 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 597 posts

Donator

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:25 AM

Penis Envy is a hilarious strain to grow and very fun. :P

• CatsAndBats likes this

#8 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,815 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:51 AM

My experience is with only three types of Cubes.

Golden Teachers

Orissa India

Redboys

It's hard to describe a difference between them and very easy to make comparisons. Or to sum up - they are more alike than different.

Given the descriptions above of the pans and mexicans I think I'd better diversify.

Edited by pharmer, 15 November 2017 - 12:51 AM.

#9 Mewman

Mewman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:07 AM

Well my swim said that years ago it was pans though he'd grown several diffrent strains of cubes also ,and though he's getting back in comfortably with the pink buffalo strain ,pans are on the horizon this summer up and coming mebe though the pb's are a very medicinal sacrament to him at this time .

#10 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:43 PM

The penis envy, B+ and Z+ are not favorites of mine. I just yawned a lot. Could be the strain or grower... The pf classics made me see things.
I also must add, lsd does not work on me. Tried a bunch of times with little to no effect, which made me sad.
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#11 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

captain obvious

• OG VIP
  • 9,074 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:56 PM

The penis envy, B+ and Z+ are not favorites of mine. I just yawned a lot. Could be the strain or grower... The pf classics made me see things.
I also must add, lsd does not work on me. Tried a bunch of times with little to no effect, which made me sad.

True lsd25 is quite rare these days. Plus if one is on an SSRI or similar, it can greatly affect any psychedelics' efficacy.

#12 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,815 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:24 PM

It makes me sad that anybody who CAN source lsd cannot enjoy it.

Damn, it would be like having both sets of sex organs and their placement being such that they could not reach each other  :)

• Heirloom and CatsAndBats like this

#13 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,600 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:08 PM

I've only ever experienced or cultivated P. Cubensis, but I love how remarkably easy it is to grow more than enough for private personal use.

The first cubensis variety ("strain") I grew was B+, so I'm pretty partial to it. I also had some great success with P. Hawaiians and I'd like to try growing those again soon. The way the P. Hawaiians grew in little clusters was very different from my experiences with how B+ likes to form for the most part. The P. Hawaiians clusters were so beautiful. Shame I didn't snap any photos.

I understand that every variety/subtype of cubensis can have its own unique characteristics, especially how they end up looking visually. It'll be interesting to try a few more types one day.

True lsd25 is quite rare these days. Plus if one is on an SSRI or similar, it can greatly affect any psychedelics' efficacy.

I have an interesting personal anecdotal experience about being on an atypical antipsychotic and tripping on LSD and mushrooms. The atypical antipsychotic prescribed along with a mood stabilizer has never, ever impacted my ability to fully experience either LSD or mushrooms.

The last time I experienced LSD was in summer of 2009, though. From what I understand not long after that by a few years suddenly there were other compounds that could fit on a blotter and were passed off as LSD. There are many, many more new compounds that can fit on a blotter, some of them lysergimides.

I'm just happy that my medications don't impact by ability to have an occasional mushroom experience.

I'm sure with SSRI medications it'd be much different. I keep seeing people online in different places saying how if you're on an antipsychotic like Seroquel, of which I take 600mg each night (Yes, a lot of Seroquel), you won't be able to trip.

I suppose that the way these medications affects each individual can be very different.

Edited by niemandgeist, 22 November 2017 - 10:14 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!