tailsmcsnails

"DOOR"

• Gold VIP
  • 541 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:00 PM

So beautiful. Thanks @scott71whatevermcwhateverson
056746b18bdbb36340031c4f24ce2467.jpg6381966ab63eb3e329bd3263bd703547.jpgfc328a09578fd3d90b77b4a161a71152.jpg
  • Sidestreet, Skywatcher, Heirloom and 2 others like this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 5,463 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:24 PM

wow, i read that wrong.. thought you were talking about pooping  :biggrin:  just kidding, beautiful poopies

• coorsmikey and tailsmcsnails like this

#3 Jeepster

Jeepster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 324 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:34 PM

Beautiful!
  • tailsmcsnails likes this

#4 skunk

skunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 2,306 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:27 AM

Love these Persian Whites! Such a beauty!

Skunk

there is more spirituality in a single psychedelic plant than all the churches of the world

#5 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 712 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:58 AM

Well done, let it ripen and dry on the plant and save the seeds for next year :-)

(one can always partake in the dry pod if so desired it will still have some punch)

Edited by scott_1971_h, 18 November 2017 - 02:59 AM.

#6 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

"DOOR"

• Gold VIP
  • 541 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:58 AM

wow, i read that wrong.. thought you were talking about pooping  :biggrin:  just kidding, beautiful poopies

made ya look!

• wharfrat and scott_1971_h like this

#7 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 712 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:21 AM

How are they going, tails?

Mine have pretty well finished for the year, the whites are ready to come out, and the giganteums will follow shortly as well. In my experience, whites give a slightly better experience compared to giganteums, bit more potent (esp. when the pods are ripe and have dried, seeds loose ready for collection...)

• Heirloom likes this

#8 Furthur1

Furthur1

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:46 AM

I been thinking about poppies a lot lately.

Any chance someone knows of a poppy strain that is cold weather hearty with high alkaloid production? Talking Ohio climate.
  • tuftygrasses likes this

#9 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,370 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:33 AM

I been thinking about poppies a lot lately.

Any chance someone knows of a poppy strain that is cold weather hearty with high alkaloid production? Talking Ohio climate.

I became curious, so I did some searching for you. I live in so cal, so cold is not an issue for me. It seems they actually do very well in snow covered, cold climates. You can always start them in starter pots and transplant when snow melts, bur a lot of gardeners on this site claimed they just scattered seeds on the surface and left to go dormant until spring thaw, and that they thrived. One gardener actually claimed to scatter seeds over where they wanted them over snow (not too deep I imagine) and that as it melted they took hold on the ground.

I have not found them to be particular or demanding, other than once sprouted, they don't like transplanting that disturbs roots. I usually just cut off any I don't want rather than try to pull them.

http://forums.garden...oppy-seeds-help

• skunk and Jeepster like this

#10 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,872 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:30 AM

gigantheums

Sow now or late winter on prepared soil. They like a nitrogen feeding early. Keep well watered but not drowning. Find a way to support them if in a windy area. They also do very well when grown with other stuff that supports it in wind and does stuff to give it a little shade and possibly cooling the roots. it looks messier but I've always gotten better results when this situation develops.

I'm north of you. There's plenty of growing season for these here but you must start them early. Waiting until things warm up sometimes disappoints.

• TheObserver likes this

#11 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,551 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:00 PM

Nice flowers, in southern Mexico they grow them in the winter, they seem to get higher alkaloid content in the cooler temps.

#12 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 712 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:19 PM

Just about any poppy would be good, cold doesn't faze them. I'd suggest Tasmanian or Persian whites in addition to giganteums.
  • skunk likes this

#13 skunk

skunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 2,306 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:01 PM

+1 on they like the cold. Especially to stimulate germination. Many growers usually plant seeds out the season b4 and come spring they will be noticed popping up through the melting snow.

If pods aren't harvested and seed is left to broadcast.. come the following year after winter when the snow begins to melt they Will begin sprouting in early spring. We have freak snow storms where I'm from and it's not uncommon for them to be covered in snow on early spring.

I've also had poppies survive brief dips into the single digit - ┬░Celsius, during the early spring.

Skunk

The Smurfs are Little Blue People who live in Magic Mushrooms

Edited by skunk, 04 December 2017 - 01:02 PM.

• Heirloom and scott_1971_h like this

#14 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 712 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:35 PM

Nice flowers, in southern Mexico they grow them in the winter, they seem to get higher alkaloid content in the cooler temps.

I think central Europe still holds the record for potency, from memory 20% alks in mountain ranges in Slovakia, to give some indication of their ideal conditions. They seem to love hills and coldish winters with moderate summers but plenty of sun.
  • skunk likes this

#15 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,551 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:56 PM

I meant that scientist studying morphine production have concluded that in colder temps more morphine is produced, this is why Mexican drug cartels grow poppies in the winter in Mexico, Science.
  • scott_1971_h and skunk like this

#16 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 712 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:29 PM

I meant that scientist studying morphine production have concluded that in colder temps more morphine is produced, this is why Mexican drug cartels grow poppies in the winter in Mexico, Science.

Yes thats pretty well true. (although day length and light intensity would be a big factor as well.)

• skunk likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!