3 replies to this topic

#1 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,521 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:05 PM

Like so much in this thought field around the notion of spirituality, any mental apprehension or conceptual pinning down of its meaning to mind, is to take away from raw uninterpreted experience.   Why spirituality becomes mystic is just the outcome of rationality attempting to corner something without bounds, something outside of any ratio.   And yet, there is this drive in us that is open to any misconception of the rational mind that has led to a world smörgåsbord of insanity.   The best intentions can lead to terrible outcomes.   Unhappiness and the fear of unhappiness hold keys to all sorts of destruction.   Ideas of happiness, being the other side of the same ratio, lend nearly infinite power to many misguided pressures of human desire.

The ego mind comes up with endless cake-and-eat-it schemes, in that it cannot ever cop to the fact that it is not the receiver of the happiness it seeks.   It sees happy thoughts and feelings in mind and body, objectifies them, and goes to work on its mental drawing board.   Believing itself to be an entity, capable of having and not having, it drives on for its perceived goals of having happiness and preventing unhappiness, taking body and mind along for the ride, frequently proving the Law of Reversed Effort in this vain exercise.

The expression called, "Alder Logs," claims to be, "happy for no reason."   Is this particular expression of the life force subject to feelings of unhappiness?  Yes, of course, as such an expression, he sees he has wants and has learned preferences, but at the same time, has seen in no uncertain terms that this expression is not other than an idea of self.    I, Alder Logs, am not any more Alder Logs, than I am the legal name attached to me not long after physical birth.   What I am, as known in experience, knows a base state in what could be called, happiness. 

In and out of being in this knowing, and having known the seeming states of fear and want, incompleteness and false identification, the I who writes here would love to see unreasonable happiness overwhelm every expression of this being I have come to know in this time/no time seeming space.   So, I offer this thread in such a spirit.

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 21 November 2017 - 08:17 PM.

• Guy1298 and DonShadow like this

#2 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 739 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:29 AM

I've found it interesting to consider that I have not received even one bit of my happinesses or unhappinesses. I liked that you mentioned not being the receiver of the happiness it seeks. 

I told someone not so long ago with regard to the doing of "bullshit" that we do the bullshit, but we never do the bullshit. Haha. I think it is the case. Just sort of knowing the momentum of life, that time moves forward without any effort on you're part should be enough to know that there is nothing to worry about. I do not instigate movement in time, though I like to believe I do, enough so that I'll drive myself crazy. :)

• Alder Logs likes this

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,521 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:48 AM

Is there an I who moves through time, or is it an I, stationary in what is playing in the present?    Which I would seem more true to experience, if we come  consciously, this instant, into what is now?    Which seems more real from the point of view of the thinking mind?

• Guy1298 and SteampunkScientist like this

#4 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,412 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:03 PM

Is there an I who moves through time, or is it an I, stationary in what is playing in the present?    Which I would seem more true to experience, if we come  consciously, this instant, into what is now?    Which seems more real from the point of view of the thinking mind?

Except for the fact that "It's" hands are tied and it has no control over the view-master casting the images it sees.  I can neither stop them, slow them down, or reverse them, except in reviewing memory. But memory many times is a fuzzy approximation, flat and not as appealing as that we refer to as the "now reality".

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 22 November 2017 - 05:06 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!