My very first grow was cut short, leaving me with nothing but 4.4 grams of my own grown Golden Teachers, and too much knowledge to take in with such little experience. With a hasty relocation for work the six remaining BRF jars, and syringes went into a storage unit to sit. Until late one night a little over a month ago. I dusted the jars off and quickly looked everything over. Moving into a new place meant I could start my next experiment, and I have been biting at the bit.
Out of six of the jars five of them where mold ridden. Thrown away, with one surviving absolutely fine to the human eye. With a month to waste before move in I decided why not. It could not jeopardize the future experiment or grow being the last jar. I inoculated the jar after simply wiping the needle with an alcohol pad with the syringe labeled Koh Samui "Super Strain". I have done some reading, and understand the different strains, so we will see which one this is as it pans out. After inoculation I left it with a babysitter on their windowsill.
When I returned to pickup my experiment I noticed its apparent success. Two lighter sized normal appearing mushrooms, and one deformed cap as seen in other KSSS grows. Not thinking it was going to actually survive much less take off I was not around to see when the test subject showed pins, or when they grew. Two days after being returned to my care the large deformed cap pressed against the lid, and broke the other mushroom growing underneath it in half. I decided to do an early harvest, and dunk to actually evaluate start to finish.
The number one goal now is to take a tissue sample to clone into newly made Oat jars. Test subject will be birthed onto a bed of perlite on Thursday. I believe they need more heat, and I am excited to see it produce a normal shroomie that is not deformed. I was hoping to run with the normal side of this strain!
Pictured is 10g wet